Sponsored

Weird Issue with Digital Speedometer Location. Possible to move?

Das_Schatten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
UPDATE::::: After much research and turning everything on and off in every possible combination I have come to the realization that it has to do with the evasive collision display setting. Unchecking this setting while ALSO having lane assist disabled is the only way to achieve this. One without the other results in no change. I can finally enjoy a cleaner cluster display! :D :::::/UPDATE

So to all of my fellow Lariat owners: I take it is impossible to move the digital speedometer to the center of the instrument cluster? As seen in this photo, the speedometer is centered where the lane assist visuals are seemingly forever planted. I've tried every which way menu-wise to get it in the center and it appears it is forever to the right of center. Anyone else have a solution or is it merely impossible to scoot the speedometer to the center if your truck is fully loaded?

I have tried disabling lane-keeping assist via the toggle button on the end of the turn signal stalk as someone else said to do, but this only toggled a small icon in the upper left of the display and had no effect on the digital speedometer location.

Ford Maverick Weird Issue with Digital Speedometer Location. Possible to move? 2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0L MPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So to all of my fellow Lariat owners: I take it is impossible to move the digital speedometer to the center of the instrument cluster? As seen in this photo, the speedometer is centered where the lane assist visuals are seemingly forever planted. I've tried every which way menu-wise to get it in the center and it appears it is forever to the right of center. Anyone else have a solution or is it merely impossible to scoot the speedometer to the center if your truck is fully loaded?

I have tried disabling lane-keeping assist via the toggle button on the end of the turn signal stalk as someone else said to do, but this only toggled a small icon in the upper left of the display and had no effect on the digital speedometer location.

2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0L MPG.jpg
I know what you are talking about here. What I suspect you are looking at here is an image from an XLT with the FX4 package but without the 360 ford assist. That configuration would not have the lane-assist 'road' down the middle bottom of the display, so they placed the speedo in the center.

I think the answer is to get used to it - I noticed it immediately myself, but shrugged it off after I tried to see what could be done in the menus.

Sponsored

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost

2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0L MPG.jpg
Would you posting a picture of what the digital speedometer looks like on your truck? I have a Lariat Lux package on order myself and am curious as to what to expect. I was looking forward to the digital speedometer.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would you posting a picture of what the digital speedometer looks like on your truck? I have a Lariat Lux package on order myself and am curious as to what to expect. I was looking forward to the digital speedometer.
They did, it is the link in the 2nd post.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Weird Issue with Digital Speedometer Location. Possible to move? 1634762742034

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They did, it is the link in the 2nd post.
Oh! I’m sorry, I didn’t see that earlier.

Wow, that is disappointing to say the least! So I’m assuming if you get the Lariat and add the Lux package with lane centering, that‘s the only digital speedometer you will get is the little small one to the right? Very underwhelMing….

I know you mentioned you tried to turn it off on the stalk, but have you tried to turn off lane centering on the steering wheel?

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an fx4, not a big fan of the display. I dont want to see 2 different mpg screens or my tire pressure. The radio station screen is meh. I would prefer the MPH to be large with nothing else for 1 screen.

Sponsored

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This must be a settings issue somewhere. Here is a video of someone driving a Lariat Lux first edition and it clearly shows the digital speedometer in the center.

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
I have an fx4, not a big fan of the display. I dont want to see 2 different mpg screens or my tire pressure. The radio station screen is meh. I would prefer the MPH to be large with nothing else for 1 screen.
There are other screens you can turn on in the menu. I think theres off road, awd, etc.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are other screens you can turn on in the menu. I think theres off road, awd, etc.
I just came back to say that, I though hmm I'd better look at the manual.😳

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So upon looking at the manual, there are several screens you can add or remove via the steering wheel. I added the "calm" screen which centers the speed !!! 😻 .........fx4 xlt only, no 360 for me.

Ford Maverick Weird Issue with Digital Speedometer Location. Possible to move? 20211020_173730
Sponsored