Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good morning fellow Maverick owners,
I have a chance to purchase a 22 XLT FX 4 AWD luxury pkg with 2600 miles for about 33k which in is about 2k over sticker. I notced on the car fax a recall for the airbag curt1ain and gas tank inspection and I will have to find out if any repairs have been made. I guess what bothers me about this one is the low mileage and why someone traded it in. Hell KBB is saying is worth over 34k. Your thoughts?

I can still wait this out for a new one but what has me tempted is the trade they are willing to give me.
Sponsored

A Sturdy Beast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a chance to purchase a 22 XLT FX 4 AWD luxury pkg with 2600 miles for about 33k which in is about 2k over sticker. I notced on the car fax a recall for the airbag curt1ain and gas tank inspection and I will have to find out if any repairs have been made. I guess what bothers me about this one is the low mileage and why someone traded it in. Hell KBB is saying is worth over 34k. Your thoughts?

I can still wait this out for a new one but what has me tempted is the trade they are willing to give me.
I wouldn’t. It’s not just $2k over MSRP, it is $2,000 over the new vehicle price for a used vehicle.

As for why the original owner sold it, there are many possible reasons.

Maybe they had multiple orders and they are selling the extra one. Maybe it was their plan to take advantage of the short supply and do some profiteering. Maybe they are quite well off financially, and can very casually purchase new cars. Then after 2,600 miles decided, “Meh, not what I thought it would be.” Or maybe there is a defect with the vehicle. You would have the warranty. But depending on where you live, lemon laws probably don’t apply to used cars.

About the recalls, I would not be overly concerned. The airbag recall was a for a tiny defect that would likely make no difference at all in a crash. But of course you would want to get it repaired at your and the dealers earliest convenience.

OP
OP
Nomav

Nomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since the dealership are charging 5k over msrp this was the better deal especially the way it was optioned where as the others from the dealer were less optioned and higher ADM's plus they were giving close to 3k less for the trade. The math just worked better.
Hell, I figured later I could trade it for a new one considering the demand. I kinda wanted a hybrid but I could live with the Eco.

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those same recalls exist on every single Maverick spec'd the same way from this timeframe. You can't even get the airbag fixed right now anyway, not that it matters because thousands of people are still driving them. Kelly Blue Book is completely worthless.

A Sturdy Beast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since the dealership are charging 5k over msrp this was the better deal especially the way it was optioned where as the others from the dealer were less optioned and higher ADM's plus they were giving close to 3k less for the trade. The math just worked better.
Hell, I figured later I could trade it for a new one considering the demand. I kinda wanted a hybrid but I could live with the Eco.
Suit yourself. You asked for thoughts, and now you have mine. Whatever choice you make, I wish you happy Maverick motoring.

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You made right call. I have black 22 XLT FX4 EB with off-road, LUX, moon roof, dibl, hard roll up, etc and 4K miles on it. Carvana just offered me $35K for it and might take it since I have a Feb build date on my Lariat Hybrid. I have a Hybrid my wife drives and other vehicles to drive so I can wait.

Dude84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

No telling why someone traded it. A lot of people ended up buying whatever they could find on the lot as opposed to waiting, so in many cases they didn't get the options they wanted - maybe their order ended up coming after all or they found the Mav with the options they wanted (hybrid, lariat trim, different color, who knows). And while most people on these forums seem thrilled with their Mavericks, you see the occasional comment about people not liking the Maverick because it feels cheap. If you're ok with buying used for a little over MSRP, then I wouldn't necessarily be concerned with why it's available with low mileage.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First, check to see if the fuel tank recall has been done. Mine needed it, although I wasn't smelling fuel or seeing leaks. The screw that punctured the tank was also sealing it, but that could have changed over time. In any case, it's not a big deal to get done and, by now, the parts should be available for the dealer to do it before delivering it to you.

The airbag recall also isn't really a big deal. The affected airbags still deploy, just fractionally off the federal standard. Those parts are not yet generally available.

Personally, I would have a hard time paying over MSRP for a used vehicle. I bought mine new as a refused order at MSRP and those are still out there to find. It comes down to how soon you want to have a Maverick and what value you place on your time that would be spent searching for one.

OP
OP
Nomav

Nomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You made right call. I have black 22 XLT FX4 EB with off-road, LUX, moon roof, dibl, hard roll up, etc and 4K miles on it. Carvana just offered me $35K for it and might take it since I have a Feb build date on my Lariat Hybrid. I have a Hybrid my wife drives and other vehicles to drive so I can wait.
Since I drive mostly highway the EB would not be big deal but like others have mentioned if gas becomes an issue which it will in time the hybrid would be more beneficial. It's been really difficult to find the exact options/color I wanted until this one other than it not being a hybrid so we will see.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I think you are analyzing this correctly. 2600 miles is nothing when the factory 3yrs/36k bumper to bumper warranty and 5yrs/60k powertrain should both be transferable to new buyer AFAIK. If the Carfax doesn't show any accidents or damage reports it should be good to go. Does it actually have the spray in bedliner? If not, that recall note is a moot point.

As others mentioned there's lots of logical reasons for an owner to let go of it with the low miles. As far as the price- you mentioned a favorable trade that has to figure into your thinking and I wouldn't decide strictly by what MSRP was or what original owner paid OTD. This is your unique situation and if you do a quick pro vs. con comparison for YOUR situation and decide it's overall in your best interest at this point in time- go for it and don't look back! You WILL have options later for moving it along again if it doesn't work out for the long haul as Mavericks are going to have more demand than supply for the foreseeable future.

Good Luck!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nomav

Nomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly. Yes, it has the spray in bed liner. Is that bad? This is really a hard game to play right now with all these dealership markups I feel like with the difference in trade that's an easy decision to make for me.. Thanks!!!

Tee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Cyber Orange '22 Maverick Lariat Hybrid 1,860 miles on it with the Luxury package, tow package, 360 assist, spray in bed liner with tonneau cover, bed mat, tail gate dampener, raptor vinyl decals and tinted windows for sale for $42k if anyone is interested. I love it and will continue to drive it but I know the demand is high and would gladly let it go to someone else who really wants one now and can afford to buy it while making a few bucks on the side.
Sponsored