2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I saw this waterless wash at Costco. Has anyone used it or something similar? I mostly want it to give me another reason to spend time with my truck!

Ford Maverick Waterless wash opinions 76F940E1-120E-4BD0-BF3E-C93B1A0B923E
Sponsored

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Idk if I would trust a Costco waterless product. I say that because you NEED to have proper lubrication and proper polymer technology. I would use a trusted product like P&S Epic Waterless Wash.
Also make sure you’re using towels that are plush and many of them. You don’t want to transport dirt from one part of the car to another and scratch the finish. Try to make sure it’s a 70%Polyester/30%Polyamide blended towel to resist scratching.
Dont buy cheap Costco towels đź‘Ť

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you for the feedback! I’ll go with your recommendation.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Idk if I would trust a Costco waterless product. I say that because you NEED to have proper lubrication and proper polymer technology. I would use a trusted product like P&S Epic Waterless Wash.
Also make sure you’re using towels that are plush and many of them. You don’t want to transport dirt from one part of the car to another and scratch the finish. Try to make sure it’s a 70%Polyester/30%Polyamide blended towel to resist scratching.
Dont buy cheap Costco towels đź‘Ť
Thank you for sharing your opinion. You'd be surprised how much research time Costco puts into their products before they're on the shelves. Extensive. I've been using Costco bar towels ever since my wife bought them mistaking them for the terry cloth shop towels. Since they're microfiber, I saw no reason not to use them on my Alto Blue. Very satisfied. Perhaps you're referring to another type of towel Costco sells?

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't know about the Costco version, but Kozak has been in business for some 96 years selling dry wash cloths. I've used them on and off for decades and they do work, but they're certainly not going to put auto detailers out of business. I'm not obsessive about vehicle appearance (think less than one car wash a year on average—oh the horror!). A decent alternative for someone in a hurry or in a garage on a rainy day.

Sponsored

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for sharing your opinion. You'd be surprised how much research time Costco puts into their products before they're on the shelves. Extensive. I've been using Costco bar towels ever since my wife bought them mistaking them for the terry cloth shop towels. Since they're microfiber, I saw no reason not to use them on my Alto Blue. Very satisfied. Perhaps you're referring to another type of towel Costco sells?
Of course. I think so, I believe they only make one car towel lol. The yellow towels that come in 36 packs?

Well I’ve had nightmare experiences with those towels and I don’t know a single detailer who would recommend them to anyone for anything relating to car paint. I just detailed a FireTruck for Cal Fire and we ripped them apart for using them on the trucks.

Buy a quality towel, 70/30 blend like one from Autofiber or The Rag Company and then tell me Costco towels are quality đź‘Ť

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't know about the Costco version, but Kozak has been in business for some 96 years selling dry wash cloths. I've used them on and off for decades and they do work, but they're certainly not going to put auto detailers out of business. I'm not obsessive about vehicle appearance (think less than one car wash a year on average—oh the horror!). A decent alternative for someone in a hurry or in a garage on a rainy day.
Never heard of them I’ll have to check them out.

Thats a very good point and you’re correct. Some people could care less about the finish of their vehicle. But I assure you there is a reason us pros do the things we do 👍

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Rag Company makes some really good towels.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Why anyone would use a waterless wash product is a mystery. If you are washing your vehicle for its appearance, why would you use something that will inherently scratch the surface of the paint when you use it?

Sponsored

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is probably one of the best rated and used waterless washes. https://optimumcarcare.com/product/optimum-no-rinse-wash-shine1

I have personally used it for many years, on many many different vehicles. A gallon will last a LONG time as long as you follow the directions. The Rag company makes great microfibers, I use them for all my towel needs. The microfiber towels from costco are good for general purpose uses, not for use as a wax/sealant applicator or removal towel.

Also please please please do NOT use a California duster on your vehicle, that device will leave micro marring on the clear coat. If your vehicle is dusty but not dirty, use a quick detailer with good lubrication properties and a microfiber cloth, flipping the cloth after each panel of the vehicle is wiped clean, and then changing the cloth for a new one once you run out of clean cloth sides.

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What about a car duster (California Car Wash Brush)? Is that an option between washes?
I use the one on my Lexus all the time for garage dust. Has’nt bothered paint at all. Won’t really remove road dirt and stuck on stuff.

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is probably one of the best rated and used waterless washes. https://optimumcarcare.com/product/optimum-no-rinse-wash-shine1

I have personally used it for many years, on many many different vehicles. A gallon will last a LONG time as long as you follow the directions. The Rag company makes great microfibers, I use them for all my towel needs. The microfiber towels from costco are good for general purpose uses, not for use as a wax/sealant applicator or removal towel.

Also please please please do NOT use a California duster on your vehicle, that device will leave micro marring on the clear coat. If your vehicle is dusty but not dirty, use a quick detailer with good lubrication properties and a microfiber cloth, flipping the cloth after each panel of the vehicle is wiped clean, and then changing the cloth for a new one once you run out of clean cloth sides.
This is the one to use. Won’t scratch when used properly.
Sponsored