Sponsored

[Update: QR loads 2023 page] 2024 Tacoma Pricing Revealed ($28,600 MSRP) or Marketing Error?

shoelessjoe

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
I went to the auto show on Saturday and the Tacoma was the only 2024 Toyota on display as far as I know. The Tundra they had on display was a 2023.
Sponsored

Tom59

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Tundra ISE, 2012 CT200h, 2015 NX 200t
I think this is what you were thinking of:
Yeah, that might have been it! They are shrewd, so they can keep costs down and undercut the other rivals. :)

Tom59

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope you are right
Me too, my main worry is dealerships' jacking pricing. Our local one is notorious for adding 25,000 to hot-selling cars like the Corolla GRS. More people have to say something if this happens to them.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Me too, my main worry is dealerships' jacking pricing. Our local one is notorious for adding 25,000 to hot-selling cars like the Corolla GRS. More people have to say something if this happens to them.
The best local dealer that I have found charges MSRP plus a $1100 add on package. There is another one about 45 minutes away that charges MSRP without the package but they don't get many vehicles so I think it would be hard to get from them.

In any case I'm looking for a SR5 2wd so I don't think there is much chance there will be crazy mark ups

Tom59

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The best local dealer that I have found charges MSRP plus a $1100 add on package. There is another one about 45 minutes away that charges MSRP without the package but they don't get many vehicles so I think it would be hard to get from them.

In any case I'm looking for a SR5 2wd so I don't think there is much chance there will be crazy mark ups
I'm looking at the TRD Pro but my mind can be changed. So I'm going to have to look for out-of-area dealers that don't play MSRP games. I've always paid 6% or more under invoice. Those days are gonzo.

AsianTaco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Toyota (Japanese culture) are very meticulous about everything. My intuition tells me that the price tag was not an admin error but rather their way of pseudo-sharing information. Marketing? Hype? Excitement? Perhaps all three but certainly not an error on their part. Would Toyota be able to sell the 4th gens at the same price as the 3rd gen? They have been on a cost-cutting measure process for a while now. Don't forget the 4th gen rides on the new TNGA platform along with other models that allows for huge cost savings. So, it could be a possibility that prices may remain close to the 3rd gen prices. With that said, inflationary pressures, supply chain issues (still a problem today) and labor (read UAW) may just eat up all of their savings! I would expect a 5-8% raise in the price but also with a favorable national incentive. The only zero percent financing you will see is the smoke rings when you exhale that ganja you've been smoking :) My two cents.
Sponsored