greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know the highest hp/tq application the Maverick’s transmission is used in? That’s always a good reference point for what is reasonable to assume.
Sponsored

Dr.Carvorkian

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know the highest hp/tq application the Maverick’s transmission is used in? That’s always a good reference point for what is reasonable to assume.
The 8-speed has only been around for a couple model years now, and is only used with the 2.0l ecoboom, as far as I'm aware. In our market, it's in the Escape, Bronco Sport, and Maverick, which are all rated at the same output. Stands to reason that if it were used in a higher-output application, they would likely opt for the trans found in the edge.

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everything is relative. Anyone who is tuned by 5Star with their 93 octane tune, puts out roughly 370TQ at the WHEELS. That is a peak number, obviously, but I have heard of no failures from a tuned Maverick yet. I've been tuned since 1000 miles. I have had no transmission issues. That's 19,000 miles with zero issues.

According to all the internet SME's, I should have blown up my trans many times over...

Joelrogue

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.” nah actually this is sick.

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it can handle 4k towing it should be fine

Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry, I forgot to mention this here, I did in my QuickRik build thread.: the fuel injectors are the same as the explorer/ranger, and the fuel pump is said to be better, running at 3600psi from the older versions at 3000psi!

For 93 I know it will be fine, Ethanol blends are somewhat up in the air, but I'm guessing E30 will be ok!

We shall see.

My numbers will be posted in the form of dragy runs, things like 0-60, 1/8th mile, and quarter mile.

So far my bests are 4.37 seconds for 0-60, 8.19 1/8th mile, and [email protected] quarter mile, all on E30.
Can the stock transmission handle the all of the added HP?

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can the stock transmission handle the all of the added HP?
The actually components in a transmission are much stronger than the assemblies rating. This piece is rated for this many blah blah blahs, on into thousands. The enemy of any auto trans is heat. If you can find a way to keep it cool the only way you can break it is by driving it like a maniac.

Do these dash computer readouts have a trans temp guage that can remain on all the time? If so you can just watch and play with driving technique and changing cooler capacities, and directing air places, even adding fans to the coolers. If you are going for power and speed and dont care about the warranty, you can just freely do whatever you like to make it how you like.

Sirjohn

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'78 Slab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to all the internet SME's, I should have blown up my trans many times over...
Well that all depends on how the trans is tuned, if in fact, it has the capability of having its parameters modified in the tune. Is torque reduction turned off or on, line pressure bumped up, those sorts of things all play into the how quickly things deteriorate.

The real SME's are those doing the tuning etc.... From what I've read the the Maverick spec'd trans is at the edge of it "designed" capabilities for torque handling. Of course that doesn't mean you cant beat on it for a while and have good luck, apparently you have and that's great.

KenJoe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick 4K Awd fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the fx4, 4k towing package with cold air intake, cat back straight pipe, 5 star tuned and I just got in my 2.3 turbo from eBay! My question, was it difficult to modify the oil lines and cooling lines for the turbo, should I just fork out another 200$ for the Corsair lines from eBay?

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the fx4, 4k towing package with cold air intake, cat back straight pipe, 5 star tuned and I just got in my 2.3 turbo from eBay! My question, was it difficult to modify the oil lines and cooling lines for the turbo, should I just fork out another 200$ for the Corsair lines from eBay?
No it's not difficult, but I would 100% buy the Corsair ones. They should fit Absolutely perfect, and you won't have to grind away on the flanges.

Sponsored

KenJoe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick 4K Awd fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to be the first person to say thank you for doing the hard work in figuring out the only turbo upgrade so far. I do have many other questions one is five star tuning, I use them, but it seems like they have not figured out the problems of shifting ( erratically ) when it comes to 93 or 94 turning( at low speeds) Five star tuning also told me they cannot do a tune for catalytic converter delete tune because of epa regulations.. How are the tunes working for you ? I currently run and 87 tune and it’s working fine but I had to go with Ford GT plugs. .

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have an answer about the erratic shifting, my old 91 tune, and E30 tunes did that to start but somewhat smoothed out. I don't think the tune would change too much from having a cat vs not having one. I run a 200cpi cat, just after the downpipe. If I'm at the track and testing it's open downpipe, and I've never had an issue either way.

And thanks for the thanks!

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh and what are the ford gt plugs? I run a 1 step colder plug in mine.

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Small update. Base E30 tune has netted a 13.02@107mph, full exhaust and full weight. More to come with revisions!

John

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another small update. Put in the base 93 octane tune. Full factory exhaust, full weight. Hits 18psi and holds it to redline. 13.19@103mph. Hopefully both revisions get here by the end of the week! I think I'll be in the 12.70 range full weight and exhaust on 93. That's my prediction.

John
Sponsored