First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have any idea how much the drop in bedliner for the maverick weighs? Now that I just found out I can't have spray-in I'm trying to decide whether to opt for the drop in or just go without. i'm trying to avoid the excessive weight so as not to impair the mpg's's.
Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, two threads by you in two minutes. Both of which might be untrue if you already have your order in.

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The weight difference between a drop-in and a spray-in liner is maybe 10-20 pounds (I'm guessing). That is not going to make a significant difference in fuel economy. In fact, plastic drop-in was lighter than spray-in, at least for the couple of liners I found in a 10-minute search.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Benson

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was inquiring about the weight of the drop-in bedliner.......I already know it has to be more than a spray-in.

OP
OP
Benson

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, two threads by you in two minutes. Both of which might be untrue if you already have your order in.
Well then....share your knowledge of what is true!

Sponsored

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i'm trying to avoid the excessive weight so as not to impair the mpg's's.
I think this is really splitting hairs. A couple dozen pounds difference either way won't impact your mileage to any significant degree. It's like saying I get better mileage on the way to the supermarket than on the way home with 20 pounds of groceries. Or I get better mileage when the gas tank's nearly empty than when it's full. Adding even 50 pounds to a 3600 pound truck (<1.4%), even if that 1.4% went directly to fuel economy (which it won't) would be the difference between 37 MPG and 36.5 MPG.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this is really splitting hairs. A couple dozen pounds difference either way won't impact your mileage to any significant degree. It's like saying I get better mileage on the way to the supermarket than on the way home with 20 pounds of groceries. Or I get better mileage when the gas tank's nearly empty than when it's full. Adding even 50 pounds to a 3600 pound truck (<1.4%), even if that 1.4% went directly to fuel economy (which it won't) would be the difference between 37 MPG and 36.5 MPG.
Please don't derail this with common sense.

OP
OP
Benson

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not true. A BedRug is only 20 pounds.

They should call it that , then. Bed Rug sounds much better than saying. Drop-in bedliner!......so you are saying they are the very same thing, correct?

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
They should call it that , then. Bed Rug sounds much better than saying. Drop-in bedliner!......so you are saying they are the very same thing, correct?
I'm saying that there are drop in liners that weigh less than spray in liners and I'm sure the opposite is also true. It would be a mistake to assume the relative weights of liners based on application method alone. I'm also saying that the weight difference between liners has a negligible effect on fuel economy.
Sponsored