Sponsored

Unlikely Scenario for MY22 Fulfillment of All Chapman Horsham Orders...

BobS

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
I spoke with Courtney last week and asked about the discount, she said they would continue to honor the discount on our carried over orders. They’re great people to work with, but I just wish they would give more information about the lack of scheduling.
Sponsored

BobS

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
I also might order a 2023 Lariat with my local dealer when the order slot opens. I might see the 2023 sooner than the 2022. Fxxk you, Ford.
It could be my imagination, Lariat seems to have the best chance of being built. I think that’s what I’ll do too.

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It could be my imagination, Lariat seems to have the best chance of being built. I think that’s what I’ll do too.
At least by the numbers we've compiled here, it seems the Lariat Lux are getting priority for scheduling over even earlier XLT Lux orders, all other things being equal. I suspect this is because the Lariat Lux is a higher margin sale than the XLT Lux, so in a time of continuing shortages it makes sense to prioritize the higher dollar orders.

BobS

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
At least by the numbers we've compiled here, it seems the Lariat Lux are getting priority for scheduling over even earlier XLT Lux orders, all other things being equal. I suspect this is because the Lariat Lux is a higher margin sale than the XLT Lux, so in a time of continuing shortages it makes sense to prioritize the higher dollar orders.
The Lariat option is kinda pricey, not a fan of those “vinyl seats”. Seems silly to pay a premium for the seats my dad had in his base 69 Ford Galaxy 500. But as you’ve said, way better margins for Ford. If I just knew Chapman could get one for me.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep Ford needs those pricier trims to roll thru the check out lane-

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think if they were being punished they would not have allocations at all rather than just not scheduling. But yes, it seems very odd. My Philly order was also loaded with constraints and ordered 10/13 per the tracker. The Horsham order was 10/5 or 10/8 something like that. And Ed at Philly said a bunch had scheduled for him yesterday.

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you plan to order a 2023 anyway, you might as well leave your 2022 order as-is. I am really stunned that an early order like yours is unscheduled.
I was thinking about the same way to keep all the options. If it's 10 months ago, I will keep all the options. But time flies, and things change. I really need a car now. I might keep one and sell one to my uncle. His working manual Tacoma is almost 17 years old.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've experienced ActiveX and it's not like the vinyl of yesteryear. Personally, I think the XLT interior should have been the top tier, and that was my preference, but I wanted items in the Lariat Lux package more than I cared about the seat material. Synthetic leathers today are quite good, though. And much less maintenance required.

AeroSC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 535i, 2019 Honda Pilot, 1963 Ford Falcon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another data point for you: My 11/2 order for an XLT Lux EB CP360 4K DIBL has been built and is on it's way to Chapman Horsham for delivery in the second week of August. So it looks like they can still build stuff, just not hybrids. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.

BobS

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
I think if they were being punished they would not have allocations at all rather than just not scheduling. But yes, it seems very odd. My Philly order was also loaded with constraints and ordered 10/13 per the tracker. The Horsham order was 10/5 or 10/8 something like that. And Ed at Philly said a bunch had scheduled for him yesterday.
Well, maybe try to move my order to Ed in Philly when the time comes to reorder for 2023? Wonder if that can be done, or do like you did and order one of each. Also upgrade to Lariat, I was getting tired of my VIRTUAL XLT after one year anyway!

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, maybe try to move my order to Ed in Philly when the time comes to reorder for 2023? Wonder if that can be done, or do like you did and order one of each. Also upgrade to Lariat, I was getting tired of my VIRTUAL XLT after one year anyway!
Ed's been a great guy to work with. He has no presence, to my knowledge, on this forum. But he's doing something right anyway. He does not have the volume of orders that Horsham has. That probably played into me getting my order with him scheduled. But he did do 4% under invoice. Whether or not he'll do that on a new 2023, unclear. I have a price sheet in writing from him showing $29,300 plus $394 doc fee plus tax. $31,XXX OTD for a Lariat Lux with an upcharge paint color. Crazy that I've seen others pay more than this for XLs and XLTs.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ed's been a great guy to work with. He has no presence, to my knowledge, on this forum. But he's doing something right anyway. He does not have the volume of orders that Horsham has. That probably played into me getting my order with him scheduled. But he did do 4% under invoice. Whether or not he'll do that on a new 2023, unclear. I have a price sheet in writing from him showing $29,300 plus $394 doc fee plus tax. $31,XXX OTD for a Lariat Lux with an upcharge paint color. Crazy that I've seen others pay more than this for XLs and XLTs.
are you having yours CD in Georgia? To what dealership?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do we know the allocations Horsham has for July? Not that it seems to matter for them.

Chuck Norris

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do we know exactly what happened at Horsham? Does every single order have multiple constraints? It seems odd that they have orders nearing a year old that have not gotten scheduled and only 2 scheduled in like 11 weeks.
My order is a XL EB nothing else, no constraints, haven’t been scheduled, although I don’t expect to be as I’m a late order, first week of December.
Sponsored