First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650r, Suzuki SX4, Buell blast 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not know that the Maverick and Bronco Sport were built on a mixed line like that. I just assumed it was one, then the other. All one type for X amount of vehicles, and then a complete switch. By week, or by month. And maybe they don't actually mix them like it appeared in the video. But it sure appeared that way.

Thanks for posting the video!
I was thinking the same thing

XLTLUXA51

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650r, Suzuki SX4, Buell blast 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems as if the spot where the Welding looks bad at the front of the bed on the drivers side is a something they paint on possibly to cover a weld

Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Very cool! Thanks for sharing

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Watching that just makes you think its amazing more things aren't wrong with the vehicle when you get it... These people are building a car on a moving conveyer built in a matter of hours... it takes me a week to build a lego set...

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It looks very heavily automated, and if so, why couldn't they build the plant here in the United States? The excuse is usually the "American labor rates are too high", but it doesn't seem super labor intensive, and with automation like that the jobs it creates would be decently high paying desirable ones to program and maintain that sophisticated equipment.
I was thinking just the other way. I was surprised by how much hands-on there was. I really expected more automation actually. Also recall the post from @Cubsfan24 about sealant in the truck bed? I think I spotted the workers in the video! 🤔😁

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And all the US plants weren't already built? They just as easily could have built the Bronco Sport and Maverick alongside the stablemate Escape in the Louisville plant, and likely would have if 15% tariffs had been in place. Just kind of sad that Honda and Hyundai have no problem building their smaller trucks in the US, and Cars.com actually gave the Ridgeline a more American-made index score than the F-150. Definitely one aspect I'm not happy about, jumping on the outsourcing bandwagon.

Did we ever figure out if there are any US made parts in the Maverick? I know the topic came up before, but it seems Ford didn't publish it anywhere at the time at least, so I'm guessing its very low.
I thought the percentage of US parts was put on the window sticker of each vehicle.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for posting this video and still photos. I've toured the Harley facorty in York, PA a few times and It's always amazing to me to see automation in action like this. I just think of all people involved to get that robot to do its thing precisely over and over. Accurately welding, bending, installing so quality products are made, and yet still have enough human interaction to give Maverick a personal touch. Very cool to see. Thanks again! 👍

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because this plant was already built? Not having a whole new assembly plant to establish is a pretty important factor when you're aiming to build your lineup's cheapest vehicle on a rapid development timescale.
Exactly …. Great point…..

DesertMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit HD, Subaru Forester
Yup. See Exhibit A

Ford Maverick Video: 2022 Ford Maverick Assembly & Production Line @ Factory  – Stamping, Paint, Final Assembly 👷🏼‍♂️ {filename}
Seeing how old, worn and antiquated the US plant appears compared to the plant in Mexico I am very happy mine is being built in the shiny new, clean plant. The workers appear to be overly cautious and tenacious in checking every point of inspection as the vehicle is being built. I don't know if this would be the same in US considering how unhappy workers seem to be. Just my thoughts. I always buy American (United States) when possible if I see the quality is there; however I would not trade my Yamaha Grand Piano for anything built in the US. Oh yeah, there is most likely not a piano builder left in the US is there?
Sponsored