First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great real review, love this types of reviews! Thankfully, I won't have to deal with snow like that unless I choose to drive up into the mountains or up North in AZ!

OP
OP
petertuna

petertuna

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT, F-150, RDX
Great real review, love this types of reviews! Thankfully, I won't have to deal with snow like that unless I choose to drive up into the mountains or up North in AZ!
Yeah, a hybrid like this in warm climates is optimal!

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
How true. "The problem is not going fast. It is stopping". Yep, that's what gets a lot of 4WD and AWD folks in trouble. As this shows, FWD is fine in snow as long as there is good tread on the tires. Not sure if these tries were the Continentals or the Michelins but I would still replace either (sell them) with some 3MPSF tires if living in snow country, if not full snow tires.

OP
OP
petertuna

petertuna

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT, F-150, RDX
How true. "The problem is not going fast. It is stopping". Yep, that's what gets a lot of 4WD and AWD folks in trouble. As this shows, FWD is fine in snow as long as there is good tread on the tires. Not sure if these tries were the Continentals or the Michelins but I would still replace either (sell them) with some 3MPSF tires if living in snow country, if not full snow tires.
Absolutely. These are the continentals. We don't get too much snow here compared to some of the places closer to the lakes and further north, so the typical road conditions for snow will be similar to this. For the big once a year snowstorm, I'm prepared with the Acura RDX SH-AWD with Blizzaks.

Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Absolutely. These are the continentals. We don't get too much snow here compared to some of the places closer to the lakes and further north, so the typical road conditions for snow will be similar to this. For the big once a year snowstorm, I'm prepared with the Acura RDX SH-AWD with Blizzaks.
I remember driving in the 80s near Lake Erie in the winter in a 1986 Toyota pickup (before Tacomas, etc) with only RWD. I think I did put snow tires on it if I remember properly and never had a problem, but also wasn’t stupid how I drove. Yeah, there were spinning wheels at times, but a lightweight RWD truck can be fun to drive!!

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who would buy the Continentals? There's going to be a boat load of them on line for sale .. I will have 4 to sell in a few weeks

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
<Yawn>

Sloozie

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Many years of brands of tires I've had,I'd never liked continental tire unless u live in raining climates, that's all good for period.. it don't give milage wise and or emergency testing.. I'll stick with Cooper brand AT tires. I had lasted me more than 50,000 miles as maintenance required and it's done all the road testing as it does all seasons.. and it's made in USA for our roads...I have them for my Maverick and it feels alot better in all conditions.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My maverick came with the Faulken Wildpeak AT3W tires and it is great in bad weather. I live in Maine had a dew storms more ice than snow and the maverick handles it like it's not there. We haven't had a 3 ft snow storm yet but I have driven it off into an unplowed field and had no problems drove right through it even stopped and tried different modes to see what did the best. For crawling with no slippage was mud and ruts. For just playing and sliding around ( on purpose) was normal with TC off 😁. I will say this field is normally used for mud runs during the spring/summer so the owner doesn't mind people driving though with vehicles or snowmobile/atvs

Sponsored

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Many years of brands of tires I've had,I'd never liked continental tire unless u live in raining climates, that's all good for period.. it don't give milage wise and or emergency testing.. I'll stick with Cooper brand AT tires. I had lasted me more than 50,000 miles as maintenance required and it's done all the road testing as it does all seasons.. and it's made in USA for our roads...I have them for my Maverick and it feels alot better in all conditions.
I also have had very good service from Cooper Tires.... still made in the USA -but just recently purchased by Goodyear if memory serves me. I hope they don’t screw the brand up. ✔🇺🇸

denndemon

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 2014 Chev Equinox LT
I remember driving in the 80s near Lake Erie in the winter in a 1986 Toyota pickup (before Tacomas, etc) with only RWD. I think I did put snow tires on it if I remember properly and never had a problem, but also wasn’t stupid how I drove. Yeah, there were spinning wheels at times, but a lightweight RWD truck can be fun to drive!!
I had an '86 Toyota Xtra cab RWD and loved it!

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I got my first chance today to see what she could do in the snow (AWD 2.0 XL)…. Drove through a fresh foot of (wet) snow in normal mode, got stuck, switched into slippery and worked itself out of being stuck without much issue and was able to trudge all the way through…. I’m pretty impressed! (Not even snow tires, just 3 peak all seasons)

(I just realized I posted in a hybrid thread, but w/e 😂)

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here in the northern Peoples Republic of Illinois it's not unusual to get some snows 8"+ where I have to use my chains on my fwd Buick. Give us another review when it gets deeper! Thanks!
Sponsored