First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve been thinking about making a carbon fiber (or maybe carbon kevlar) plate to protect this area actually…
Sponsored

OP
OP

Lucius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve been thinking about making a carbon fiber (or maybe carbon kevlar) plate to protect this area actually…
If someone did make something like what you're describing, I'd be interested in hopping on. Let me know if you come across something aftermarket. Especially if it could be taken off someday without messing up the existing paint.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If someone did make something like what you're describing, I'd be interested in hopping on. Let me know if you come across something aftermarket. Especially if it could be taken off someday without messing up the existing paint.
Sure thing.
In the op’s photo, the spray in liner stops 1/8”-1/4” below the top of the bed. I wonder how consistent this is. I’ll see if I can pull a mold from mine when I get it and start working on one. I’d prob locate some thin, strong 3m tape to attach it.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I think the answer is that for anyone that puts a tonneau on (as I am sure many will), that area will likely need to have a weather strip seal applied - that wouldn't be able to be done if there was the spray-in bedliner coating the area.
Understand, but if you are buying a truck without a tonneau cover on the order (factory or dealer installed) and the Lux Pkg comes with spray-in bedliner they shouldn't ASSUME I will put a tonneau cover on there.

Can you take it to a Line-X guy and have them spray it? Just asking.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury

Vitamin G

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I could see the weather stripping on the tonneau cover not getting a good seal if there's bedliner there.
Sponsored