First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is the record setting 1/4 mile video, also the final round, where my son broke out with a 13.56, taking 2nd.

The other is of the autocross portion of the event, he placed 4th in a field of AWD cars.

Also a picture of the truck doing some three wheel action on the autocross course.

Enjoy!

Ford Maverick Videos of Buschur's '22 Maverick, drag and autocross! IMG_7933
Sponsored

Last edited:

Adamwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 19 Honda Monkey, 2008 HD FXDC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is the record setting 1/4 mile video, also the final round, where my son broke out with a 13.56, taking 2nd.

The other is of the autocross portion of the event, he placed 4th in a field of AWD cars.

Enjoy!

Nice! He did way better than i used to do in my old miata!

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! He did way better than i used to do in my old miata!
He's a really good driver for as little seat time as he gets now-a-days. I bought him a kart when he was maybe 13 and we did some karting/competing. He's been super busy working the last few years and hasn't raced.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So that is with just the CAI and RaceChip? Or have you done the suspension as well? I will have time this weekend, hopefully, to get the strut stabilizer mocked up and probably welded. After that it is just grinding and painting. I am using 1" x.120 square tube and .120 mild steel so it should be strong enough. I thought about using aluminum but I think that it would take 2" square aluminum so the weight wouldn't balance the mass it would take up. I haven't put a strain gauge between the struts but I would bet we are getting 0.3 to 0.5 deflection between the strut mounts left to right. On a unibody that makes the welds start popping along the seams. I think by putting a stabilizer between the struts it may increase the lateral stability and possibly keep that rear tire in contact with the pavement a bit longer.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The truck has our full bolt ons on it. Our 3" intake, our front mount intercooler, our cutback and our Pro vented catch can along with a custom Buschur tune from 5Star, 93 octane.

So that is with just the CAI and RaceChip? Or have you done the suspension as well? I will have time this weekend, hopefully, to get the strut stabilizer mocked up and probably welded. After that it is just grinding and painting. I am using 1" x.120 square tube and .120 mild steel so it should be strong enough. I thought about using aluminum but I think that it would take 2" square aluminum so the weight wouldn't balance the mass it would take up. I haven't put a strain gauge between the struts but I would bet we are getting 0.3 to 0.5 deflection between the strut mounts left to right. On a unibody that makes the welds start popping along the seams. I think by putting a stabilizer between the struts it may increase the lateral stability and possibly keep that rear tire in contact with the pavement a bit longer.

Sponsored

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What tires are you using for drag racing and the autocross?

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The truck has our full bolt ons on it. Our 3" intake, our front mount intercooler, our cutback and our Pro vented catch can along with a custom Buschur tune from 5Star, 93 octane.
Thanks for the pictures of your truck you put on your webpage. Now I know there Isn't an easy way to put a push bumper or winch on the front of that truck. I will need to make a bumper and find a way to mount it into the faux frame. I have been resisting taking the bumper apart to figure it out. But the pic is clear enough to tell me to not waste the time and just start getting an idea of where I can secure some square tube through the main and chassis core support.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Factory tires/wheel/suspension.
Those Pirellis are better than I expected as road tires. And of course the fx4 wheels are hands down the best looking wheels available. 😁

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like there are two people in the truck for the autocross. Is that required, or would one less person drop some weight and maybe shave a few tenths off of your time??

Sponsored

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have a strut tower brace of some sort installed? Maybe I missed it. I was considering the Steeda model, but I'm trying to be careful of "too many upgrades" LOL.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Those Pirellis are better than I expected as road tires. And of course the fx4 wheels are hands down the best looking wheels available. 😁
X 10!
They also do really well in loose dry sand.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided

Also a picture of the truck doing some three wheel action on the autocross course.

Enjoy!

IMG_7933.jpg
Really cool, thanks for sharing!
I ordered mine to replace a high milage C-Max, thanks to uncle Joe the C-Max remains and Maverick gets only weekend use. Ya'll have one sweet, quick, bolt-on ute!
I wonder when we will see one on a rally circuit?

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

kid's got some skills!! nice upload.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks like there are two people in the truck for the autocross. Is that required, or would one less person drop some weight and maybe shave a few tenths off of your time??
It's not required, just fun. Yes of course deleting a person will help especially on faster courses that have more braking and acceleration. I'm not sure what class this was in but an easy thing to do would be a rear swaybar upgrade.

I used to autocross for fun. The people that win national championships have vehicles that are optimal for their class, but it's fun to show up to local events with whatever you've got. And yes - definitely some smooth driving by Buschur. If you're lucky enough to have local Rallycross events, the Maverick should be fun in that also.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.