First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
looks like they got their target audience working on it. Maybe @Cubsfan24 got unluckily and had a tiny person working this station.
1DCB577B-8891-44FC-BECF-08416301EB06.jpeg
Well if my Maverick has a bad seal in it I'll think of this picture! 🤔 😆 🤣
Sponsored

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Been thru the Mercedes, Audi, York Harley Plant, and Porsche Plant 3 times...and always get a kick out of people who popo use of Bondo, but in reality even the highest quality manufacturing clean up the rough edges with something similar to Bondo. Manual assembly of the Maverick had way more manual efforts than I'd expect. The Mercedes plant is 100% robotic except the dash board installation...the only thing humans did was manually keep parts installed in bins.

Regarding why build in Mexico...as mentioned above big part of it is Mexico does not allow vehicles to be sold in their country without heavy tariffs (15-20%) unless the manufacture (Ford) has plants in their country, plus Ford and Mazda joint ventured the plant in Mexico for the Ranger back in the 1990's and were building 80,000 Rangers, etc back in later 1990's. Plus real estate and employer taxes are far less for employers.
Great point, something I had not considered.....

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I figure they showed a hybrid being built just to prove to us they do exist.

Last edited:

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did not know that the Maverick and Bronco Sport were built on a mixed line like that. I just assumed it was one, then the other. All one type for X amount of vehicles, and then a complete switch. By week, or by month. And maybe they don't actually mix them like it appeared in the video. But it sure appeared that way.

Thanks for posting the video!
It makes me wonder if the new Bronco is built as poorly as our new Maverick. I have had a few weeks to take a very close review of my new rig, it seems to be very flimsy. I would not take this on road at any time. It looks good for a 20k vehicle, but makes me question my decision at the 37k price.

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
Administrator, can you get us a video of the EcoBoost and the Hybrid engines being built?

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had a few weeks to take a very close review of my new rig, it seems to be very flimsy. I would not take this on road at any time.
Can you be more specific to what feels flimsy ?

Assuming you meant "off" road? Keep in mind, the Mav version of "off-road" is gravel/dirt roads, not "true" off-road, as it relates to trails and such.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It makes me wonder if the new Bronco is built as poorly as our new Maverick. I have had a few weeks to take a very close review of my new rig, it seems to be very flimsy. I would not take this on road at any time. It looks good for a 20k vehicle, but makes me question my decision at the 37k price.
Just my observation...the Maverick will be a great kick-around vehicle for me...cheap cost to operate but with all the LUX options in a AWD it is too close ($37-$39,000) to the low-in BMW, Acura, Honda CR-V, Subaru. I was looking for a barebones vehicle, good mpg, well built and economical to operate and not afraid to scratch a door in the boonies. But I will spend a few buck to install some of the missing parts Ford left out to save money...like tail-gate shock, bed liner, insulation underneath the engine cover/hood. I'm glad Ford built a barebones truck that we can all piddle with....

Last edited:

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The platform for the Escape is the same and the Escape is built in the Louisville Plant. Why build the E-CVT transmission in the US , the engine in Spain and ship to Mexico?
Because some bean counter showed on a spreadsheet that would be cheaper to do it that way instead of having everything built in the US 🇺🇸 🙃 🙂 😅

PeteSJCA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Howdy, The video and pictures captions say P-HEV battery installation. The P in PHEV stands for Plug-In. Is this captioned wrong? I've ordered a Hybrid, and don't think it can be plugged in... Can someone clarify this for me. Thanks!

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People seem to be saying "employees look diligent and taking this seriously"

I'll remind you that you need to take this video with a grain of salt In that regard. This video was planned. They know they are being filmed, and I am sure certain things are being exaggerated by the workers. I can bet they slow/stop the line to get some of these shots too.
You should take some kind of assembly line factory tour. Henry Ford invented the concept...assembly lines are based on each employee is given XX number of seconds to perform a given task. There are often 100, 200 people in an assembly line and if one person screws up and does not get his 5 bolts installed & tighten in his/her allocated seconds, 100, 200 other people are out of sequence and the whole assembly line is down....from one that has worked in the field...It does not happen, or that person is quickly gone. Photo ops in an assembly line are not allowed if they delay a step in the process.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Howdy, The video and pictures captions say P-HEV battery installation. The P in PHEV stands for Plug-In. Is this captioned wrong? I've ordered a Hybrid, and don't think it can be plugged in... Can someone clarify this for me. Thanks!
Rest assured you can’t plug the Maverick in

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should take some kind of assembly line factory tour. Henry Ford invented the concept...assembly lines are based on each employee is given XX number of seconds to perform a given task. There are often 100, 200 people in an assembly line and if one person screws up and does not get his 5 bolts tighten 100, 200 other people are out of sequence and the whole assembly line is down....from one that has worked in the field...It does not happen, or that person is long gone. Photo ops in an assembly line are not allowed if they delay a step in the process.
Actually Henry Ford didn't invent the assembly line concept he just adapted the concept to building a car and proceed to kick ass with it!

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just my observation...the Maverick will be a great kick-around vehicle for me...cheap cost to operate but with all the LUX options, in a AWD it is too close to the low in BMW, Acura, Honda CR-V, Subaru. But I will spend a few buck to install some of the missing part Ford left out to save money...like tail-gate shock, insulating the engine cover/hood.
Still not getting flimsy from your Observation. I think all top trims are a rip off. I am buying for value and wish they could strip more off.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's on my 2024 Christmas list.....PHEV AWD Maverick! :love:
I am 100 percent sure it is coming, only 10 percent sure by 2024.
Sponsored