Sponsored

Unlikely Scenario for MY22 Fulfillment of All Chapman Horsham Orders...

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We never did have any visibility on Sept XLT orders. It made no sense we couldn't see any. Those would have been the canceled vins (I suspect). But, ~50 of them??? That would be more than all of the June/July/Aug orders scheduled in July for October delivery!

Incredible.
Sponsored

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We never did have any visibility on Sept XLT orders. It made no sense we couldn't see any. Those would have been the canceled vins (I suspect). But, ~50 of them??? That would be more than all of the June/July/Aug orders scheduled in July for October delivery!

Incredible.
Yeah, from all our tracking there were 33-35 unscheduled MY22 hybrids that could have possibly been rolled to new MY23 orders. So at that time, as far as I knew, there were at max 32-34 other new MY23 hybrid orders (along with mine) given a priority 11.

At least 2 of them got scheduled from our little group here. And numerous other hybrids have been scheduled as well - approximately 48 more, per their numbers.

But there was no large spike in the scheduled hybrids count after the cancelled VIN orders started getting scheduled, suggesting they either didn’t have many cancelled VIN orders, or something else is still keeping them from being scheduled.

This, combined with the still high number of unscheduled priority 11 hybrids, suggests that the large number of hybrids they had scheduled during the first few weeks of MY23 scheduling were not rollovers.

I’m happy for those lucky few among the rollovers who’ve been scheduled. But unless there was a significant error in the unscheduled numbers they reported starting in mid September & through today, the rollover orders are getting zero actual priority.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, I would definitely be pissed to see new MY23 hybrids getting scheduled, but I suppose that can't be on Chapman as they have us down to 11 (still don't know why they aren't at 10). Did they say what the new orders are at? I'm hoping they are sitting at 19 and not 12 or something like that. I really want to take my Chapman order instead of my local one as it would save me another $1500 or so but it just keeps dragging on. I feel bad for those of you who don't have a back up order.

I definitely regret not doing my HW beforehand and not realizing there was more than one Chapman to chose from. It seems like Philly was the way to go.

EM33

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Datsun L521 / 69 Datsun SRL311
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ugh, ya'll deserve a medal. fwiw - my sept eb order is, and has always been, a 15.

Maverick_316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid
Yeah, I would definitely be pissed to see new MY23 hybrids getting scheduled, but I suppose that can't be on Chapman as they have us down to 11 (still don't know why they aren't at 10). Did they say what the new orders are at? I'm hoping they are sitting at 19 and not 12 or something like that. I really want to take my Chapman order instead of my local one as it would save me another $1500 or so but it just keeps dragging on. I feel bad for those of you who don't have a back up order.

I definitely regret not doing my HW beforehand and not realizing there was more than one Chapman to chose from. It seems like Philly was the way to go.
Yeah Ed in North East is great. Bought two off him and have one on order.

Sponsored

Jackovalltrades

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah Ed in North East is great. Bought two off him and have one on order.
What's the best way to get a hold of the guy? I have an order with him and he hasn't responded to a couple of emails as well as a phone call.

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's the best way to get a hold of the guy? I have an order with him and he hasn't responded to a couple of emails as well as a phone call.
No chance of getting him on the phone try both [email protected] and [email protected]
Keep it short and to the point and he generally answers back within a day or two. He does not answer leading questions and he doesn't put up with people's crap. I've done both and gotten ignored too. Stopped asking stupid questions and got answer again.

Jackovalltrades

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No chance of getting him on the phone try both [email protected] and [email protected]
Keep it short and to the point and he generally answers back within a day or two. He does not answer leading questions and he doesn't put up with people's crap. I've done both and gotten ignored too. Stopped asking stupid questions and got answer again.
I would prefer to have a salesman assigned if it meant a response. I have purchased many new vehicles in my time. This is my first Ford and I'm not used this type of customer service/experience. Thank you for the suggestions.

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would prefer to have a salesman assigned if it meant a response. I have purchased many new vehicles in my time. This is my first Ford and I'm not used this type of customer service/experience. Thank you for the suggestions.
From your average dealership you probably would have the experience you are looking for Chapman is not your average dealership both for good and for bad

Maverick_316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid
You have nothing to worry about with Ed. No surprises at time of delivery.

He just doesn't entertain the conspiracy theories. Remember his job is to get the orders in and it's ford's job to build them.

If something is important about your order he will most definitely let you know

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are you asking him? I waited a year for a Lariat Lux with him and he answered questions along the way, but I would say I averaged maybe a question every quarter or so. There is nothing he can do to speed things up and if you're emailing him frequently then yeah he is probably actively ignoring you.

I can vouch that when your truck is there, you will be contacted. It will be at the price he gave you, there will be no pressure, and it will be fast.

Maverick_316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid
What are you asking him? I waited a year for a Lariat Lux with him and he answered questions along the way, but I would say I averaged maybe a question every quarter or so. There is nothing he can do to speed things up and if you're emailing him frequently then yeah he is probably actively ignoring you.

I can vouch that when your truck is there, you will be contacted. It will be at the price he gave you, there will be no pressure, and it will be fast.
Couldn't agree more.

Jackovalltrades

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I inquired about adding an option to my order and he answered. When I responded with a follow-up I didn't hear back. I'm not here to bash him by any means. Ultimately the most important thing is to get the truck and delivered as promised.

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On my phone so can’t make the pretty table update, but the updated unscheduled numbers after yesterday suggest that they got 1 hybrid & 9 EB scheduled. Now at:
37 unscheduled EB
168 unscheduled hybrid

They seemingly got a bunch of hybrids scheduled early in the MY23 cycle, but very few ever since. I’ll update the table later.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On my phone so can’t make the pretty table update, but the updated unscheduled numbers after yesterday suggest that they got 1 hybrid & 9 EB scheduled. Now at:
37 unscheduled EB
168 unscheduled hybrid

They seemingly got a bunch of hybrids scheduled early in the MY23 cycle, but very few ever since. I’ll update the table later.
Did we ever get a number of how many they had that were scheduled and then canceled? It seems like there were about 50 or so hybrids that have been scheduled so far and I can't imagine there were that many in front of us.
Sponsored