First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would love to see it, but it looks like the video is down?
Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because this plant was already built? Not having a whole new assembly plant to establish is a pretty important factor when you're aiming to build your lineup's cheapest vehicle on a rapid development timescale.
And all the US plants weren't already built? They just as easily could have built the Bronco Sport and Maverick alongside the stablemate Escape in the Louisville plant, and likely would have if 15% tariffs had been in place. Just kind of sad that Honda and Hyundai have no problem building their smaller trucks in the US, and Cars.com actually gave the Ridgeline a more American-made index score than the F-150. Definitely one aspect I'm not happy about, jumping on the outsourcing bandwagon.

Did we ever figure out if there are any US made parts in the Maverick? I know the topic came up before, but it seems Ford didn't publish it anywhere at the time at least, so I'm guessing its very low.

Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree, plant already exited. Also, making vehicles is more than labor costs. I am sure there are less regulations, taxes, etc outside the USA (not a political comment). The final product costs buyers less too. USA gave up lots of manufacturing years ago. Trying to get it back (if it can happen )takes time and lots of money.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No noise from the factory floor on the video but there where areas where the people where wearing hearing protection (ear plugs).

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI, 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seeing the Velocity Blue paint go on kinda makes me want to switch to Velocity Blue, but I'm sure I would say that about whatever color they featured. There's just something cool about seeing the body with just paint and no parts.

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not know that the Maverick and Bronco Sport were built on a mixed line like that. I just assumed it was one, then the other. All one type for X amount of vehicles, and then a complete switch. By week, or by month. And maybe they don't actually mix them like it appeared in the video. But it sure appeared that way.

Thanks for posting the video!
The Bronco and Ranger come down the same line mixed as well.
Sponsored