Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You just got done talking about removing all distractions while driving. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I hope you are not driving!!!
Good lord. Time for you to retire from this thread!
Sponsored

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every forum has a know-it-all that posts all day every day. Found one here. Congrats. Made the ignore list. The one and only member.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Success!

BAScott62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the blue bar is an SoC indicator, why does it sometimes grow while accelerating?

Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the blue bar is an SoC indicator, why does it sometimes grow while accelerating?
Think of it as an electric power available meter. When you are stopped or going very slow the motor can produce a lot of torque but not as much power as when the vehicle is moving a bit faster.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good for you. You saved several pennies on that 15 mile drive. Lucky you didn't rear-end someone while you were busy looking at a blue bar. To each there own.
See GPSMan’s response. I agree. And I think the relevant comparison is not me to myself but me to drivers of full size pickups. The savings on gas is 2 to 3 times — this difference is serious dollars at 15 to 18 mpg’s in big vehicles — and well worth my carefully and safely watching my fuel usage.

Be careful. I’m from Upstate NY too (Rochester area) and am retired too. But I try not to be too grumpy. I try to see the best in people driving their new Ford Mav Hybrid, who make an effort to get really good gas mileage in a safe manner.

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Blue bar envy. LOL. Like I said before, I see no reason to be anal about it. Like my dad, who would drive miles out of his way to save 5 cents on a gallon of gas.

Sponsored

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesume video. I figured it could be in electric at higher speeds as long as battery has a charge. Now i know. Jealous of your 90 degrees though !!
That temp was a few months ago. Thanks for your complement about my video Larry! I have 100 mav only videos with real world driving experirences like this, not someone who gets a loaner and claims to be an expert. Also, I don't make you stare at me like most of the others do on YouTube.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And there's where your ASSumption is wrong.
Awesume video. I figured it could be in electric at higher speeds as long as battery has a charge. Now i know. Jealous of your 90 degrees though !!
At 75 mpg, were you on flat terrain or going downhill? I was able to drive in electric at 65 mph going downhill but not on flat interstate. Nevertheless, it’s a good strategy to drive in electric as much as possible in a safe manner going downhill on an interstate hi way.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

At 75 mpg, were you on flat terrain or going downhill? I was able to drive in electric at 65 mph going downhill but not on flat interstate. Nevertheless, it’s a good strategy to drive in electric as much as possible in a safe manner going downhill on an interstate hi way.
You need to think of that right hand pedal as a torque request pedal.

It's not a "gas" pedal.
It's not a "speed" pedal.
It's not a "go" pedal, as it can be used to slow you down, (give negative torque) especially in the "L" drive mode.

So if you need very little torque in either direction, such as "drifting" or coasting at high speeds, the engine can be off at high speeds.

With an electric motor, torque goes down as speed goes up. So you won't get much "umph" at higher speeds.

It's a bit of a mystery why the truck's EV is so severely software limited at SLOW speeds (to approximately 25% output).

Hypothesis: to limit heat generated by higher current draw.

Bronson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been using eco mode to get out of my neighborhood and then switching to normal when I am about to get on the highway. Just something to consider and to experiment with to see if it helps. Good luck and please report back
Trying eco mode in city and Normal on highway, these are my results. So far it's a little better compared with only eco mode. Each of these are mostly highway. I think going there it is up hill and going back is downhill which is part why a large range in numbers. Im thinking I'll next try all surface streets for this drive and see how that compares to almost all highway.
Ford Maverick What’s your EV coach “blue bar” length? IMG_20230130_092549
Ford Maverick What’s your EV coach “blue bar” length? IMG_20230130_123150
Ford Maverick What’s your EV coach “blue bar” length? IMG_20230131_093654
Ford Maverick What’s your EV coach “blue bar” length? IMG_20230131_122911
Ford Maverick What’s your EV coach “blue bar” length? IMG_20230207_101400
Ford Maverick What’s your EV coach “blue bar” length? IMG_20230207_140047

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would Assume that that there was surplus electricity that needed to be put into battery at the current ICE rpm!
Sponsored