john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger, next...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thanks 93tillinfinity,
could you or anyone else with a xl (hybrid) with steelies confirm the same rim (stamped rim width) is on the spare as the mounted wheels. I think the tire inflation labels showed the spare is like 1/2" narrower - but most likely they are on the same size rims. I'd like to know I can mount the same mounted size tire on the spare's rim.
thanks much!
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking at the wheel and tire setup being 49 pounds. I looked up the continentals and they are 22.7 LBS, so the stock wheels are 26.3.
According to this, the XLT aluminum wheels are less than a pound lighter than the XL steel wheels.

Although, that does not take into account the valve stem and the compressed air in the tire.

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have an XL and want nice rims you should check elsewhere than FoMoCo. Tirerack has a nice 18lb for $165.

drvnfast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' XL Hybrid in 🌵 Gray
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you very much for this information! I just lowered my hybrid Maverick with Eibach pro springs (I lower everything I own) and purchased 20x9" Stance light weight flow formed wheels for my hybrid which come in at 25 lbs each. To add I'd like to say that the wheel offset for the steelies is +37.5 mm. Thanks again OP!
Sponsored