Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's like trying to get your dealer to look at the wire harness issue, it's like pulling teeth.
Yeah, I took my dealer a dead hybrid with TSB in hand and they ignored it. I've had the grabby brake issues since it was new too, but at least that won't leave me stranded. I wish one could simply make a service appointment, consult with an advisor regarding any applicable TSB or other issues, and get a GENUINE EFFORT AT RESOLVING THE PROBLEM!
Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
[Note: Edited to correct my terminology. I kept saying "AutoStop" when I meant "AutoHold."]

The following is NOT a fix, by any means, but a possible work-around...

I have a hybrid, but have experienced a similar, yet slightly different issue than the one you're discussing. I was having some trouble parking my Maverick in the garage, using a "bump stop" to prevent pulling too far in... I would often stop short of that bumper, and then it would be very difficult to ease forward 3-4 inches because "AutoStop" "AutoHold" would engage. Releasing AutoStop AutoHold requires a bit of throttle application, which would usually cause the truck to lurch forward a bit. Applying the brakes to prevent "bashing" the bumper stop would definitely cause the truck to "lurch"...

With the help of others on this forum, I finally realized that turning off the AutoStop AutoHold using the button at the back right of the center console – the one with an icon of a hand inside parentheses, like this (✋) – makes it MUCH easier to ease forward without lurching. It also makes it easier to come to a smooth stop when driving on the road. I've started turning that feature off in stop-and-go traffic when I'm not using the Adaptive Cruise Control. As I said - not a fix, but a possible work-around.
This is interesting. I saw your post today and on the way home I decided to play with the Auto Hold function. I had never used it, so it has always been OFF. I hit the button and turned it on, and I experienced the opposite of what you are saying. With Auto Hold ON, I noticed a huge improvement with the brakes. Thanks for bringing this up! I will keep testing. Other folks with hybrids should experiment with turning it on and see if they notice what I noticed.

Taluz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I took my dealer a dead hybrid with TSB in hand and they ignored it. I've had the grabby brake issues since it was new too, but at least that won't leave me stranded. I wish one could simply make a service appointment, consult with an advisor regarding any applicable TSB or other issues, and get a GENUINE EFFORT AT RESOLVING THE PROBLEM!
I just had mine done Friday, I scheduled the appointment online and wrote a note that my brakes grab under 6mph and wrote the TSB number.
When I got there I left a printed copy of the TSB on the seat and told the advisor about it as well.

When I picked up the truck I immediately noticed the difference, it drives\brakes completely different.. like others said its about %90 better but still not as smooth braking as other cars I've owned including hybrids. at least no more clunk noise or rough braking - mine was doing that every time I hit the brakes since the first day I got it so major improvement..

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everything depends on the dealer

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
anyone else having this done? doesn't seem like a whole lot of feedback based on the amount of posts. I have an appointment coming up in a few days and want to confirm if it actually fixes the issue. The dealership doesn't seem too competent or knowledgeable about this TSB. Don't want to waste my time waiting for them to figure out how to do the TSB as I can live with the grabby brakes until they get more concrete resolution to this issue.

Sponsored

Rod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an appointment this Friday. The dealer had no idea about this issue but what they lack in knowledge or experience, they make up for in enthusiasm. They’ve read up on the problem and are excited to get their hands on my truck. Not sure if this is a positive or not.

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an appointment this Friday. The dealer had no idea about this issue but what they lack in knowledge or experience, they make up for in enthusiasm. They’ve read up on the problem and are excited to get their hands on my truck. Not sure if this is a positive or not.
Sounds like they are itching for a joy ride. Note your mileage when you drop it off 😂

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
anyone else having this done? doesn't seem like a whole lot of feedback based on the amount of posts. I have an appointment coming up in a few days and want to confirm if it actually fixes the issue. The dealership doesn't seem too competent or knowledgeable about this TSB. Don't want to waste my time waiting for them to figure out how to do the TSB as I can live with the grabby brakes until they get more concrete resolution to this issue.
The TSB has not been out that long. Probably some have not been able to get scheduled right away. In my case, had it done and is much better. Braking is 90% better than before and the "clunk" is gone. Get it done.

VBMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theveteranscheck.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevy Sonic; 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The TSB has not been out that long. Probably some have not been able to get scheduled right away. In my case, had it done and is much better. Braking is 90% better than before and the "clunk" is gone. Get it done.
It took two trips to the dealer to get the brake update done but there is a big difference since the software update was applied.

Hybrid Nut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It took two trips to the dealer to get the brake update done but there is a big difference since the software update was applied.
Good to here the update helps the grabby brake problem. I mentioned to my dealer that i had the grabby brake problem and told them the TSB number and they said they would get back to me about an appointment to get it done. But havent heard from them since.?? I just got my Maverick in Nov and thought perhaps it wouldnt have the problem and was hoping Ford already fixed the issue on the newer builds but evidently not. It can be real grabby at times.and almost dangerous if your in stop and go traffic.

Sponsored

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like they are itching for a joy ride. Note your mileage when you drop it off 😂
Mine doesn’t want to do it. I am taking it there anyway. They never heard of the TSB, and when they read it, didn’t get it. If they don’t get it done, I will take it to another dealer.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why two?

VBMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theveteranscheck.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevy Sonic; 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because it wasn't three!
No seriously, I had taken it in a few weeks ago complaining about the brakes. This was after I had read in this website about others having the same problem and there was a TSB about to come out by Dec. 1. The result of my trip was "no problem found". I later realized that the TSB wasn't released when originally predicted and the dealer didn't really have anything to go on other than my complaint. I took a printed copy of the TSB with me on the second trip and they took care of the problem! :)

Rockingchair

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took my March 22 Hybrid to the dealer on Monday for service and updates. I gave them the TSB# (which they could not find til I supplied the info). They said it made no difference to the braking and unfortunately I have to agree. They wanted to schedule another appointment two days later to diagnose and research the problem and keep it for 2-4 weeks until they can complete the repair. I declined as I also brought in at the same time my F150 that they had not repaired to my satisfaction after having it since Nov 8. A rabbit had done $2950 damage under the hood and they didn't repair all the damage that the quote said that they would, They treat us well but too many comebacks and too many weeks with the pickup just sitting on the lot waiting for repairs after the parts arrived.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Surprised California hasn’t floated away! I guess they won’t be whining about drought for awhile.
We're just moving from exceptional drought to unusually dry. (No really)

Watershed storage was at like 25% and each storm adds about 5% relief. A definite step in the right direction.

I so want to get the brakes fixed and oil
changed and air bags in the same visit. But I'm only driving one tank (700 miles) per month so my oil's a little "fresh" to discard it right now.

I swear on all things holy the brakes are WORSE in wet weather and we've had our fair share lately. Like 17 wet days out of the past 20 or something close.
🤷🏻‍♂️Decisions decisions.
Sponsored