Sponsored

Underbody foam (under engine bay) will hopefully have aftermarket plastic / carbon fiber replacement

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
So this is the underbody of the Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Maverick Underbody foam (under engine bay) will hopefully have aftermarket plastic / carbon fiber replacement 452DA3C9-0BE4-448B-BF1F-FA13B73C349E

most new cars these days have this stupid under body foam board under the engine bay. Ugly, it shreds and gets so nasty.
I want someone to make a plastic/ carbon fiber replacement for it.
If not I’ll get a 4x6 1/16th steel plate and cut it. $120 and 35lbs
Ford Maverick Underbody foam (under engine bay) will hopefully have aftermarket plastic / carbon fiber replacement 245353C8-B9F3-42B2-BB54-CD0B16340566

Also would like Plastic Front wheel well liners too because screw Foam.
Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you know why its there? (Hint: noise, powertrain/steering protection, mpg)
Recycling plastic water bottles (ford.com)
Engine splash shield – aerodynamics and underbody protection | Knauf (knaufautomotive.com)

Ford calls them underbody shields or "splash shield". Plastic with felt-like cover. For the life of me don't know why you'd want an aftermarket one but hey, go for it. Replacement plastic/felt ones can be had pretty cheaply from parts suppliers (ex. - $10-$60 for Focus shields).
because the foam/felt gets NASTY up here in salt country. Just plain plastic please.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the oil filter is accessible from the engine bay, I won't care, I use a vacuum pump. If I have to remove that board every single time, ugh, what a pain.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the oil filter is accessible from the engine bay, I won't care, I use a vacuum pump. If I have to remove that board every single time, ugh, what a pain.
The board has a plastic door to get to the drain plug and filter

Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
I don't know enough on the actual innards geometry of either the 2.5l Atkinson cycle or 2.0l Egoboost engines to know how successful an oil extractor is on these, somebody with knowledge please chime in. I know on my V6 2.7l EB in my F150 you can't use a dipstick extractor as the dipstick tube doesn't go directly into the oil sump.
Mityvac oil suction machines - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you know why its there? (Hint: noise, powertrain/steering protection, mpg)
Recycling plastic water bottles (ford.com)
Engine splash shield – aerodynamics and underbody protection | Knauf (knaufautomotive.com)

Ford calls them underbody shields or "splash shield". Plastic with felt-like cover. For the life of me don't know why you'd want an aftermarket one but hey, go for it. Replacement plastic/felt ones can be had pretty cheaply from parts suppliers (ex. - $10-$60 for Focus shields).
They're there to absorb leaking oil instead of just holding it. They've been using them on Volvos for the last 15+ years instead of the plastic ones because they can absorb oil instead of just holding it until it leaks out into the environment. I've seen them absorb 4 quarts of oil without releasing any of it until it's placed in a vertical position to seep out. They do not absorb water.
Sponsored