TacoHolder

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Trim
XLT
The fuse tap method has always been my go-to for dash cams, but I noticed that Ford's dash cam kit includes an ODB splitter and a PAC IGN-3 to hard wire using the ODB port. Could be a very clean install if you can get everything tucked away.
Advertisement

minitab

XLT
First Name
Sam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Trim
XLT
It just has the traditional plastic pop tabs. Just slowly tug on the edges and it comes right off. The only thing that took several minutes to accomplish was the reassembly . It popped on fine, but the rubber seal along the edge did take some finesse. I had to start at one end and work your way up/down to make sure the plastic side panel fit underneath the rubber door seal. I used my plastic orange tool to "flip" it back over on top one small inch at a time.
I would do another video showing this, but it did probably take about 15/20 minutes. I like where its at right now. lol
Thanks again, please keep the good work going. Have a great weekend!

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

XLT
First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Trim
XLT
The fuse tap method has always been my go-to for dash cams, but I noticed that the Ford's dash cam kit includes an ODB splitter and a PAC IGN-3 to hard wire using the ODB port. Could be a very clean install if you can get everything tucked away.
For sure. I saw the adapter that they used via Thinkware ( I believe is the manufacturer). Easy plug in access. I wanted to save that option in case I wire that up as well. I think I'll be getting that in the next few months.

TacoHolder

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Trim
XLT
For sure. I saw the adapter that they used via Thinkware ( I believe is the manufacturer). Easy plug in access. I wanted to save that option in case I wire that up as well. I think I'll be getting that in the next few months.
Yessir. That harness + adapter part is a Thinkware/Echomaster HWK-TW01

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

XLT
First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Trim
XLT
I'm looking to do option B but need a fuse with constant power to enable parking mode in a dashcam. I also plan on mounting behind the rear view mirror so this video is really helpful as it's halfway to what i'm looking to do.
You should still be able to use the Fuse Relay for constant power. Should just be a matter of find the correct Fuse relay to tap into.

Big Kahuna

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Trim
XLT
That little pop out through the firewall is golden - someone smart designed putting that there. Can't tell you how many cars over the years didn't have a good place to go through the firewall. I wire up my radios, subwoofers, ham radios, CBs etc myself and that will make it so much easier.

vezpa

XL
First Name
EMG
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Trim
XL
Hardwired radar detector next to a State Farm nanny box?
🤔

Last edited:

uh50

XL
First Name
Howard
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Trim
XL
Vehicle Showcase
It just has the traditional plastic pop tabs. Just slowly tug on the edges and it comes right off. The only thing that took several minutes to accomplish was the reassembly . It popped on fine, but the rubber seal along the edge did take some finesse. I had to start at one end and work your way up/down to make sure the plastic side panel fit underneath the rubber door seal. I used my plastic orange tool to "flip" it back over on top one small inch at a time.
I would do another video showing this, but it did probably take about 15/20 minutes. I like where its at right now. lol
Great info for adding accessory wiring. Thanks!

Decayed

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Trim
XLT
Advertisement

Advertisement