Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dang, sorry to hear this..Just had mine done yesterday. So, you’ve experienced the hesitation/grabbing and the loud clunk?
Countless times. Spent the day yesterday in stop and go traffic and its just as bad as it ever was before the software update. It has just gradually gotten back to its original behavior.
Sponsored

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 1,000 miles the truck is back to its old antics 100%. It's like the software fix "wears off" or expires.
Seriously?

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So the Maverick went to the doctor's on Thursday to have a couple of issues dealt with.

The first was the TSB dealing with the brakes. They performed the required magic and the problem seems to have subsided. Also noticed that the "shudder" when going from gas to electric was not as prevalent as it had become.

The other issue was the passive entry system had stopped working on the passenger side. My wife noticed it first...the door wouldn't unlock when she tried to open it. She thought that perhaps the key fob battery was dead. But since it wouldn't work for me either...locking or unlocking...I figured there was a problem. The locking/unlocking on the driver's side door handle worked fine. I added it to the list.
Of course, the Tech said he could not duplicate the problem...both door handles worked as they should. Perhaps when they did the fix on the brakes it reset something.

The truck was dropped off at 10:30 Thursday morning...since they expected the door lock situation to require some research I was provided with a loaner. At 5:30 service called to say they'd hit a snag...could they keep it overnight? Since I had the loaner I said, sure. Friday morning at 9:30 they called and said the truck was ready.

Everything seems fine now.
They recently renovated the waiting area...there are no longer any windows looking out into the service area.
I think this is so no one will see the electronic wizards out there with their snakes, beads, and wooden idols...

Oh yes, I also learned that I'm glad we didn't buy an new Escape...

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, lucky me. As I was rolling through Costco parking lot today and lo and behold felt a couple of major clunking coming from under the truck as I was inching forward to look for a spot. I thought something broke. Good thing I read about it on here otherwise I would panic and called the dealer to complain. Well, the joy and pain of owning the hybrid.
So the Maverick went to the doctor's on Thursday to have a couple of issues dealt with.

The first was the TSB dealing with the brakes. They performed the required magic and the problem seems to have subsided. Also noticed that the "shudder" when going from gas to electric was not as prevalent as it had become.

The other issue was the passive entry system had stopped working on the passenger side. My wife noticed it first...the door wouldn't unlock when she tried to open it. She thought that perhaps the key fob battery was dead. But since it wouldn't work for me either...locking or unlocking...I figured there was a problem. The locking/unlocking on the driver's side door handle worked fine. I added it to the list.
Of course, the Tech said he could not duplicate the problem...both door handles worked as they should. Perhaps when they did the fix on the brakes it reset something.

The truck was dropped off at 10:30 Thursday morning...since they expected the door lock situation to require some research I was provided with a loaner. At 5:30 service called to say they'd hit a snag...could they keep it overnight? Since I had the loaner I said, sure. Friday morning at 9:30 they called and said the truck was ready.

Everything seems fine now.
They recently renovated the waiting area...there are no longer any windows looking out into the service area.
I think this is so no one will see the electronic wizards out there with their snakes, beads, and wooden idols...

Oh yes, I also learned that I'm glad we didn't buy an new Escape...
Mine goes in Monday for the TSB and the airbag recall. We shall see if they get it done right.

Sponsored

Irvinec32

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got the service done at the local Ford. DEFINITELY come with a printed TSB. They had no idea what I was talking about even when I put the TSB number in my service request. He thought I was trying to tell him my brakes don't work at low speeds!? Come on!!! So I handed him the document, he read it for a while and said "ok, we will take care of it (no really confident looking)." Estimates done by lunch. GREAT! Calls me at 4:30 and says the TSB "you gave me" has confusing wording, so we will need to work on it tomorrow. WTH?! Fine, I pick it up the next evening felt great for the first portion of my drive but.....bam! grippy brakes at one intersection. Drives fine for a while, bam grippy and the "clunk." So.... it works about 80% of the time. 20% still the same...... Better than no improvement.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got the service done at the local Ford. DEFINITELY come with a printed TSB. They had no idea what I was talking about even when I put the TSB number in my service request. He thought I was trying to tell him my brakes don't work at low speeds!? Come on!!! So I handed him the document, he read it for a while and said "ok, we will take care of it (no really confident looking)." Estimates done by lunch. GREAT! Calls me at 4:30 and says the TSB "you gave me" has confusing wording, so we will need to work on it tomorrow. WTH?! Fine, I pick it up the next evening felt great for the first portion of my drive but.....bam! grippy brakes at one intersection. Drives fine for a while, bam grippy and the "clunk." So.... it works about 80% of the time. 20% still the same...... Better than no improvement.
They probably messed it up and didn't do it right. This is another case that convinces me to not get the TSB done in addition to OP's experience (post service).

Cad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They probably messed it up and didn't do it right. This is another case that convinces me to not get the TSB done in addition to OP's experience (post service).
Great, I’m going in 2 weeks for mine and not looking forward to it now. Did the engine fire recall this week and they said I was their 1st one for the hybrid engine fire recall. They did find the TSB for the brakes in the system, but didn’t have time to do it then. They’re keeping it for the day and getting a loaner ready. Decent size dealer and they actually called some of their sister ford dealers and spoke with their technicians. Apparently taking the other 2 tries to get the truck to accept the update.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Deep sleep mode disables the passenger intelligent access. If they put it on a battery charger (as the TSB instructs) while programming they wouldn't have been able to replicate it.

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

After 1,000 miles the truck is back to its old antics 100%. It's like the software fix "wears off" or expires.
Oh shit!

Tell me it isn't so! Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope!

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How do I get on the troubleshooting and fix it team? I know what one way to fix this is, and Ford did not take that route.

When I first got the truck, I was surprised regen occurs down to 3 mph.
Prior generations cut off regen at 6 (maybe 6.7mph / 10 km/h).

Seems Ford is also confused themselves when the TSB is worded "at below 6.7 mph". This is incorrect. If you monitor closely enough, it is at EXACTLY 3 MPH at exactly the point regen stops and friction takes over.

The #1 change I would make is:

RAISE THE TRANSITION POINT to at least 6.7 MPH if not 7 or 8 MPH.

This will FOR SURE HELP by 90% if not sure the symptoms all together.

It's part physics and part logistics.

Physics: more kinetic energy at 8 mph means less dramatic "grabs" with the same force.

Logistics: how much parking lot, garage creeping do you do at 3 mph? A LOT.
How much "creeping" do you do at 8 mph? LITTLE. Probably 90% less, so opportunities for grab will come up much less often. 💡

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had mine done this while having both recalls done and few other things

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've had my Maverick not since March, the only time the brake issue happens for me is when I'm in a drive thru of a fast food place. Never driving on the road. I don't think Ford has a complete fix for the TSB and if a dealer stated to me, "the TSB "you gave me" has confusing wording," I would be looking for another Ford dealer.
Sponsored