Sponsored

What age group are you in buying a Maverick?

• Total voters

rjag2034

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche, Lexus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 57 and am retiring my 05 Lexus GX which has been an incredible vehicle but need more of a wheelbarrow DD with an engine. I've ordered the hybrid XLT with the lux package in iconic silver.....I'm really quite excited to check it out!
Ford Maverick What age group Maverick owner / buyer are you? lexus winters

Heres my other toy
Ford Maverick What age group Maverick owner / buyer are you? 20210515_163536993_iOS
Sponsored

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Ford corporate would be surprised with the results of this poll given their marketing strategy. Interviews given by their marketing and engineer heads for the Maverick talk about entry level, young buyers.
Believe me ..... they, the FORD folks, are indeed watching this and so much. šŸ„øšŸ¤“

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Lot of old farts in here! šŸ˜‚

I don't think Ford wanted us to buy Mavericks instead of F-150s! Screw em!

Unforgiven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue hybrid lariat maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lot of old farts in here! šŸ˜‚

I don't think Ford wanted us to buy Mavericks instead of F-150s! Screw em!
Hell Iā€™m trading in my 2019 f150. As much as I can get for it now Ill actually be making money in this transaction and will end up with a truck that meets my need much more realistically.

Sponsored

Bingo

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford maverick xl hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Proud 62 buying a truck geared towards younger buyers, I can live with that. To be honest, it is being purchased to tow four down behind my motorhome.
Glad you pointed out that Maverick can be towed 4 wheels down ā€”as it is not advertised enough. Not many people may know that. We had a CMax hybrid for towing 4 wheels down, and not many knew that either. Now that you pointed that out, there may be more ā€œoldiesā€ looking at Maverick. šŸ˜ So much easier for towing. Good for you BDennis.

RogueTruck

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Elantra, 18 Murano
At 67 my purchase motivations have matured. I figure some of the other seniors on the forum feel the same. When I was younger all I wanted was something that was eye catching and unique...and the ladies would like. When I got older, I wanted something that reflected my success to others....and the ladies would like. Now I want something for me. At 67, I don't want to crawl out of or climb up into a vehicle. At 67, I want a vehicle with utility for my needs. At 67, I want a vehicle with value. I no longer need to buy a vehicle that costs as much as a home did when I was young. The Maverick is the perfect vehicle for me, not just for my age....but it fits with the wisdom I've gained over the years. It is cool. It has value. AND I am as excited as a 16 year old to get it.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 57 and am retiring my 05 Lexus GX which has been an incredible vehicle but need more of a wheelbarrow DD with an engine. I've ordered the hybrid XLT with the lux package in iconic silver.....I'm really quite excited to check it out!
lexus winters.jpg

Heres my other toy
20210515_163536993_iOS.jpg
You will get a nice price for the Lexus. It is a high demand item for offroading crowd. Especially the young crowd

Sponsored

The One

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2015 Mustang Ecoboost converti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 60 yo and I'm long past caring what other people think. I don't buy with the herd I buy what appeals to me and the Maverick does. The Mavericks low cost and just the right amount of technology makes it "talk" to me. I bet Ford is amazed that Maverick appeals just as much to my age demographic as their targeted one.

MTMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy 1T
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, millennials finally bought more cars than boomers recently. Theyā€™re becoming the biggest market in a few areas as they age and have more buying powerā€¦ and othersā€¦ ya know.
Us poor Xer's just stuck in the middle and forgotten about, lol.

TulieMark06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
65 & retired....Not really concerned with Ford's intended market - the Maverick addresses all my needs.

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I donā€™t think Ford understands the market this hits, young people donā€™t own houses so they donā€™t really need a truck. Iā€™m 68 and this will be vehicle 3 for us, something that we can leave outside, take to Home Depot, Lowes, Gardening places, dump etc. If they thought this was geared for 20 somethings or 30ā€™s I donā€™t think their only vehicle will be a truck unless they are really into outdoor activities.
Sponsored