First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took my truck to Don Hinds Ford in Fishers Indiana and had the software update done.. In and out in less than 2 hours. Invoice states that ABS and SOBDM-C modules were updated. BECM was current.. It does seem like the braking behavior is different at the slow speeds under 7mph, but we shall see in time..
Sponsored

Hybrid Nut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We're just moving from exceptional drought to unusually dry. (No really)

Watershed storage was at like 25% and each storm adds about 5% relief. A definite step in the right direction.

I so want to get the brakes fixed and oil
changed and air bags in the same visit. But I'm only driving one tank (700 miles) per month so my oil's a little "fresh" to discard it right now.

I swear on all things holy the brakes are WORSE in wet weather and we've had our fair share lately. Like 17 wet days out of the past 20 or something close.
šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøDecisions decisions.
I noticed same thing. If its been raining or streets are wet the grabby brakes are MUCH more noticable.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi,
I took it to Capitol Ford near 87. Zaki was the service advisor who helped me. Really cool and nice guy. I was the first one to bring in with the issue. Just make sure to print out the TSB. I think they are awared of it now. He tested and it surprised the heck out of him. It was supposed to be within a day but it ended up overnight because of the check engine light was on and they had to drain the battery. It has been good so far.
That day, I brought in for 5k oil change, alignment, and the TSB.. so 3 things. They promised the same day but the check engine came up at the end of the day so I had to wait for next day to pick up.
Smart move, not all dealers are aware which surprises me

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I printed and gave them a copy of the TSB and they still told me it would be several days before i could get the truck back. Total incompetence.

Rod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Youā€™ve completely confused me. This thread is regarding the brake grab issue. There is no CEL/MIL associated with it..Part of the TSB addresses a EGR issue and I wish Ford would not have combined the 2 symptoms into one TSM..Did you have both the grabby brake issue and the EGR sensor issue?

Sponsored

NeedForSteve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Fusion 2.3; 2023 HPR XLT EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you all are frustrated by "techs" not knowing how to read a TSB properly, don't feel bad. When you're the tech that has to fix someone else's comeback it gets pretty old too.

That TSB is not hard to read or understand. They literally number the steps :LOL:. Also, "AND/Or" recalls are fairly common from Ford. The early 3.5 Ecoboost timing chain TSB's come to mind; ex. "DTC so-and-so and/or noise from front of engine on start-up". The DTC didn't have to be there. Hear a metallic noise from the timing cover on start-up? Replace the VCT units and timing chains. Simple.

That being said, I've witnessed a dealer hire a guy who claimed to be a Master Tech and let him tear an EcoSport engine down to the crank before they realized he couldn't read. At all. No idea how to read the WSM to put the thing back together.

If they can't figure out how to read the TSB properly, don't go back. Go somewhere else because they will probably give your truck right back to that same guy.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, lucky me. As I was rolling through Costco parking lot today and lo and behold felt a couple of major clunking coming from under the truck as I was inching forward to look for a spot. I thought something broke. Good thing I read about it on here otherwise I would panic and called the dealer to complain. Well, the joy and pain of owning the hybrid.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, lucky me. As I was rolling through Costco parking lot today and lo and behold felt a couple of major clunking coming from under the truck as I was inching forward to look for a spot. I thought something broke. Good thing I read about it on here otherwise I would panic and called the dealer to complain. Well, the joy and pain of owning the hybrid.
Got the TSB done and thankfully the "clunk" is gone. For those that have not experienced it, I would say it is quite unsettling!

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Youā€™ve completely confused me. This thread is regarding the brake grab issue. There is no CEL/MIL associated with it..Part of the TSB addresses a EGR issue and I wish Ford would not have combined the 2 symptoms into one TSM..Did you have both the grabby brake issue and the EGR sensor issue?
Sorry you get confused easily.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got the TSB done and thankfully the "clunk" is gone. For those that have not experienced it, I would say it is quite unsettling!
Many who have gotten it taken care of still have a slight issue.

Sponsored

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many who have gotten it taken care of still have a slight issue.
Yes, not what I would call completely resolved but still a great improvement.

Rod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 1,000 miles the truck is back to its old antics 100%. It's like the software fix "wears off" or expires.
Dang, sorry to hear this..Just had mine done yesterday. So, youā€™ve experienced the hesitation/grabbing and the loud clunk?

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 1,000 miles the truck is back to its old antics 100%. It's like the software fix "wears off" or expires.
Based on your experience I think Iā€™m gonna skip out on this TSB until it becomes a recall. BTW, got a ā€˜we canā€™t do nothingā€™ phone call from Ford customer service last night about my experience with the dealership service dept. What a waste of time they didnā€™t even know about the TSB and pretty much we donā€™t control the dealership. Iā€™m done with Ford and the dealership. Will wait this thing out until they put more serious effort in resolving this issue.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ā€˜11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Resets after every Deep Sleep Mode:D
Sponsored