First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The reason I bought this Maverick is because I live in a Condo that has a small garage and have children on each coast and Indiana. I live in Cincinnati. I have had every configuration truck over the years but always found faults. They either were too big, (did not fit in my garage or not big enough, (original Ranger) gas hog or could not reasonably tow. I always want a truck that could haul stuff and people get good gas mileage and tow some. My 2024 2.0 AWD 4k tow package fits the bill perfectly. I just moved my son to Indiana and was really impressed with how this truck tows. I am guessing the trailer weighed between 3200 and 3500 pounds. I was very worried how this little truck would handle this big trailer but it did fine. I got 16.1 MPG pulling this trailer around 250 miles. The great thing about this truck is my very next tank I got 32mpg (highway trip) and (no trailer of course)

Some people say Ford quality is not good but I will tell you Ford knows how to tow a trailer. I do not care for the new refresh model so I am keeping this truck for a long time. Since Ford did not build that many first gen I am guessing their might be a cult following/demand for it in the future.

Ford Maverick Very impressed with my 2024 Maverick EcoBoost AWD 4K towing a trailer IMG_5628
Sponsored

Last edited:

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wouldn’t say they didn’t build that many first gen, we had 3 production years and I would guess maybe 300k units total?

OP
OP
Blitz-Hacker

Blitz-Hacker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn’t say they didn’t build that many first gen, we had 3 production years and I would guess maybe 300k units total?
Well when there are 250,000 Toyota Tacos sold each year I would say that ther is really only 1 (normal years) production of gen 1. It does not look like Gen 2 is going to knock it out of the park and starting price is now $30k. No thanks

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well when there are 250,000 Toyota Tacos sold each year I would say that ther is really only 1 (normal years) production of gen 1. It does not look like Gen 2 is going to knock it out of the park and starting price is now $30k. No thanks
You forgot 50% of them are hybrid, for 23, 24 years 20% approximately tremor package all have a max towing capacity at 2000lbs. So in 23 and 24 about 70% not eligible for the 4k tow package. In reality probably very few in the 3 years production are capable or equipped properly for towing 4000lbs.

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not to mention towing, can haul too. Think the rate haul load is 1.500#, in the bed. I haul 2 loads of garden dirt, and a load of river rocks for wife’s garden. Although short hauls, truck did well!

As for me unloading, wheelbarrowing dirt and rocks to new garden planters, didn’t do so well. Lotsa work! For 77 yo dude.

Sponsored

lm126027

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have a 2024 Lariat with the tow package on order. If it tows anywhere as good as my 2020 Escape Titanium (3500lb capacity) I will be happy. Tow a clamshell snowmobile trailer to two 4 stroke sleds from MA to northern ME or Canada several times a year. Looking to upgrade to a hybrid trailer so looking for the extra towing capacity. I get between 13 and 17 when towing... The lower is when I am on the interstates the longest (cruise set at 75 on the Maine Turnpike).

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great write-up. That's the beauty of this truck; it fits the needs of so many folks who don't need the inconvenient size and poor mileage of the big trucks while still accomplishing just about any task thrown at it. Very happy with mine (2022) and much prefer the original look over the 2025 refresh.

awd

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Engine
Undecided
The reason I bought this Maverick is because I live in a Condo that has a small garage and have children on each coast and Indiana. I live in Cincinnati. I have had every configuration truck over the years but always found faults. They either were too big, (did not fit in my garage or not big enough, (original Ranger) gas hog or could not reasonably tow. I always want a truck that could haul stuff and people get good gas mileage and tow some. My 2024 2.0 AWD 4k tow package fits the bill perfectly. I just moved my son to Indiana and was really impressed with how this truck tows. I am guessing the trailer weighed between 3200 and 3500 pounds. I was very worried how this little truck would handle this big trailer but it did fine. I got 16.1 MPG pulling this trailer around 250 miles. The great thing about this truck is my very next tank I got 32mpg (highway trip) and (no trailer of course)

Some people say Ford quality is not good but I will tell you Ford knows how to tow a trailer. I do not care for the new refresh model so I am keeping this truck for a long time. Since Ford did not build that many first gen I am guessing their might be a cult following/demand for it in the future.

IMG_5628.jpg
thank you for sharing your towing experience with an enclosed cargo trailer. is that a 6' (or 7') wide trailer, and how tall is the interior? at what speed(s) were you towing at?

OP
OP
Blitz-Hacker

Blitz-Hacker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
thank you for sharing your towing experience with an enclosed cargo trailer. is that a 6' (or 7') wide trailer, and how tall is the interior? at what speed(s) were you towing at?
It is a friends trailer that I borrowed. He said it was a 6'x12' and was 75" high. He said it weighed approx. 1800 lbs. empty. I drove 60 mph most of the time but found myself going 70 mph at some points to avoid getting run over by Semi trucks. It did not have electric brakes so If I ever bought that big of a trailer for this Maverick I would pay the extra $1000.00 for that option especially since we have the brake controller.

awd

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Engine
Undecided
It is a friends trailer that I borrowed. He said it was a 6'x12' and was 75" high. He said it weighed approx. 1800 lbs. empty. I drove 60 mph most of the time but found myself going 70 mph at some points to avoid getting run over by Semi trucks. It did not have electric brakes so If I ever bought that big of a trailer for this Maverick I would pay the extra $1000.00 for that option especially since we have the brake controller.
thank you for the details. i'm considering similar sized enclosed cargo trailers to go camping with. it seems if one drives a bit slower, at 50 mph, you'd probably get somewhere around 20+ mpg towing that size trailer, which isn't too bad (other than when being passed by everyone!).

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great write-up. That's the beauty of this truck; it fits the needs of so many folks who don't need the inconvenient size and poor mileage of the big trucks while still accomplishing just about any task thrown at it. Very happy with mine (2022) and much prefer the original look over the 2025 refresh.
I agree, Ford really hit a home run with the Maverick! Maverick has really fit my every need and I have yet met with a situation that it couldn't handle, of course I haven't tried towing a 50 foot boat or an Abrams Tank!! 😂

• Love
Reactions: Dad

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice!! I'm looking an 8 foot wide 21 foot long travel trailer. Empty weight is 3000lbs. Sounds promising and means I would be able to tow it without much a problem if I switch to an ecoboost Mav.
Sponsored