Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Let’s get this out of the way, yes it’s not a track but just in case, I backed it up twice. Track day in a few weeks will be prepped and usually has negative DA. I’m not here to start a pissing match. Like most of us here I want to push the envelope on these trucks. I’m not a shop, just a car guy who can’t stop messing with his cars.

Mav is an AWD XLT, 4k tow, lowered on escape HR springs, and 18 inch Konigs. Has Buschers intercooler, AFE intake, my downpipe and homemade exhaust, 2 step colder plugs, and tuned on E50. Full weight with my 230 lbs but I pulled the mini spare and jack and took off my tonneau cover. This is for all the people that commented “You picked the wrong truck to go fast” lol. I know 13s are slow by today’s standards but this little truck is flying. I have a 9 second TBSS so I have a thing for picking the wrong vehicles to go fast. Again, I’m not here to argue, just sharing for the good of the group. I truly believe these are 12 second capable with the stock turbo and a little dieting. Next year should be interesting with a bunch of Fast Mavericks 😎

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Backed up second time

OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

And a third in case there was any doubt.

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome work! You still running a JB4? And what's the story with your downpipe? Exciting stuff here for the club.

OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Awesome work! You still running a JB4? And what's the story with your downpipe? Exciting stuff here for the club.
Sold the JB4 a while ago. SCT E50 tune. Lawrence Giles and I sell the downpipes. They are 3 inch 304 stainless and OEM fit. Went from 18 psi to 22.5 max boost.

Sponsored

TorqueWrenchUSA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! I wonder if the speed limiter is killing you a bit. Once you get to around 100 it seams to almost purposely start slowing the acceleration by a good bit and shift into a much higher gear as you get closer to 109. It could be me imagining things though since these have the aerodynamics of a brick.

Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01' Excursion 7.3, 82' CJ-8, 01' ACTY, 23' MAV HYB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this is awesome. I am sure you will get 12's eventually. BTW, I asked this in another thread but I think it was a repost...is your tailgate spoiler the factory one? It looks longer in the pics.

Gottahavmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 5.0 6 spd.,mx-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think this is awesome. I am sure you will get 12's eventually. BTW, I asked this in another thread but I think it was a repost...is your tailgate spoiler the factory one? It looks longer in the pics.
Its the tailgate spoiler accessory. The last picture on other thread says.

Gottahavmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 5.0 6 spd.,mx-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Debating whether I want to get one, whenever I get my mav. I wonder how it holds up ? I have the cab spoiler already waiting for the truck.

Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ive only seen where it says spoiler. Was curious if it was the Ford factory one because if you look at every other image of the factory spoiler you can find online, none of them look that long. It looks almost twice as long as any other photo I can find.

Sponsored

Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could be wrong but I feel like that 60ft could be improved significantly. Waaaaay back in the day I was able to get 2.10's from a nitroused Focus on factory tires. (186whp/228wtq) I would think 1.75's on an AWD ecoboost is doable under your setup.

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kudos on the homemade down pipe and exhaust. I like it!👍👍

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive only seen where it says spoiler. Was curious if it was the Ford factory one because if you look at every other image of the factory spoiler you can find online, none of them look that long. It looks almost twice as long as any other photo I can find.
I'm pretty sure it's this one...https://accessories.ford.com/products/satin-black-tailgate-spoiler

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! I wonder if the speed limiter is killing you a bit. Once you get to around 100 it seams to almost purposely start slowing the acceleration by a good bit and shift into a much higher gear as you get closer to 109. It could be me imagining things though since these have the aerodynamics of a brick.
A tune will typically delete the VMAX fuel cut.