MaxMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT hybrid, 18 Volt, 07MX5 PRHT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been lurking for months here and have a 23 XLT luxury hybrid cactus gray on order from 9/16/22. The other day I saw a 22 XLT w/lux, cactus gray, listed at a dealer about 65 miles from here with 7K. I first saw it online about a week ago. It also has the hole in the roof I didn't really want but oh well and a soft rollup tonneau cover. It looked brand new and after test diving I inquired about the price. It was more than we were willing to pay and the trade they were offering was on the lean side for our 2015 VW Passat SEL TDI with 47K. Anyway they came down a bit on the price and up nearly 20% on the trade in so we bought it. We'll pick it up in a couple of weeks as we are very busy right now. I've ordered a set of winter tires and plan on getting splash guards and deep floor mats. It will also get waxoyl rust prevention treatment right after we get it.

The Passat has been a great car, almost 50MPG/800 miles per tank calculated but diesel is expensive now. It has never needed anything other than routine service. We just don't need 2 sedans any more thus the reason for getting the Mav that will be much handier for haul our bikes and stuff. We're looking forward to our new ride. Pictures to follow once we get it.
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad you worked a deal you like.

Reactions: Dad
OP
OP

MaxMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We would have waited if we had a build date, vin etc but with all the uncertainty about a shortage of chips, 22 pushbacks to 23 and canceled orders we felt we did OK and it was exactly the truck we wanted plus as a 22 it has a spray-in bed liner, side rails etc. We haven't canceled our 23 order and will see what kind of a deal they offer us for a trade in if or when the 23 arrives at the dealer. When we test drove it, the heated steering wheel /seats were great on a chilly NH day.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You made the right decision. The price was reasonable, it had everything you wanted (and then some . . .who knows, you may come to enjoy the sunroof), and it will be in your driveway in a few days. Many here would throw mama under the bus for that. Bottom line, enjoy your Maverick and safe motoring!

OP
OP

MaxMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thanks for the positive replies, Of course we would have like to payed less but we feel we got a reasonable deal considering the curent Mav sales enviroment.

Just a bit more perspective on our trade deal. In 2013 we bought a TDI(diesel) Passat SE and drove it 4 years and 40K miles, it was in good condition but needed tires and a $600 40K service. Then dieselgate happened and VW bought it back from us for $2k more than we paid for it. By then the 2015s that weren't able to be sold until "fixed" became available for purchase. We bought one, a SEL a nicer model, for $1.5K more than the amount we had from the buyback. So we drove it 5.5 years and 47K miles and got about 50% of the total we paid for both cars but drove 9+ years between the 2 of them, for the trade-in.

We also have a 2018 Chevy Volt that is mostly powered from our solar tracker array. It's pretty much 100% electric from March to October but the gas engine does come on at times when the ambient temp is <32F. We still get about 50 miles just on electricity in the winter( snow tires, denser cold air, slush and snow buildup around the wheels and using the heater all contribute to the decrease in range) and about 70 miles in the warmer months. So we still will have 2 vehicles that we can use for road trips with our new Mav.

we are looking forward to having the Mav soon.
Sponsored

Last edited: