Sponsored

Way to Enable beep on Blind Spot Monitor with Forscan?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a way to enable chime / beep with blind spot monitoring system? Definitely going to be useful hearing the beep and not just the little light on the side mirror.
Activate BEEP? What I want is voice notification = "Jim Bob - Warning nursing home escapee known to Lane drift approaching on right rear driving vin #nnn......... County sheriff has been notified say yes if you want to hear this again otherwise say no or say survey if you would like. It will only take 2-3 minutes. Fyi, there is a four star chicken drive through at the next exit......".🤪
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is the blind spot light on the mirror itself or inside on the frame? I drove a car with it on the inside and like it a lot better. I almost completely ignore and miss it on the mirror during the day because its too bright out.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s on the mirror, but it’s hard to ignore it. It seems focused for the driver position and it Lights up with intensity. It lights up even brighter (hard to believe it was possible, but it does) if you move toward that lane or turn your signal on.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this function available on any other Ford vehicle? If not, there may simply be no programming to enable this. ForScan is a great tool, but if the code isn't there to toggle on or off, there's not really a way to add it.

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree it should beep if turn signal is active and the bsm light is active. If I am looking in the mirror I will see the light, but if not the beep is helpful. That is how every other system I have used works. And it is the right way. Otherwise it’s almost useless.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a tone on my Nissan Titan, but it only beeped when I was changing lanes and there was a car in my blind spot. Otherwise the side mirror light came on when anyone was in the blind spot just no tone unless I was changing lanes. Hope that wasn't too confusing...
The wife said that when she was in adaptive cruise and tried to move steering wheel to change lanes with someone in blind spot the steering wheel would not turn and the red window popped up on the dash and could not tell if the truck hit the brake before she did or at the same time. I may have been screaming and we could not hear any bell or beeping sound🤷!

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

the backup one is annoying enough....
Compared to the backup alarms on construction equipment, ambulances, etc I will easily put up with the Mavericks' chime.

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I didn't pay a lot of attention to the signals or type of warnings, but a few days ago while backing out of a parking place at the local very busy grocery store, I kept getting audible warnings of some kind about people/cars behind me. Seems as if there may have been an audible warning from the side, but I'm not sure as I was intent on getting out of the parking lot without getting hit and thankful for any warnings I received. Was I dreaming?
That's the cross-traffic warning and it can save your paint in a busy parking lot.

dc73pdsgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is there a way to enable chime / beep with blind spot monitoring system? Definitely going to be useful hearing the beep and not just the little light on the side mirror.
I agree with the others that it would want me to jump outta the truck cuz it would be constantly going off. Now if it beeped when you put on your turn signal say for a lane change that would be alright
Sponsored