Sponsored

2023 Maverick list - 3% under invoice with @dealersider

Maverick-xv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Expedition XLT
We bought used, under warranty BMW from Texas and local BMW dealer performed all services and repairs without any questions. Actually, they did outstanding job last visit.
Sponsored

Robski

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Ram1500
So, if I order and live in Virginia how do I get my vehicle? Seems like any savings would be wasted transporting the vehicle.

Okay answered my own question, should have read entire thread first.

I get this horrible feeling that my local dealer(s)would cop an attitude and getting the vehicle serviced would be an issue. I'm not saying that the dealers wouldn't perform warranty work, I'm just saying that they wouldn't be a rush to do it.
I ordered from VA. Amtrak from Chesapeake is cheap but we also may fly 1 way. My girl and i are going to make a weekend of it in Philly.

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
Wow! This is fantastic. Tom sent you an email.

Thanks

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We bought a Subaru, Mazda and F150 out-of-state and never had a problem with local dealer service departments for any work while the vehicles were under factory warranty.

In fact, we sold one to our son while the power train warranty was still in effect and the transmission issue he had was resolved by a local dealer’s service department at no charge.

AFAIK, factory warranties and ESPs can only be transferred one time.
That's reassuring, thank you.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
we have tough spam filters...thank u for following it up with a text...placing your order today! thank u! appreciate u!
Tom, we have been in contact and you have ordered my Lariat. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate the service. I was able to find a dealer in Port Richey Florida who has agreed to Drop Ship my Maverick when the time comes. Again, THANKS. 😁

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello Dealerinsider do you have any Ford dealer contacts in Central Florida or any in the state of Florida to have it drop shipped?
06Warrior, not sure if you found a dealer to drop ship your Maverick to yet.

I found a dealer in Port Richey, Florida (just north of Tampa) that will accept a Drop Ship. His name is Jeff Swift, Fleet Manager at Ford of Port Richey. His cell number 727-992-0599. He said it was $200. Since I didn't want the truck cleaned inside or out he dropped the price. There are fees for doing the tag and registration stuff that plays into it as well. Give him a call and let him know that Don said to contact him.

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, if I order and live in Virginia how do I get my vehicle? Seems like any savings would be wasted transporting the vehicle.

Okay answered my own question, should have read entire thread first.

I get this horrible feeling that my local dealer(s)would cop an attitude and getting the vehicle serviced would be an issue. I'm not saying that the dealers wouldn't perform warranty work, I'm just saying that they wouldn't be a rush to do it.
A lot of dealers make good money on servicing vehicles and generally would not turn it away.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot of dealers make good money on servicing vehicles and generally would not turn it away.
This. Service is quite lucrative. I would think they would be happy to start a relationship with a new local customer who could bring their car into that dealer for service if they make a good first impression.

I think it would be less awesome for Chapman knowing they won’t get those service dollars down the road and make just a tiny amount on the sale of a car. haha! Sorry, Tom. ☺

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
06Warrior, not sure if you found a dealer to drop ship your Maverick to yet.

I found a dealer in Port Richey, Florida (just north of Tampa) that will accept a Drop Ship. His name is Jeff Swift, Fleet Manager at Ford of Port Richey. His cell number 727-992-0599. He said it was $200. Since I didn't want the truck cleaned inside or out he dropped the price. There are fees for doing the tag and registration stuff that plays into it as well. Give him a call and let him know that Don said to contact him.
SgtLip, I live in South Florida (Ft Lauderdale) and thinking of ordering from Chapman. I have never ordered from an out of state dealer so would you be so kind as to explain the "drop ship" process along with the costs? I'm trying to see if it's cheaper than flying to Philly from S Florida and circumventing a 17 hour drive home.
Thanks.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SgtLip, I live in South Florida (Ft Lauderdale) and thinking of ordering from Chapman. I have never ordered from an out of state dealer so would you be so kind as to explain the "drop ship" process along with the costs? I'm trying to see if it's cheaper than flying to Philly from S Florida and circumventing a 17 hour drive home.
Thanks.

Courtesy delivery: we order the vehicle & add a drop ship code to have it shipped to a dealer you find will do CD for you…a lot of dealers do them…typically you will need to find a dealer with a fleet department…we do them all the time for other dealers…once you find a dealer that will do one, you will need to negotiate the cost with them (typically $200-$500 for PDI, gas, clean, etc) that you will owe to handle the CD…once you are ok with that, get their drop ship code & we add to the order at previewing…

Side note…we require a deposit for customers who want a drop ship…the deposit amount is non-refundable & is used to cover the cost of shipping to us in the event you don’t take delivery (remember we still own the vehicle, not the drop ship dealer)…once the vehicle is previewing to schedule, I confirm with you the order & the drop ship…I then run a uship.com quote from the drop ship dealer to my dealership & that is the amount I will collect…once the vehicle schedules, that is the point of no return, & I can’t change the drop ship if you change your mind…when you do take delivery, the deposit comes off the amount due…

hope that exclaims the process…I have several maverick customers doing them already
Unfortunately I am NO expert on the subject as this is my first time doing it. Having said that, it seems pretty straight up to me, so I took the plunge. I was looking at a 14 hour drive so it was fly or have my wife take me up. It wasn't a hard decision for me to make, especially since I am native Floridian and don't do cold weather which is about the time the Maverick is to be delivered.

Having said that, I'm not sure if you've read the complete post (yes all 14 pages). Back on page 9 Tom (Chapman Ford) explained it pretty good I thought.

I'll try to explain the way I understand it:
You tell Tom the vehicle you want with all the options. Tom will provide you with a quote. If you are happy then you let him know you want him to place the order and they are the selling dealer. You will complete most if not all paperwork with them and make payment arrangements with them however their process is.

Where it's different is the delivery of the vehicle. Typically you would go to the dealer and place an order. They would make your vehicle and send it to your dealer for delivery to you. In this case Chapman Ford will have the vehicle delivered to a dealer of your choosing for delivery to you. That's the Courtesy Drop or Drop Shipment you have read about.

I notified 2 local dealers this morning and the closest wasn't sure if he was allowed to do it. So I called the next dealer. Asked for their Fleet/Commercial Manager. I explained to him what Tom wrote in the post copied above (from page 9). He said "No Problem". He advised me they charge $200 for that service. I was okay with that amount but was able to get it lower ONLY because I do not want them to clean or detail the vehicle as I want to do that myself. So he said it would be $75.00. Then he asked me about tag and registration. I told him I needed him to do that for me as well. So it ended up they have a flat rate charge of $184 for the registration and tag part. So I'm paying the local Florida dealer to receive the vehicle and do the paperwork for $184 + $75 = $259. In my simple mind it is a 114 mile round trip to Port Richey to get the vehicle as opposed to flying to Philly, catch an Uber to the dealer and drive 14 hours home. A lot more money and a lot less time and miles on my NEW MAVERICK.

I hope I was able to simplify the process. Just call your local Ford dealer and ask for the Fleet/Commercial Manager. I basically read Tom's post to him and see if they can help you. If not, call the next one. Here is a good link to find a Ford dealer that deals with Fleet/Commercial vehicles. https://fordcommercialvehiclecenter.com Just put your zip code in and it will provide you with a list of dealers sorted by closest to farthest away.

Good Luck

M.A.C.

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation
Does anyone have a lead on a South Florida dealer that would accept a drop shipped Maverick, I called two dealer and they thought it was the best joke they heard all week 🤷🏼

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Does anyone have a lead on a South Florida dealer that would accept a drop shipped Maverick, I called two dealer and they thought it was the best joke they heard all week 🤷🏼
South Florida dealers are the worst

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the Ocala area and had to go to Port Richey (just north of Tampa) to find one.

Here is a good link to find a Ford dealer that deals with Fleet/Commercial vehicles. https://fordcommercialvehiclecenter.com Just put your zip code in and it will provide you with a list of dealers sorted by closest to farthest away. Then call and ask for the Fleet/Commercial Manager. Good luck. I was able to get it on the second call.
Sponsored