Sponsored

Update: No wiring harness with trucks w/o factory hitch/receiver.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is an update to a post I made a few weeks ago, and is information for those of us who bought a Maverick w/o the 4 pin wiring harness and tow/hitch from the factory for $100.

To recap my situation, I ordered a Maverick XLT with CP360 and the lux package on 15 October. Still not in production, I decided to do a search at the end of January all along the SE USA. What I found was an XL that a customer ordered, but had to cancel. He ordered the spray in bed liner and hard top, trifold tonneau cover. He did not order the hitch.

After I purchased it, I found an OEM hitch/receiver, which was installed today. The shop specializes in hitch and wiring installation. They looked everywhere for a wiring harness, OEM, and after market, and there’s not any being made. Furthermore, there’s nowhere to plug in a wiring harness, and Ford doesn’t recommend doing a Hotwire installation by cutting and splicing into any existing wires, as it will void the warranty.

So, for those of us that have a Maverick w/o a hitch, you can buy an OEM hitch, but there’s currently no wiring harness available, nor any place to plug into.

The Maverick doesn’t come pre-wired to install a hitch, so that pretty much sums it up. First hand info from Ford was gathered by the specialty shop, and I’m passing this along for those that want to add a hitch.
Sponsored

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That sucks Ron, but thanks for letting us know.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Etrailer usually makes pigtails that just plug in between one of the taillight harnesses. I’m sure if they don’t offer one now it’s just a matter of time

OP
OP
RonR1959

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Etrailer usually makes pigtails that just plug in between one of the taillight harnesses. I’m sure if they don’t offer one now it’s just a matter of time
We can only hope!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
RonR1959

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hopefully someone will bring something to the market soon . When I bought a wire kit for my Jeep ,it involved removing the tail lights and unplugging them and plugin in a splitter harness . Maybe you could ask the hitch shop to pull a tail light and see if the plug ends match a different vehicle that a splitter harness is sold for .

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
tell your hitch place to hotwire one. It's very basic electrical. Wouldnt worry too much about warranty stuff unless your dealer is a total jackass

finallygotamaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There’s no plug in at all underneath the truck for adding and plugging in any kind of pigtails.

Well I’m pretty sure Ford doesn’t direct wire the taillights within the wiring harness. Traditionally harnesses plug in between the taillight plug

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is an update to a post I made a few weeks ago, and is information for those of us who bought a Maverick w/o the 4 pin wiring harness and tow/hitch from the factory for $100.

To recap my situation, I ordered a Maverick XLT with CP360 and the lux package on 15 October. Still not in production, I decided to do a search at the end of January all along the SE USA. What I found was an XL that a customer ordered, but had to cancel. He ordered the spray in bed liner and hard top, trifold tonneau cover. He did not order the hitch.

After I purchased it, I found an OEM hitch/receiver, which was installed today. The shop specializes in hitch and wiring installation. They looked everywhere for a wiring harness, OEM, and after market, and there’s not any being made. Furthermore, there’s nowhere to plug in a wiring harness, and Ford doesn’t recommend doing a Hotwire installation by cutting and splicing into any existing wires, as it will void the warranty.

So, for those of us that have a Maverick w/o a hitch, you can buy an OEM hitch, but there’s currently no wiring harness available, nor any place to plug into.

The Maverick doesn’t come pre-wired to install a hitch, so that pretty much sums it up. First hand info from Ford was gathered by the specialty shop, and I’m passing this along for those that want to add a hitch.
I think you will find there is a box needed. A driver of sorts that goes under the truck. I spent some time at dealer. I have a diagram I can snap a pic of. It’s not very clear.
Here is link to pic I posted recently. Box under left rear taillight I believe.https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...eiver-come-on-already.9249/page-3#post-214728

Last edited:

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I you search bronco sport trailer light you will see an aftermarket box that gets signal from OEM lights but power from battery.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my first truck was a B3000. No hitch or wiring. Hotwired it and ran a bumper hitch for years. Eventually ripped the bumper off but otherwise all good.

Ford should have a plug and play for those that decide to tow that didn't order hitch

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
parts.ford.com
part #s

7 and 4 pin connector

If you want a full oem hookup you will need harness

and the lights

If you have the hook up for that harness it will be on the driver side of the bed.

You'll have to figure out exactly what hitch you want and specific wire combo for features. That puts you back at least 300 dollars in parts or you can skip the harnesses and get a pigtail harness and splice into the existing wires with that.
WPT1659
Sponsored