2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got a call from them just a bit ago and was thinking about the same thing. My Chapman rollover might not happen now so I was looking for a backup dealer.

Did they offer you any better priority for being a rollover? Also any deposit required?

Thanks

OP
OP
GTBuzz

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
500 deposit back when I placed my original 22 order.

Yes I got higher priority for being a rollover, not sure what they do for someone coming from another dealer. You'll have to ask them.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

500 deposit back when I placed my original 22 order.

Yes I got higher priority for being a rollover, not sure what they do for someone coming from another dealer. You'll have to ask them.
Gotcha. I thought you were rolled over and switched dealers to them.

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anyone is looking for a last minute dealer to buy from in the south, I recommend Walterbor Ford in SC. Gotta give a shoutout to the good ones, and no I dont work for them, I'm a customer.

They charge Invoice only and Zero fees. No doc fees, nothing.

I didn't get my 22 Maverick built so am rolling over. I placed my Hybrid order close to order cutoff, so im not surprised about that.

But we did order a 22 Mustang through them recently. At closing, it was invoice price and a $25 dollar temp tag fee. That was it and saved us about 4k from MSRP and fees others would charge. Im out of state so tax was up to me to pay. No pressure to add or buy anything additional.
Thank you for sharing-That's awesome.
I just reached out to them.

I have no earthly idea where Walterboro SC is, but I certainly hope I am lucky enough to find out when my order gets fulfilled!

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I spoke to Mark over there just a few minutes ago. I was going to put the order in, but he said realistically I was looking at over a year wait at this point so I told him I would pass.

Also, the invoice price is based on when you get the VIN so if the price increases between now and then, you are not protected. That could be another $1000 or more down the road FYI.

MrMojoRising

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Speed Huffy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I spoke to Mark over there just a few minutes ago. I was going to put the order in, but he said realistically I was looking at over a year wait at this point so I told him I would pass.

Also, the invoice price is based on when you get the VIN so if the price increases between now and then, you are not protected. That could be another $1000 or more down the road FYI.

I ordered through Ravenel Ford which isn't terribly far from Walterboro. $500 deposit, $369 in admin fees or something to that effect on top of the invoice. Dave said that they currently have about 14 total orders for the '23 Mav, so you may want to call over there and see what he says.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered through Ravenel Ford which isn't terribly far from Walterboro. $500 deposit, $369 in admin fees or something to that effect on top of the invoice. Dave said that they currently have about 14 total orders for the '23 Mav, so you may want to call over there and see what he says.
Thanks. May reach out as a backup. I'm going to try my local dealer for X-Plan and a $100 deposit.

OP
OP
GTBuzz

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

That's cool.

He must be giving worst case scenario guess. If you order a 23, I would think it would be built in same time manner as anywhere. Just comes down to allocation and constraints. He nor anyone but Ford controls when it gets built and no one knows when.

I am not in hurry for my Maverick, would take it yesterday of course. But I want the best deal and decent dealer relatively close by. I am unwilling to pay an additional 2k or more when no one can gaurentee if I get one built and when.

Our Mustang's price increased as all models did between when we ordered and recieved and it was price protected.

Last edited:

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's cool.

He must be giving worst case scenario guess. If you order a 23, I would think it would be built in same time manner as anywhere. Just comes down to allocation and constraints. He nor anyone but Ford controls when it gets built and no one knows when.

I am not in hurry for my Maverick, would take it yesterday of course. But I want the best deal and decent dealer relatively close by. I am unwilling to pay an additional 2k or more when no one can gaurentee if I get one built and when.

Our Mustang's price increased as all models did between when we ordered and recieved and it was price protected.
He must've just gotten a ton of orders in. My local dealer will end up being about the same and with only a $100 deposit. I have a 22 scheduled to be built soon anyways so it will hold me over until then I suppose.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GTBuzz

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds nice, good luck on your local dealer.

Just trying to put a word out for good dealers that don't screw their customers since we see so many posts about the bad ones here.

jmcarter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW ID.4. Maverick (finally!)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my order in for a XLT Hybrid yesterday at J.C.Lewis Ford in Hinesville GA. Much to my surprise they have an available XLT EB available, lots of add like wheels, lowered, etc but if you just gotta have one right now there you go. Ask for Chad, great guy.

OP
OP
GTBuzz

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my order in for a XLT Hybrid yesterday at J.C.Lewis Ford in Hinesville GA. Much to my surprise they have an available XLT EB available, lots of add like wheels, lowered, etc but if you just gotta have one right now there you go. Ask for Chad, great guy.
Was it the Ecoboost in my profile pic? Lowered, new wheels. I took this pic at JC Lewis in Savannah when we went looking for Mustang accessories. Maybe they move it around.

Edit to add full pic

Ford Maverick Ford contact 20220907_135647

Last edited:

jmcarter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW ID.4. Maverick (finally!)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, same truck. It was in their Savannah store for 8 days and they moved it to Hinesville. 12K in options hasn’t worked out so far but sure somebody will bite. Sure as heck would pay for options before I’d pay for crazy markups in other parts of the country.
Sponsored