Sponsored

Video install Keyfob Remote Start Perimeter Plus Security System for 2020+ Escape Maverick and Bronco Sport

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't remember for sure but I'm fairly certain I did not disconnect the battery there's no bare wiring involved in the install so just keeping the truck off worked fine for me.

Still trying to source down my reception distance issue with the keyfob. Remote start is useless if I'm less than 20 paces before it sees the signal - added the optional Extended Antenna accessory, no luck
Sponsored

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I made a video on how to install the Perimeter Plus System on the 2020+ Escape it eould be the same for the bronco sport and maverick, here is the link:
Anyone who is on the fence about install can be relieved that the install takes roughly 5 to 15 minutes, you DO NOT need Forscan or IDS to enable anything on the 2020 or newer escape, bronco sport or Maverick as we already have remote start enabled due to the Fordpass app. The unit can be purchased anywhere from $130 to $200 from ford, part number is KN1Z-19A361-A. I decided to install this because I have bad cell signal in my area and want a reliable remote start that does not require cell service and it is nice having it on the fob. The added bonus is it gives you a perimeter alarm with motion sensing as well. I hope this helps someone as I could not find much info about it online. I purchased mine through a ford dealer on ebay for $170 after tax. This also can be added just for the alarm, just leave the jumper off if you have remote start already on the fob. I have listed the install manual. It shows explorer but it shows how for all the other models as well.
Thank you so much!

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I literally just picked up mine from the dealer yesterday, paid 215 and used all my ford points from the Mav purchase. Installing now, thanks much for this!

I just got under here and found the techs just double mounted one side of my OBD port, supposedly because they couldn't get a ratchet lol...

Also I've got a nz6t-14f642-ae Smart Link and Spireon GPS, which I'm going to plug the Perimeter System into, as my OBD is directly connected.

Zipped up, remote start works but even at full sensitivity and rereading and retrying the security enable mode (it's enabled) I can't get it to react with either chirp or alarm. Bought for the remote start but would like the main alarm function working lol, not sure if I messed anything up beyond not mounting the VSS to the firewall for direct vibration transfer??
20220527_170127.jpg
20220527_163224.jpg
20220527_162910.jpg
20220527_162623.jpg
20220527_161752.jpg
How accurate was the video to the Maverick?

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I literally just picked up mine from the dealer yesterday, paid 215 and used all my ford points from the Mav purchase. Installing now, thanks much for this!

I just got under here and found the techs just double mounted one side of my OBD port, supposedly because they couldn't get a ratchet lol...

Also I've got a nz6t-14f642-ae Smart Link and Spireon GPS, which I'm going to plug the Perimeter System into, as my OBD is directly connected.

Zipped up, remote start works but even at full sensitivity and rereading and retrying the security enable mode (it's enabled) I can't get it to react with either chirp or alarm. Bought for the remote start but would like the main alarm function working lol, not sure if I messed anything up beyond not mounting the VSS to the firewall for direct vibration transfer??
20220527_170127.jpg
20220527_163224.jpg
20220527_162910.jpg
20220527_162623.jpg
20220527_161752.jpg

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haven't watched that video so just skimmed through right now. It's pretty much 1:1, plug in the OBD and then mount it somewhere, that's pretty much it.

Sponsored

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Haven't watched that video so just skimmed through right now. It's pretty much 1:1, plug in the OBD and then mount it somewhere, that's pretty much it.
Thanks for the feedback!

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't remember for sure but I'm fairly certain I did not disconnect the battery there's no bare wiring involved in the install so just keeping the truck off worked fine for me.

Still trying to source down my reception distance issue with the keyfob. Remote start is useless if I'm less than 20 paces before it sees the signal - added the optional Extended Antenna accessory, no luck
After reading lots of posts about short ranged keyfobs and my own experience, it seems to me this is the designed range for the fob. No more than 30 meters / 100 feet for me.

By the way, I might be misremembering but isn't the long range antenna only conpatible with the specific long range fobs such as these?

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After reading lots of posts about short ranged keyfobs and my own experience, it seems to me this is the designed range for the fob. No more than 30 meters / 100 feet for me.

By the way, I might be misremembering but isn't the long range antenna only conpatible with the specific long range fobs such as these?
Yeah that's what I've figured out - initial documentation makes it sound like it extends the factory range but it's specific to the factory range of the Remote Start antenna.

Really still pretty disappointed in the standard keyfob range - had some others here tell me theirs works at greater than 100ft - mine is consistently less than 50feet.

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Ford has this "Remote Start System Ultra-Long Range Extender Antenna Kit" (Part No: JS7Z15603A) for 35 bucks...I wonder if this will help with the distance???

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...Src=6974806687935&nosto=cartpage-nosto-1-copy

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has this "Remote Start System Ultra-Long Range Extender Antenna Kit" (Part No: JS7Z15603A) for 35 bucks...I wonder if this will help with the distance???

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...Src=6974806687935&nosto=cartpage-nosto-1-copy
Unfortunately not, I mentioned I added that to no discernable effect. Further research leads me to believe this antenna is specific to the single key Remote Start fob and does not interface with the oem keyfob that comes with the vehicle

Sponsored

Jrplaw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm trying to disconnect the obd port by pushing down on the plastic tab to connect the module, but it isn't disconnecting. I don't want to yank on it to hard because I don't want to pull out any wires. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

maggy55

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm also have trouble figuring out how to unplug the cable from the back of the OBD port. It doesn't look to me like it plugs in there. Do I have to follow the cable to where it plugs in elsewhere?

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's keyed. Put a flash light on the back of the ODB port and you can see the original black cable going into it. I didn't disconnect from the battery. Works just fine.

maggy55

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Okay , I finally got it installed. I don't know about other models, but on the hybrid I found it a little different. There is no plug in on the back of the OBD port. Follow the cable form the back of the OBD to the next plugin .You will probably need to cut the zip tie holding several cables together. Unplug the cable there. That port will also look like an OBD port. Turn it around to the backside and you will see a cable with a tab that plugs into it. Release that cable and that is where the security cable plus in, between that plug and where you just unplugged. Now just put everything back together. it's a PITA , but doable. The remote start worked with the fob and the basic alarm worked without doing anything. To activate the sensors see below...
Ford Maverick Video install Keyfob Remote Start Perimeter Plus Security System for 2020+ Escape Maverick and Bronco Sport VSS

Everything works as it should, but the security display on the cluster display doesn't show. Maybe you need to do something in Forscan to get it to show up. Hope this helps someone

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay , I finally got it installed. I don't know about other models, but on the hybrid I found it a little different. There is no plug in on the back of the OBD port. Follow the cable form the back of the OBD to the next plugin .You will probably need to cut the zip tie holding several cables together. Unplug the cable there. That port will also look like an OBD port. Turn it around to the backside and you will see a cable with a tab that plugs into it. Release that cable and that is where the security cable plus in, between that plug and where you just unplugged. Now just put everything back together. it's a PITA , but doable. The remote start worked with the fob and the basic alarm worked without doing anything. To activate the sensors see below...
VSS.jpg

Everything works as it should, but the security display on the cluster display doesn't show. Maybe you need to do something in Forscan to get it to show up. Hope this helps someone
Hmm. On my 2022 Lariat Lux Hybrid I plugged the harness directly into the back of the OBD2 port.

That Screen will not show on the cluster, I enabled it with Forscan, but it is useless. It is for a vehicle with Interior Sensors, which the Maverick Does Not have, so you can disable them but leave the rest of the Perimeter Alarm activated. I edited my post with the pic of the Alarm screen.
Ford Maverick Video install Keyfob Remote Start Perimeter Plus Security System for 2020+ Escape Maverick and Bronco Sport PXL_20230403_004348407
Sponsored

Last edited: