Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
After 1,000 miles the truck is back to its old antics 100%. It's like the software fix "wears off" or expires.
Good morning! This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have. If you can send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info, I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good morning! This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have. If you can send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info, I can look into things on my end.
There are many who are having this issue....

Rod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had my Maverick not since March, the only time the brake issue happens for me is when I'm in a drive thru of a fast food place. Never driving on the road. I don't think Ford has a complete fix for the TSB and if a dealer stated to me, "the TSB "you gave me" has confusing wording," I would be looking for another Ford dealer.
If you’ve read the TSB, you’d know that it is poorly written and combines completely disparate symptoms. This in itself creates confusion for most of us. But as you’ve previously chastised me for being easily confused, it’s probably just me..

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are you a live human or a Bot?

Noticed the reply, with 3 variations is always the same.

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Should we start an NHTSA complaint to try to get a recall for this issue? I get that its not as dangerous as the wiring harness issue, but it could lead to someone rear ending you if they're not paying attention possibly? IDK but I've had this issue since day 1 and it defenitly frightens any passengers I have in the car lol

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

it's a human but they can't do anything other than creating a case number and documenting your complaint. I got a 'good for nothing' phone call after they took down my info. "So sorry but we can't control the dealership's incompetence. You could always try another dealership for your service needs". Lame!!!!

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Should we start an NHTSA complaint to try to get a recall for this issue? I get that its not as dangerous as the wiring harness issue, but it could lead to someone rear ending you if they're not paying attention possibly? IDK but I've had this issue since day 1 and it defenitly frightens any passengers I have in the car lol
At first I thought it was an over-blown no biggie "problem" I could live with.

3,000 miles later I'm realizing I don't want to "live with it" and we all probably shouldn't.

On the downslope of a parking garage, nightmare.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
you can always submit a complaint to NHTSA about the brakes issue

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

It's a basic customer service script, standard practice... What else do you expect them to say? Doesn't mean they're a bot.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any time you feel you have a concern with the safety of a vehicle. you're welcome to file that with NHTSA. Why not? The only way they can tell if something is an issue is if enough people report it.

In other words, everyone who is concerned, yes, let NHTSA know, about this or anything else. That's why we pay them.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you’ve read the TSB, you’d know that it is poorly written and combines completely disparate symptoms. This in itself creates confusion for most of us. But as you’ve previously chastised me for being easily confused, it’s probably just me..
I have, and the dealer should call Ford for clarification. I always get phone calls from Nurses wanting clarification on orders I have written. But your dealership is just lazy.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TSB 22-2493. Service sad it had to have the code, will not apply warranty service without it. Are they wrong?

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TSB 22-2493. Service sad it had to have the code, will not apply warranty service without it. Are they wrong?
They could do whatever they want but when shit happens you could sue. Talk to the manager or go elsewhere. Dealerships are lazy these days.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No sue needed they said it will, cost them.. but they will do it. Lol, Ford Customer Service never acted so fast. Thanks Crystal @FCS.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truck already spent two days at service, and they want it back for another two related to 12v wiring harness replacement.
Sponsored