bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan on using a back seat cover on my Lariat whenever I get it for throwing gear on the back seat but I also plan on not using the back headrests, as I never have more than one passenger and I would prefer the greater rear visibility. Most back seat covers rely on hanging on the back headrest posts. I plan on using a dowel or something similar in the holes to hold up the back seat cover I am looking at. Can anyone tell me how far down the first and second notch are on the headrest posts? Attached is a photo of the cover I'm looking at.

Ford Maverick Unusual Headrest Request Screenshot_20220309-122422
Sponsored

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan on using a back seat cover on my Lariat whenever I get it for throwing gear on the back seat but I also plan on not using the back headrests, as I never have more than one passenger and I would prefer the greater rear visibility. Most back seat covers rely on hanging on the back headrest posts. I plan on using a dowel or something similar in the holes to hold up the back seat cover I am looking at. Can anyone tell me how far down the first and second notch are on the headrest posts? Attached is a photo of the cover I'm looking at.

Screenshot_20220309-122422.png
There's a bumper on the back side of the seat, I don't know if you could just hook it on there and close it? You can see here in this picture:
Ford Maverick Unusual Headrest Request 1646859505551

OP
OP
bighap

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a bumper on the back side of the seat, I don't know if you could just hook it on there and close it? You can see here in this picture:
1646859505551.png
Hmmm. That could work. Is it just a bolt that holds that bumper on? I could always add a flat hook or loop to that bumper. Great suggestion!

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Screenshot_20220309-122422.png
I have the same dilemma as you.... I have a rear seat cover on the way from 4knines.

I originally had the same workaround plan of putting something in the headrest post holes but after taking a look at the rear seatback folded down, I was thinking of attaching somehow to the car seat anchors which are attached to the cab rear wall .

OP
OP
bighap

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same dilemma as you.... I have a rear seat cover on the way from 4knines.

I originally had the same workaround plan of putting something in the headrest post holes but after taking a look at the rear seatback folded down, I was thinking of attaching somehow to the car seat anchors which are attached to the cab rear wall .
That seems like a long stretch but I suppose you could just extend the straps reach with some rope or twine.

Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are certainly rear headrests with a lower profile. If there's a salvage yard convenient to you, might want to check out any BMWs and Audis there if time and inclination permit.

AFAIK the distance between the prongs and the prong diameter are standard, but bring along a tape measure (or your Maverick headrest) just in case for comparison.

OP
OP
bighap

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Can you verify how those bumpers on the back are secured that MDRN referenced? If it's just a screw or bolt they could be removed then put a corner brace on then put the bumper back on.
Ford Maverick Unusual Headrest Request Screenshot_20220309-140448

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you verify how those bumpers on the back are secured that MDRN referenced? If it's just a screw or bolt they could be removed then put a corner brace on then put the bumper back on.
Screenshot_20220309-140448.png
I just checked.... the bumpers are screwed on with a torx head screw. See attached pic

Ford Maverick Unusual Headrest Request 510C22F2-F5C7-4F2D-B297-00D41F46FC60

OP
OP
bighap

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just checked.... the bumpers are screwed on with a torx head screw. See attached pic

510C22F2-F5C7-4F2D-B297-00D41F46FC60.jpeg
Perfect. Thanks for checking.
Sponsored