First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I'm waiting on a Hybrid XLT with no options other than the hitch. Ordered 10/5. My current vehicle is a 2018 Tacoma with 72k miles and counting. I planned to keep it until my Maverick arrived, but I'm wondering if I should go ahead and sell now to maximize profit, and buy a beater to drive for the next few months. Is anybody else in a similar boat? Any advice? Thanks!
Sponsored

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
I ordered mine June 9th under the impression I would be driving it in the fall of 2021 (That was the Ford advertisement) I sold my Hybrid Corolla commuter in July thinking I could just drive my F150 till Fall..... Well here I am, driving my 11 mpg F150 still.... My advise, don't sell

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do not sell; the process has clearly taken longer than expected and you may be out a vehicle for longer than you think. Plus, you may also have to shell out for the beater, so there go your savings on the increased sale price of the taco.

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am waiting on my XLT Maverick (in production) . I have a 2018 civic sport I’m trading in with low miles. I am waiting until the truck is done to do this. Especially with a civic and gas prices so high. It will only go up in value.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pacman

Pacman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks to everybody who replied--It was exactly what I needed to hear. Keep the Tacoma, keep it simple.

TMFord

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I'm waiting on a Hybrid XLT with no options other than the hitch. Ordered 10/5. My current vehicle is a 2018 Tacoma with 72k miles and counting. I planned to keep it until my Maverick arrived, but I'm wondering if I should go ahead and sell now to maximize profit, and buy a beater to drive for the next few months. Is anybody else in a similar boat? Any advice? Thanks!
Plug your VIN into Carvana, they are great to sell to. Chances are they will offer you stupid money for it, which may help your decision.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My take is that your Tacoma is worth as much as it is going to be. With issues with gas and inflation in general, full sized truck values are go drop quickly over the next few weeks and months.

No inside information, just the honest opinion of an old man whose been around awhile.

OP
OP
Pacman

Pacman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plug your VIN into Carvana, they are great to sell to. Chances are they will offer you stupid money for it, which may help your decision.
Good idea--I'll try that!

My take is that your Tacoma is worth as much as it is going to be. With issues with gas and inflation in general, full sized truck values are go drop quickly over the next few weeks and months.

No inside information, just the honest opinion of an old man whose been around awhile.
This is what I was thinking, and why I thought it might be smart to sell now, rather than later.

That's a fact. This is my 5th Tacoma. They have all been great vehicles.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tacoma had one of the best, if not the best, pickup truck resale value even before the market went insane...even if you don't get the crazy prices offered right now, you'll still come out okay.
Sponsored