FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Updated with post by @JVolpe showing that Retrax will be producing a tonneau cover:

Saw this update sent by Retrax customer service (same rep too) today:

Ford Maverick Update: Retrax Confirms Maverick Tonneau Cover Coming {filename}

Original response from Retrax:

Ford Maverick Update: Retrax Confirms Maverick Tonneau Cover Coming 7F5C64F4-B8A8-4912-9CED-46871BC71358
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone's guess on how many pesos/shekels this bad boy will run us?

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Anyone's guess on how many pesos/shekels this bad boy will run us?
Just looked at their web site and their price range was $1,397 to well over $2,000. Just for grins and giggles I looked at the Polycarbonate MX for a 2021 Ford Ranger w/5.1' bed, it was $1,379. The Polycarbonate PowerTraxone MX was $2,075. So one would hope the price would be lower since the bed is only 4.5'.

Note: I wasn't sure if I wanted a Polycarbonate cover or the Aluminum cover. So for pricing purposes I used the cheaper Polycarbonate.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Four and a half foot bed and a 11 inch canister that isn’t designed to be removed is not a great mix. Check out the Peragon cover, six inches is all it takes from the bed, or it can be removed in 30 seconds leaving you the entire bed. It collapses its six section downward into the bed so zero blocking of the rear window. $949 for the Ranger short bed, and no I haven’t asked about the Maverick, but we give them enough calls and they will. Stock cover is black and a quick two minute video at the top of their homepage demonstrating the cover opening, closing and removal.
https://www.peragon.com/
Ford Maverick Update: Retrax Confirms Maverick Tonneau Cover Coming 22F632E2-0E95-4B58-A4E1-27893B6A83E5

Last edited:

Sponsored

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Four and a half food bed and a 11 inch canister that isn’t designed to be removed is not a great mix. Check out the Peragon cover, six inches is all it takes from the bed, or it can be removed in 30 seconds leaving you the entire bed. It collapses its six section downward into the bed so zero blocking of the rear window. $949 for the Ranger short bed, and no I haven’t asked about the Maverick, but we give them enough calls and they will. Stock cover is black and a quick two minute video at the top of their homepage demonstrating the cover opening, closing and removal.
22F632E2-0E95-4B58-A4E1-27893B6A83E5.jpeg
I like this option. Just wish it had the T slot channel in it, they show it with the Ridgeline but I didn't notice it with the others. Would also be nice if you could have it partially open.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four and a half food bed and a 11 inch canister that isn’t designed to be removed is not a great mix. Check out the Peragon cover, six inches is all it takes from the bed, or it can be removed in 30 seconds leaving you the entire bed. It collapses its six section downward into the bed so zero blocking of the rear window. $949 for the Ranger short bed, and no I haven’t asked about the Maverick, but we give them enough calls and they will. Stock cover is black and a quick two minute video at the top of their homepage demonstrating the cover opening, closing and removal.
22F632E2-0E95-4B58-A4E1-27893B6A83E5.jpeg
I sent them an email earlier this week. As of today, they have NO plans to make one for the Maverick. I replied is that firm or is there a chance the decision would change? They replied: The decision is No cover for Maverick "BUT" if demand is high they COULD reconsider. So the door is closed for now but if everyone hollers, maybe they'll hear us and change their mind.

Not only does it eliminate the box as you noted, the price is below a thousand. I think it's like $949 for most vehicles. Can only hope it's less with the shorter bed.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the Peragon I don't think you'd be able to open it if you had something towards the front of the bed since now there's nowhere for the panels to fold down into.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the Peragon I don't think you'd be able to open it if you had something towards the front of the bed since now there's nowhere for the panels to fold down into.
But wouldn't that be for ALL trucks?

I'm not sure as I've not had one in any of my previous trucks. But with the Peragon cover, you open it by pushing the front panel (of the bed) down and as they go down in the front of the bed, the cover rolls towards the front. So my guess is you'd have to make sure you didn't put anything in the front 6" so the front panel could go down.

Just guessing though as you may be right and a reason why Peragon said they were NOT going to make one.

lgrif1201

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
im Not paying that much for a tonneau … I’d rather wait for Bak or Gater to come up with one … or even better -get it from Ford using the $200 Ford pass credits we’ll get

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
im Not paying that much for a tonneau … I’d rather wait for Bak or Gater to come up with one … or even better -get it from Ford using the $200 Ford pass credits we’ll get
The Soft Rollup of Ford was $5??, The Hard Rollup was $1,106 I think. By the time they add all of the Dealer taxes and tolls (costs) the Hard Rollup will cost as much as the $1,395 Retrax. Since it's out of state, no sales tax to have it shipped to the house. Only difference is you won't be blocking half of your back window with this huge roll of aluminum. It takes up maybe 6-10" of your truck bed. It's all about choices and how you plan on using YOUR truck. That's why I liked the Peragon, the standard cover runs around $949 I think. But since they won't be making one for the Maverick, I have to look for other options. Besides, I haven't paid anything for one yet.

rich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gmc canyon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went with the hard roll up, I don't mind if the back window is blocked half way i have a backup camera and side view mirrors,and no key needed to lock it.

Last edited:

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went with the hard roll up, I don't mind if the back window is blocked half way i have a backup camera and side view mirrors,and no key needed to lock it.
Shorter bed should make the total height of the roll up shorter.
Here is the current Ford Accessories hard roll up on a 5.5’ bed F150, hope it looks the same.
Ford Maverick Update: Retrax Confirms Maverick Tonneau Cover Coming 6CD0EF8B-0385-434C-9D37-C3DBA66006A5

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB