First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know what's the max mounting depth with spacer without hitting the door panel?

Noah.S

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just installed Focal RSE-165s (components) w/ 2.5” depth in the doors and didn’t have clearance issues. Haven’t gotten everything finished yet but will update when I do!

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just installed Focal RSE-165s (components) w/ 2.5” depth in the doors and didn’t have clearance issues. Haven’t gotten everything finished yet but will update when I do!
Did you install the tweeters in the dash, sailpanel, other? Seems the tweeter mounting can be as challenging as dealing with woofer depth. Thanks!

Noah.S

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you install the tweeters in the dash, sailpanel, other? Seems the tweeter mounting can be as challenging as dealing with woofer depth. Thanks!
Tweeters are “installed”, idk how well they’ll hold up but we’ll see. They’re more press fit than secured in there.

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tweeters are “installed”, idk how well they’ll hold up but we’ll see. They’re more press fit than secured in there.
Thanks. At least they fit (unlike the Morels). I would rather deal with adding material for a press-fit than attempt to shoehorn an oversized tweeter. Let us know you're impressions regarding the sound when you've got everything dialed in.

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4/LUX,60 Bug,ElementSC 5mt,Buell XB12X,BICYCLES!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
forgot to share: I stole the idea from a member here. I simply cut the stock speaker surround and basket with a razor knife(soft plastic) to harvest the mount. I am cheap and it fits perfectly. Even retained the stock plug by unsoldering the speaker. The Alpine S65c cleared everything with a woofer mounting depth of 2-5/16. Alpine 6.5 component
Ford Maverick Upgrading the XLT base audio system / door panel removal - finished with lots of pics. 9ECCEB51-3BB3-42E5-B431-AD8900D8AAE7

Noah.S

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. At least they fit (unlike the Morels). I would rather deal with adding material for a press-fit than attempt to shoehorn an oversized tweeter. Let us know you're impressions regarding the sound when you've got everything dialed in.
Not completely finished but it’s sounding great. I’m really impressed with the sound for the price. I snagged those Focal RSE165s on sale and open box for $121 off crutchfield.

. I didn’t think I’d want to add a sub but it needs to happen eventually. This was my first audio install, if anyone has any questions let me know!

River Plate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Hi guys.
I write to you from Argentina.
I have a Maverick XLT.
I recently purchased a Pioneer ts-wx130ea Subwoofer.
Could you help me about the power connection?
Can it be connected directly to the fuse 6?
I would like to avoid going to the battery.
Excuse me for my english.
Thank you very much for sharing such valuable information!

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi guys.
I have a Maverick XLT.
Fuse 24 would be more ideal. It's designed to supply 20A and not in use.

Sponsored

GotRed?

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 52 years old, so maybe it's just me... but after hearing about how crappie the stock XLT system is, I was astonished by how GOOD it is.

Radio is weak. But playing a good YouTube video through the system is more than sufficient for volume, bass, etc in my opinion.

Perhaps I don't understand what a real system is these days. All I know is... DAMN good enough for me!

Piterpi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi guys.
I have a Maverick XLT.
Para el remoto te conviene el fusible 6. No necesitás fusible de 20 amperes.
Por otra parte, creo que ese sub tiene auto power on...por lo que enciende con la señal de audio de los parlantes.
Yo le instalé un sub Nakamichi de 8". Me quedé con las ganas del Pioneer pero se me iba de presupuesto. Igual estoy conforme con lo que logré. También le puse componentes Alpine, pero sin amplificar. Eso es próximo paso, cuando consiga el arnés de conexión...

supersecretTB

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Update:

Anyone else who's installed having grounding trouble? I've had mine installed for months and just switched LOCs for a better one but now all of a sudden a crazy ground loop. I haven't had a chance to go check the wiring yet but looking for ideas others did.

Also, Since the beginning my right channel is coming from the head unit way lower than the left side. Anyone else noticed that?

Other Helpful Things I learned since my original reply months ago,

1. I used remote from one of the fuses under the glove box. Works perfectly. I think it was power windows I tapped with one of those fuse multi taps from Advance Auto Parts. It turns off when the key is off but stays on when auto stop start kicks in (Yes I'm one of the few that actually likes that feature, any drop of gas I can save lol)

2. The Ford Happy song eventually stopped playing all together only plays from the tinny little speaker behind the dash now.

Piterpi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update:

Anyone else who's installed having grounding trouble? I've had mine installed for months and just switched LOCs for a better one but now all of a sudden a crazy ground loop. I haven't had a chance to go check the wiring yet but looking for ideas others did.

Also, Since the beginning my right channel is coming from the head unit way lower than the left side. Anyone else noticed that?

Other Helpful Things I learned since my original reply months ago,

1. I used remote from one of the fuses under the glove box. Works perfectly. I think it was power windows I tapped with one of those fuse multi taps from Advance Auto Parts. It turns off when the key is off but stays on when auto stop start kicks in (Yes I'm one of the few that actually likes that feature, any drop of gas I can save lol)

2. The Ford Happy song eventually stopped playing all together only plays from the tinny little speaker behind the dash now.
How did you connected to ground?
I used one of the connector behind the rear seat and had no problem...
My amp have an auto power on/off function, so I didn't have to use any fuses.
"Ford happy song"??? What is that???
Sponsored