Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There were alot of really good looking models. The wagon and the fastbacks were sweet cruisers but for racing a nice 2dr coupe/sedan with a square nose is just mean.
Sponsored

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When they developed it, I think they were counting on the $7.5K plugin discount, but government recently changed the rules and because this is assembled in Italy, it won't get any rebate. So at $10K more expensive, not feeling it, and it won't be available until sometime next year, but will be the faster one.

Below is the track pack GT trim with dubs, I am getting the 18" wheels as I want more cushion.

GT starts at $30K before destination, but options can add up quick. I splurged on the tech pack for the 360 camera and park sensors for example. A cheaper trim, probably FWD only, should be out later.
Serious alternative choice!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wanted a Maverick, but missed my chance to get one, and can't wait any longer as our truck was totalled by an uninsured reckless driver.

Ordered a 2023 Dodge Hornet (basically a cheapened Alfa Romeo Tonale with more horsepower and a whopping 300ftlbs of torque)! Taking delivery in December. Please post all your opinions, be they praise, congradulatory, envy, compliments, approval, absolutely anything at all, even applause and flattery are acceptable! ;)

Capture2.JPG

Capture4.JPG

I never buy new vehicles, but with the used market being crazy, this will be our first!
As long as you have no need for a pick-up, this looks like a wise choice. Well designed with many features both for comfort and performance. Nice to see the Dodge boys back in the competition. I believe this is the second coming of the Hornet name for Dodge, Hudson being the first and followed by AMC.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wanted a Maverick, but missed my chance to get one, and can't wait any longer as our truck was totalled by an uninsured reckless driver.

Ordered a 2023 Dodge Hornet (basically a cheapened Alfa Romeo Tonale with more horsepower and a whopping 300ftlbs of torque)! Taking delivery in December. Please post all your opinions, be they praise, congradulatory, envy, compliments, approval, absolutely anything at all, even applause and flattery are acceptable! ;)

Capture2.JPG

Capture4.JPG

I never buy new vehicles, but with the used market being crazy, this will be our first!
I feel your pain... That's exactly what happened to me. An uninsured driver slammed into the back of my WRX and totaled it. No harm to my wife or me but lost my car. My silver lining was getting more for my car than I paid. I also stumbled onto a Maverick someone backed out of. The Hornet looks pretty interesting. Better specs and price than the Alpha it's based on. Congrats on the choice!

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As long as you have no need for a pick-up, this looks like a wise choice. Well designed with many features both for comfort and performance. Nice to see the Dodge boys back in the competition. I believe this is the second coming of the Hornet name for Dodge, Hudson being the first and followed by AMC.
I'd prefer a Maverick Hybrid Lariat, but while I hear some people saying they were lucky and paid just MSRP, with the market the way it is the ones that are on dealers lots and not ordered, particularly in hybrid, usually have some kind of ADM or addendum or forced financing or some kind of profit markup.

In theory, hopefully no bait and switch, we negotiated MSRP on this with only a $150 documentation fee and no other fees or addons, hopefully just because most people hadn't even heard of this vehicle yet. *fingers crossed*

I'd like to have a bed, but this does have a 2K lb tow capacity, which is what I was expecting with the Maverick too, so I will throw a hitch and 4-pin harness on it. :)

Reactions: Dad

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When they developed it, I think they were counting on the $7.5K plugin discount, but government recently changed the rules and because this is assembled in Italy, it won't get any rebate. So at $10K more expensive, not feeling it, and it won't be available until sometime next year, but will be the faster one.

Below is the track pack GT trim with dubs, I am getting the 18" wheels as I want more cushion.

GT starts at $30K before destination, but options can add up quick. I splurged on the tech pack for the 360 camera and park sensors for example. A cheaper trim, probably FWD only, should be out later.
It's a moving target on the rebates unfortunately... and most vehicles don't qualify for it. Are the 18's more cushion? they for sure look nice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a moving target on the rebates unfortunately... and most vehicles don't qualify for it. Are the 18's more cushion? they for sure look nice.
The more sidewall, in theory the softer the ride. Standard are 17" wheels, blacktop is 18" wheels, and then the trackpack pictured are 20" wheels with rubber band tires.

Personally, I'd prefer the 17" but they are in silver rather than black, and I think it looks better blacked out even though a lot of people think blacked out wheels are played out, I still like em.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The more sidewall, in theory the softer the ride. Standard are 17" wheels, blacktop is 18" wheels, and then the trackpack pictured are 20" wheels with rubber band tires.

Personally, I'd prefer the 17" but they are in silver rather than black, and I think it looks better blacked out even though a lot of people think blacked out wheels are played out, I still like em.
oh you went from 20 to 18.... i thought you were expecting a softer ride going from 17 to 18. Carry on.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Capture2.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Nice! What color? Does it have any underseat storage?:sneaky: seriously, I'm glad you are ok.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think it's a really cool looking vehicle, and I'm strangely excited to see Dodge entering the "performance electric" market... But I just can't bring myself to trust anything designed / built by Alfa Romeo. Their historical reliability record is abysmal. I sincerely hope they've turned it around, but I'll be watching from the sidelines for a while...

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just can't bring myself to trust anything designed / built by Alfa Romeo. Their historical reliability record is abysmal. I sincerely hope they've turned it around, but I'll be watching from the sidelines for a while...
I don't see how they can be worse than Dodge

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So some people are saying the ZF9HP is a gargabe-tier transmission... hmmm, anyone have recent experience? I know many years back people were having problems with rough shifts.
Can you get any orange highlights?
I'll ask my stylist.
Sponsored