• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 13, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 13, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Was anyone offered a different rim option when ordering?

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered early on, June 10th, and was never given options on my rims. Got an XLT Hybrid. The biggest reason I got an XLT was because of the God awful "rims" on the base model.
I just saw the 16 August video of the accessories that will be offered and nearly all the trucks have black rims. On most, especially the Cyber Orange which I bought, it looks great. When I look at my order sheet, tires and rims aren't even mentioned. I read in another post that Ford Delearships didn't even know how to add the black rim option early on. Is that true?
Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is no wheel option for the XLT build. Only for Lariay and 4wd builds.

I think the XLT wheels are sharp. Hate all the Lariay choices which is largely what kept me to XLT.

Those wheels are gunmetal grey.

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
There is no wheel option for the XLT build. Only for Lariay and 4wd builds.

I think the XLT wheels are sharp. Hate all the Lariay choices which is largely what kept me to XLT.

Those wheels are gunmetal grey.
I really liked the XLT wheels and went with XLT Lux. Same for interior colors. However I want all the bells and whistles so I upgraded to Lariat Lux.

I do not like the wheels Lariat comes with but aftermarket has tons of choices. Since I don't have to upgrade the sound with the Lariat Lux I will have some budget to upgrade the wheels down the road instead.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really liked the XLT wheels and went with XLT Lux. Same for interior colors. However I want all the bells and whistles so I upgraded to Lariat Lux.

I do not like the wheels Lariat comes with but aftermarket has tons of choices. Since I don't have to upgrade the sound with the Lariat Lux I will have some budget to upgrade the wheels down the road instead.
living in New England, I have to buy winter wheels and tires anyway. Don't want to buy two sets of wheels just to ditch the machined Lariat wheels.
Have to say that I was hesitant about the blue/brown interior too, even though I much prefer pleather over cloth.

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
living in New England, I have to buy winter wheels and tires anyway. Don't want to buy two sets of wheels just to ditch the machined Lariat wheels.
Have to say that I was hesitant about the blue/brown interior too, even though I much prefer pleather over cloth.
Lucky for me I don't have to get snow tires in the PNW. If we get snow everything is pretty much shut down. I could actually get around on my Focus fairly well so I bet the Mav would be better since higher ride height.

Yeah I actually like the blue gray orange xlt combo more than strange brown/blue and bronze interior. My Mav is Alto Blue so it should look okay with brown. My concern with the cloth is keeping it clean. The pleather in my Focus is very easy to clean.

My car is almost 8 years old and it looks new without any damage. Only damage I have is center armrest is cracked cause I love resting my right hand on it.
Sponsored