First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only major haul has been moving my daughter out of her apartment back to my house. Now have two women in the house and need more out of the home hobbies. :whistle:

Will be looking for an 8 x 5 trailer to move her out. Then a happy dance. :D
Sponsored

millertyme15

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano, Chrysler 200, Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am doing both, towing and hauling. I have a 5X8 Carry On Utility trailer for towing w 1,625 lb load capacity... So this trailer is perfect pairing with my Maverick.

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've towed and hauled many times with my Maverick Hybrid - once I had 800# of bagged stone in my lawn trailer and 800# in the bed of the truck that I towed/hauled home from Home Depot
Towed the same lawn trailer from Florida to South Carolina full of household items and the bed of the truck was also full, an 8 hour trip at highway speed with no issues (got close to 20 mpg average on the trip)

IMG_1788.jpg
Wow that weight really taxed the rear suspension. Thought it could carry 1400 lbs?

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will never tow, but will haul probably a significant portion of the mileage.
Frequent trips to the dump, Lowes, etc.
Regular bicycles, motorcycles and camping trips.

Most of the drives will be with no hauling, but they are daily 1.2 miles round trip to the kiddos school.

Sponsored

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow that weight really taxed the rear suspension. Thought it could carry 1400 lbs?
Got to remember he stated 800 in bed and 800 in trailer. So with tongue weight of trailer on the very tail end of the Maverick got to be like loading at least 1000 in the bed.

Tterrag

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mav XLT Cyber BAP ECO (Shipped!)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hauling for sure (lumber/materials/objects). Towing is a maybe, but it's nice to have that as a possibility if/when the need arises.

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got to remember he stated 800 in bed and 800 in trailer. So with tongue weight of trailer on the very tail end of the Maverick got to be like loading at least 1000 in the bed.
Maybe I'm not seeing it right with the shadow under it, but of it's at 1,000 lbs, another 400 would make the bumper drag on the ground!

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the mav for the potential to doing things I don't ordinarily do.

Won't need AWD until I do. Won't need the bed to haul stuff until I do. Won't need the hitch to tow until I do.

Mostly, it's a daily driver but it sure was handy to help my son move into his apartment and to move couches around for my daughter.

SaltyDog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 XLT AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Survey data from vehicle research firm Strategic Vision shows a third of today’s pickup owners rarely or never use their truck for hauling, while two-thirds rarely or never use it for towing.
source AXIOS Article is focused on big trucks, not compact trucks like Maverick.

Will you actually
Survey data from vehicle research firm Strategic Vision shows a third of today’s pickup owners rarely or never use their truck for hauling, while two-thirds rarely or never use it for towing.
source AXIOS Article is focused on big trucks, not compact trucks like Maverick.

Will you actually use your truck for hauling and towing?
I tow all week long with my 2.0 AWD 4K. It’s great!
Ford Maverick Two thirds of truck owners don't tow, one third truck owners don't haul 7E29910D-0815-4006-AB85-C2D9183AA93F

Sponsored

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe I'm not seeing it right with the shadow under it, but of it's at 1,000 lbs, another 400 would make the bumper drag on the ground!
That’s just my guess 1000 lbs. and being on very back like that It would push the back of the truck down more than if it was in front of the back wheels. That’s why you see trucks with 5th wheels the hitch point is in front of rear wheels so it distributes the weight more evenly front to back. When it load something heavy in my truck I always try to place it in front of the rear wheels. Of course in a Maverick you’d have to almost put it in the back seat.

Transplant

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably a little under 2000 pounds of boat and the Maverick barely notices it when towing (although fuel economy does suffer slightly). The boat and trailer are properly balanced which likely makes the biggest difference anytime you’re towing anything. I bought the Maverick specifically for this purpose, it’s the cheapest vehicle on the market that could handle 2000 lbs or so of boat when I get it fully loaded with fishing gear.

Ford Maverick Two thirds of truck owners don't tow, one third truck owners don't haul 4B9ADD19-520C-4A5B-92D6-DD172FEC1F88

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really like that color. I tried to find one that color but had to settle for cactus gray.
Sponsored