Sponsored

What age group are you in buying a Maverick?

• Total voters

Deleted member 1370

Wow im surprised. Not in a bad way just thought it would be people more in my age group of the under 30 crowd. Since its well...to be fair affordable for my age bracket. But it seems pretty even as well which is a good sign. Showing it should be a very promising product for many demographics. Granted im excited as itll be my first ever new vehicle and first vehicle bought on my own power.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow im surprised. Not in a bad way just thought it would be people more in my age group of the under 30 crowd. Since its well...to be fair affordable for my age bracket. But it seems pretty even as well which is a good sign. Showing it should be a very promising product for many demographics. Granted im excited as itll be my first ever new vehicle and first vehicle bought on my own power.
Congrats. 🎉🎈

mdh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here @Moir1994 - excited for something new that I've finally (after several years) saved up the money for!

H0pelessOpus

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat - 2022 Explorer Timberline
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like I missed the poll. Under 30 squad checking in

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Proud 62 buying a truck geared towards younger buyers, I can live with that. To be honest, it is being purchased to tow four down behind my motorhome.

Sponsored

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
67 and I had a Scion Tc when they first came out. Guess I'm young at heart,
You rock dude… 2019 Fiat 500c turbo; 64 and 63 (replace the 2013 because the are not making them for USA anymore).

Ford Maverick What age group Maverick owner / buyer are you? A4AF6A29-C049-4A2D-B8A3-B330F39B8759

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think Ford corporate would be surprised with the results of this poll given their marketing strategy. Interviews given by their marketing and engineer heads for the Maverick talk about entry level, young buyers.

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
Wow. 57.8% over 50 years old. I’m 58 and remember when trucks were not super sized like today.
the 40 mpg is amazing. All us old guys know gas is going way higher. I’m guessing $6 To$7 a gallon soon.

Clouse93

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I think Ford corporate would be surprised with the results of this poll given their marketing strategy. Interviews given by their marketing and engineer heads for the Maverick talk about entry level, young buyers.
From my marketing experience (for whatever that's worth), I'd bet that they expected the older population group (though maybe not quite at the levels they are seeing) but do not feel compelled to throw marketing dollars in that direction because they expect that group to buy based on value. Rather their positioning is entirely based on the target they want to capture - young entry level customers they can immediately grow their overall market share from as they steal them from non-truck segments, but also expect bigger dividends in the long game. As those younger buyers grow in their earnings potential, the hope is they will look at more expensive options from Ford. The Maverick is really a replacement for their sedan lineup, but with much greater potential.

Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From my marketing experience (for whatever that's worth), I'd bet that they expected the older population group (though maybe not quite at the levels they are seeing) but do not feel compelled to throw marketing dollars in that direction because they expect that group to buy based on value. Rather their positioning is entirely based on the target they want to capture - young entry level customers they can immediately grow their overall market share from as they steal them from non-truck segments, but also expect bigger dividends in the long game. As those younger buyers grow in their earnings potential, the hope is they will look at more expensive options from Ford. The Maverick is really a replacement for their sedan lineup, but with much greater potential.
Yes, this and it’s much easier to market to young folks without turning older people off while the opposite is not true. Plus, it brings in the spry older folks who still feel young.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I doubt it. Baby Boomers have represented the largest new-car-buying demographic across virtually all car classes for years.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I doubt it. Baby Boomers have represented the largest new-car-buying demographic across virtually all car classes for years.
Actually, millennials finally bought more cars than boomers recently. They’re becoming the biggest market in a few areas as they age and have more buying power… and others… ya know.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually, millennials finally bought more cars than boomers recently. They’re becoming the biggest market in a few areas as they age and have more buying power… and others… ya know.
Wonder if this is an anomaly due to the pandemic, current low interest rates, or the fact that since millennials make up the largest group of renters they have more disposable income? This will be interesting to observe...

Or perhaps Boomers simply scaled back their purchases due to the uncertainty of the pandemic to protect savings.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wonder if this is an anomaly due to the pandemic, current low interest rates, or the fact that since millennials make up the largest group of renters they have more disposable income? This will be interesting to observe...

Or perhaps Boomers simply scaled back their purchases due to the uncertainty of the pandemic to protect savings.
Yeah, it could be any number of things. All good speculation. Since rental prices have skyrocketed and they are the first generation in a long time worse off than their parents financially, I wouldn’t say more disposable income but I get what you mean. I think they were just holding off on buying new cars for the longest time and finally got into it with it being more digital. Probably a lot to do with the pandemic and less people needing cars in general. Will be interesting to watch it for sure, especially as new car prices inch upward.
Sponsored