Sponsored

Unable to modify existing hybrid order placed July 14, not scheduled for build yet.

maxpaine1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Hi Folks,

Anyone aware of an issue with not being able to modify an existing hybrid order? I'm wanting to change my trim level from XLT to Lariat however the dealer stated they got an error from the system when they attempted to.

It's not yet scheduled for build date so I'm not sure why there is an issue. The reason they gave me...

"because it's a Hybrid, they are already balanced out, so no changes or cancelations are possible"
Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pure speculation but on its face it sounds as if the ordering system is glitched (would hardly be a first). Likely only a skeleton crew on duty for the holiday so there could be added delay until Ford's IT techs replace the hamster powering it.

OP
OP

maxpaine1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Pure speculation but on its face it sounds as if the ordering system is glitched (would hardly be a first). Likely only a skeleton crew on duty for the holiday so there could be added delay until Ford's IT techs replace the hamster powering it.
I hope it was just a glitch, I'll check with them early next week to see if they can try it again.

OP
OP

maxpaine1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
I believe you can still change it unless it is a priority 2.

Fordvideoguy’s weekly video Wednesday spoke of it.

It is at a priority 2 but not scheduled for build yet so I was really hoping the trim level could be changed...

Sponsored

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is at a priority 2 but not scheduled for build yet so I was really hoping the trim level could be changed...
Can't be changed if at priority 2.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The order cannot be changed once it's at priority 2, also known as previewing. Unless someone at the dealership is on very good terms with the Ford regional manager and you are on very good terms with that someone at the dealership. And if changed will probably lose that priority 2.

You ordered back in July and now want to change the order in November? Probably not going to happen unless your brother-in-law or some other close relative owns the dealership.
Sponsored