Sponsored

Unlikely Scenario for MY22 Fulfillment of All Chapman Horsham Orders...

Ken_Ohki

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well just got an email from Ford saying my delivery window of 10/21 - 10/27 is now 11/28 - 12/4. Going to get with Ford chat tomorrow to confirm because the last tracking I got from them, last Friday, had it less than 300 miles from the dealer. Was looking forward to having it for a Thanksgiving trip but that may be unlikely now.
Despite the email delaying saying my delivery would be delayed my truck is at Chapman. Just waiting on them to reach out for final correspondence then I'll be booking my flight.
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@theway-yay-ting Have you heard from Ashlie if anyone from Chapman was scheduled yesterday? My scheduled/canceled has a current date of 1/9 but nothing foe that one.

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here! After simple request to use old DORA pricing and 0% rates, Horsham provided exactly that original deal. No issues, problems, or consternation.

Picked it up this afternoon, no surprises or issues. Back home all smiles -- with the exception of empathetic thoughts for the rest of you. Too dark for photos tonight...

1666805697228.png

1666888037236.png
The Chuckles Person gets his truck! Woot Woot! Enjoy, it looks sharp!

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@theway-yay-ting Have you heard from Ashlie if anyone from Chapman was scheduled yesterday? My scheduled/canceled has a current date of 1/9 but nothing foe that one.
I wanted to wait until this week’s on-again, off-again scheduling chaos played out. I’ll check in with them & report back.

N0B0DY

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found out from Ford that my truck was delivered to Chapman earlier this week. I am just wanting for them to check in the truck and contact me.

Sponsored

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I found out from Ford that my truck was delivered to Chapman earlier this week. I am just wanting for them to check in the truck and contact me.
Perhaps I've become a little impatient. I gave it a day for my truck to be checked in once delivered (Thursday). I then sent off an email (Friday) to SteveB and Ashlie asking about the next steps; not bothering to wait for their initial message. On Monday, I received a call (or three) about financing and asking when I wanted to pick it up. Tuesday was wide open for pick up and I was ready!

Thus, I'm not sure you need to wait it out... But then again, after a year, what's a few more days?

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, heard back from Ashlie. They had 16 schedule last week - 13 Hybrid, 3 EB. They currently have 232 unscheduled MY23, 62 of which are rollovers from last year. I would assume all 62 are priority 11.

Now, that being said, I would bet the "previously-scheduled-then-cancelled-to-be-converted-to-MY23" orders are probably not yet reflected in the totals.

Will see if I can get any additional details and pass along as I hear it.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They take forever. Now I am at day 10. nothing finalized yet. if I did not have a vehicle I would be really upset for it.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Okay, heard back from Ashlie. They had 16 schedule last week - 13 Hybrid, 3 EB. They currently have 232 unscheduled MY23, 62 of which are rollovers from last year. I would assume all 62 are priority 11.

Now, that being said, I would bet the "previously-scheduled-then-cancelled-to-be-converted-to-MY23" orders are probably not yet reflected in the totals.

Will see if I can get any additional details and pass along as I hear it.
Did she happen to say how many/if any of the 16 scheduled were rollovers?

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did she happen to say how many/if any of the 16 scheduled were rollovers?
She did not. I was tempted to ask that as well, but instead followed up with a question on the hybrid/EB unscheduled breakout. Hopefully I hear back on that and can report back.

Haven't seen any posting on whether there would be scheduling again this week, or if we'll be waiting a few weeks on that.

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

She did not. I was tempted to ask that as well, but instead followed up with a question on the hybrid/EB unscheduled breakout. Hopefully I hear back on that and can report back.

Haven't seen any posting on whether there would be scheduling again this week, or if we'll be waiting a few weeks on that.
Gotcha. Well I'm glad some hybrids got scheduled at least. Haven't seen anyone post on here yet saying their Chapman order was scheduled. Guess we'll see soon enough.

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update from Ashlie - they actually have 282 unscheduled, with only 76 being EB. Excerpting a quote with the count at the end of MY22 scheduling:

Just heard back... final tally is:
35 unscheduled hybrids
53 unscheduled Ecoboosts

They were at 38 & 64, respectively, on 1 Sep, so they must have received 14 more allocations (3 hybrids & 11 EBs) for that last-minute scheduling flurry that took place last week.
So there were 88 unscheduled (35 hyb & 53 EB) as of the end of MY22 scheduling back in Sep, and as of today, there are 282 unscheduled, 62 of which are rollovers. Clearly at least some of the unscheduled did not place MY23 orders with Horsham, since the current unscheduled rollover number is only 62. Even if all 16 of the ones that scheduled last week were rollovers (doubtful, but still), that would account for only 78 total rollovers in their pool.

In any case, as of right now (11/1/22) they have 206 unscheduled hybrids and 76 unscheduled EB. On the plus side, they had 13 hybrids get scheduled, and 3 EB. That means that at the very start for MY23 they had 219 hybrid orders (73%) & 79 EB orders (27%). If Ford sticks to their 35%/65% build plan, all the Chapman-Horsham MY23 EBs would get built and a significant number of their hybrids would not. Hopefully at the very least those who've been waiting the longest still get scheduling priority, but I'm not holding my breath. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I was really surprised by the number of hybrids scheduled this week, given that Ford had to cancel that big chunk of the previously scheduled hybrids due to parts constraints. They didn't have parts available to build hybrids in December that already had MY22 VINs, so they cancelled them, but then turned around and scheduled hybrids for December build dates? 🤷‍♂️

It'll be interesting to hear from @fordvideoguy in his video tonight what their scheduling ratio was. Supposedly just some cleanup scheduling this week (if any allocations are left at all), so I'd expect this week to be more EB-biased (again, if we see any at all).

Unfortunately, still no insight on whether these unscheduled numbers include any of the cancelled MY22 hybrids that were previously set for December. More info as it becomes available...

ssumass

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks theway-yay-ting, Did she mention how many allocations they have this month? I guess at this point we just have to tune in every thursday for the Ford lottery aka scheduling emails.

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks theway-yay-ting, Did she mention how many allocations they have this month? I guess at this point we just have to tune in every thursday for the Ford lottery aka scheduling emails.
I didn't ask, I try to keep the quantity of questions down to not wear out my welcome. If I just keep getting consistent updates on the unscheduled counts, at least we'll be able to piece together how many they're getting along the way.

They started out with 298 orders, and we know that (for MY23) there will only be 2 build weeks in Nov (11/21 & 11/28) and then 2 build weeks in Dec (12/5 & 12/12). They've already scheduled for all of those build weeks (unless there are a few cleanup additions thrown in there this week). Just for fun we'll say they get 4 more, for a nice round 20 across Nov & Dec production.

If we figure 4 production weeks per month for Jan-Sep (assuming MY24 production starts in early Oct), that leaves 9 more months' worth. At 20 per month, that would round out to an even 200 over the full MY23 production cycle. 65% of 200 would be 130 EBs, but they only have a total of 79 EB orders for MY23. On the other hand, 35% of 200 would only be 70 hybrids, out of the 219 that Horsham has orders for.

Lots of assumptions & variables here - Horsham might get a lot more than 20 allocations per month. On the other hand, given hybrid parts are limited and a large majority of their orders are hybrid, MY23 Mav sales might be very slow going in the early months, negatively impacting their sales numbers and thus bringing their allocations downward as the year goes on. Additionally, who knows just how long the MY23 production cycle will go. Finally, parts constraints will continue to be a wild card.

So now, we wait...

Ford Maverick Unlikely Scenario for MY22 Fulfillment of All Chapman Horsham Orders... giphy
Sponsored