Sponsored

Went from "Where are all the Mavericks" to "How'd all these Mavericks get here" this morning.

blu23

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Corvette, '13 Escape, '22 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We live in the general Youngstown/Warren area of northeast Ohio. Not exactly a throbbing metropolis here. In the eight months I've been aware of Mavericks, I've seen only ONE other one in the area. Went to my barber this morning and among the topics he loves to give his opinion on, (politics, the price of food, etc), he was talking about a new truck he had just picked up and how much he liked it. Just as he let it be known that it was a new Maverick, another one pulled into the parking lot. Holy crap!! Three of the four vehicles parked there were Mavericks. All in the same place and at the same time. We think that may be more than the local dealer has. My black'22 XLT EB, his blue '22 Lariat hybrid and a gray '22 Lariat. All of us agreed how rare it is to see them in the wild and what a coincidence it was to be there with three of them. My barber left me the chair, grabbed his phone and went outside to get pictures of them. He was more excited about the situation than any of us. All in all, a pretty good start to the day. How does it get any better? I'll tell you. In a few hours our three month old first great-granddaughter will be here for us to watch for the afternoon.
Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's pretty cool, all right. I was thrilled a few weeks ago when I came back out to the parking lot and found another Maverick parked right next to mine. The driver came out just as I was unlocking, and we talked for a while. Hers (actually her son's) was a Cactus Gray XLT. First time I've been able to see one up close. Interesting color. It looked like different colors just sitting there. On the side where the sun was shining, it was greenish gray. On the side perpendicular to the sun it looked blue-ish. And on the side next to my Area 51, it just looked flat gray. Really strange.

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I live in a very small town and just last week I saw a cyber orange (hard to miss) and a silver mav. I gave a wave but zipped by so quickly not sure if they waved back. First two I have seen since I have had mine.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
, seeRichard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 Mustang 5.0 co
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Had not seen or even touched a Maverick until 2 days ago when noted a blue hybrid outside the fast food stop we were at. Still looking out the window and discussing it with my wife when the owner suddenly went out the door to it. I quickly followed him across the parking lot to talk and see up close. He was already in the truck and ready to roll when I caught up, said late for appointment. So just a quick look and a few words. I told him I had one on order and touched it. He said "you're gonna love it" and quietly rolled off. And just yesterday, saw 2 more on the road, cactus gray and carbonized gray. So it really looks like they're finally about to be everywhere. Still a rare site for me.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We live in the general Youngstown/Warren area of northeast Ohio. Not exactly a throbbing metropolis here. In the eight months I've been aware of Mavericks, I've seen only ONE other one in the area. Went to my barber this morning and among the topics he loves to give his opinion on, (politics, the price of food, etc), he was talking about a new truck he had just picked up and how much he liked it. Just as he let it be known that it was a new Maverick, another one pulled into the parking lot. Holy crap!! Three of the four vehicles parked there were Mavericks. All in the same place and at the same time. We think that may be more than the local dealer has. My black'22 XLT EB, his blue '22 Lariat hybrid and a gray '22 Lariat. All of us agreed how rare it is to see them in the wild and what a coincidence it was to be there with three of them. My barber left me the chair, grabbed his phone and went outside to get pictures of them. He was more excited about the situation than any of us. All in all, a pretty good start to the day. How does it get any better? I'll tell you. In a few hours our three month old first great-granddaughter will be here for us to watch for the afternoon.
That is a good day!

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's pretty cool, all right. I was thrilled a few weeks ago when I came back out to the parking lot and found another Maverick parked right next to mine. The driver came out just as I was unlocking, and we talked for a while. Hers (actually her son's) was a Cactus Gray XLT. First time I've been able to see one up close. Interesting color. It looked like different colors just sitting there. On the side where the sun was shining, it was greenish gray. On the side perpendicular to the sun it looked blue-ish. And on the side next to my Area 51, it just looked flat gray. Really strange.
Yup, love my Cactus Gray. I say it's like getting three colors for the price of one!

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As much as I love your Maverick story, I am more excited over your great granddaughter. Things come and go, and while we come to love them, nothing is like our kids, grandkids and great grandkids. I have two great grandkids and nothing like them. Enjoy your Maverick and enjoy your family.

OP
OP
blu23

blu23

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Corvette, '13 Escape, '22 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As much as I love your Maverick story, I am more excited over your great granddaughter. Things come and go, and while we come to love them, nothing is like our kids, grandkids and great grandkids. I have two great grandkids and nothing like them. Enjoy your Maverick and enjoy your family.
As I write this, (a Saturday morning) our Mav is outside waiting for us to enjoy and the great granddaughter I mentioned is here again. We're loving life right now.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mavericks come in waves. Some weeks mine is the only one I see, other times I cannot got a day without seeing 3-5 of them.

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think there are 4, including mine, within a mile of my house now.

Sponsored

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
by end of this year beginning of next year they will be all over the place. I only know of 2 in my area. Alto blue and area 51. I think I may be the only cyber orange around, never seen one in the wild before I got mine

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I write this, (a Saturday morning) our Mav is outside waiting for us to enjoy and the great granddaughter I mentioned is here again. We're loving life right now.
promised mine to my grandson, he is 9. So he will get it in 7 years. I do about 6k miles a year it should have under 60k miles!

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Live in a city of 6,400. No traffic lights is our claim to fame. Best you get is one 4 way stop where everyone has to stop at the flashing red light to take turns proceeding. Haha.

Our main road is notoriously bad for people passing other drivers when they are stopped on the road trying to make a left turn into side streets. It is only one lane each direction, but the road is very wide. So it is possible to pass on the right even if it isn't legal.

I was paused waiting to make my left into my neighborhood when I saw someone flying up behind me. I thought "ohhhh great here comes someone who is going to either rear end me, or dangerously try to pass me on the right going about 35 MPH." Ended up being a new Mav with temp tags. They gave me a wave as they passed me illegally. Haha. I wasn't as mad anymore.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You just made my day. Mine are all the way in CO and I am here in TX, so glad you can enjoy her. Nothing in life more important than family, faith and good friends. Have a great day.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

by end of this year beginning of next year they will be all over the place. I only know of 2 in my area. Alto blue and area 51. I think I may be the only cyber orange around, never seen one in the wild before I got mine
I've only seen one cyber orange as well, just last week in fact. It had what looked like the factory topper with a ladder on it, clearly some kind of work truck. Looked like a school bus, just like I thought it would. :p :LOL: ;) There is another XLT Hybrid Maverick, Carbonized Gray Metallic, two blocks away. We've only crossed paths on the road once.
Sponsored

Last edited: