jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I've had my cactus grey for a couple weeks now and the ONLY thing that I don't like is the driver's seat cushion. There's just not enough cushion there.

The only less comfortable one that I've had the displeasure of sitting on was a company-supplied Chevy Cruze.

A Kia Forte Koup that I had for a while had very comfortable seats. Literally drive for hours at a time with no discomfort. And my 2002 Dodge Dakota, inherited from my dad, is still quite comfortable after 20 years. Where with the Mav, I start feeling the metal within minutes.

I've seen a lot of threads about seat covers and some about wanting to add heated seats, etc. But not much about plain old comfort.

Any possible fixes?
cover king seat covers have a version that adds a lot of cushion. Expensive, but had some on one of my old Rams.
Sponsored

Rob Daman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
robdaman.com
Vehicle(s)
Mav
The aftermarket seat covers I have a thin layer of foam as well as the material itself. It's not a huge amount but it's noticeable.

did a video about the covers you should be able to see the foam

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wife and I have never liked Leather or Leather Like seats in vehicles.

We have found them to be uncomfortable because they don't breathe, they hold cold or heat, you will stick to them wearing shorts.

The cloth seats in our Maverick XLT (non-lux) are very comfortable seats. On our 2804 mile 12 day vacation in June it was extremely satisfying sitting in those seats even on the days driving over 500 miles.
I am a big guy, not huge with broad shoulders. Drove about 200 miles yesterday. Mostly 4 lane with a couple of 10 miles stretches with very iffy pavement. Made worse by poorly executed repair attempts. Very few of the moderate bumps, get through to the rump. It would be nice if their was another inch+ of padding that is on the firmer side at the rear of the seat bottom.

It seems when I first get in my truck the seats seem a bit to soft for long term comfort, Although at the end of the day it never felt bottomed out, nor sitting on my tailbone. My XLT w/lux has been easy to set up properly. No one else drives it, so it's like a Ronco Rotisserie Oven, Set and forget it. Took about a month to find "The Spot" and hasn't moved since. Seat backs have decent side bolstering that doesn't pinch you so to speak. Happy with the seat comfort but not the scratchy "Denim Like" fabric.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I feel the driver seat could use some more bolstering on the left leg. And I'm a small guy. Might have the local upholstery shop take a stab at it. I

Sponsored

OP
OP
CGVagabond

CGVagabond

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota (Cactus Grey Man on the way)
From reading through threads about seat covers as well as this one, I'm not the only one who finds the driver's seat less than ideal while others think they're great. So there appears to be some variance in the seats or our asses or both :ROFLMAO:

I'll probably check into the Cover Kings first. They look pretty good and, compared to the Katzkins, reasonably priced.

pauldonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seeing references from some on getting an upholstery shop to add some foam. Problem is these shops likely won’t touch them because of the air bags. I have a small tear in my cover and no one will fix it; only a full replacement for that reason.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do know that the seats in the Mav are more comfortable to me than those in my wife's Camry. Less road noise also.
Sounds good to me... Been driving a 2017 Camry SE on 200 mile weekend trips for 6 years and at trips end, I'm really ready to exit the car due to discomfort and I'm 5'11" and 188 lbs so fairly average in size.😉

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Adding some foam to the cloth seats would probably not be a bad idea. My cloth seats are doing the bunching thing in the corner some folks were complaining about a while ago, so adding some foam would probably fill that out and remove the creasing.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man, everyone who sits in my truck thinks it's super comfy!! I feel like I'm sitting in a lazyboy every time I drive it.

At said, there are some seat covers that have thinker padding built into them. Not sure they have them for the Mav yet but worth a look

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cloth is a disaster in any regards to being kept clean / stain free. Good luck-
The cloth itself is simple to clean. The problem is if the spill soaks into the underlying foam. Then fi you use an upholstery cleaner to spray stuff on the stain, it soaks through and brings more of the junk up into the cloth.

Ask me how I know. 😭

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The cloth itself is simple to clean. The problem is if the spill soaks into the underlying foam. Then fi you use an upholstery cleaner to spray stuff on the stain, it soaks through and brings more of the junk up into the cloth.

Ask me how I know. 😭
Cloth in our I3 with the built in ridiculously sensitive to moisture electronic sensors are quite a buzz kill. Cloth does stay cooler and you won't stick to it but will absorb soda spills, rain, hot wing sauce and snow melt for those that partake in winter activities - I noticed the Ranger has 3 seat covering choices- The Mav should have also gotten that Honda element type material but oh well great rig regardless -
Sponsored