Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, unfortunately the Sentry only has one "locking" tab in the middle of the cover to go along with the secured attachment points on the end. It's the only reason I chose to go with the BAK X4S instead since the entire side on both sides locks in when the cover is secured. Otherwise I liked the Sentry better for a number of reasons but living in the DC area there are too many crackheads.

As for OPs comments on the X4S, I live in VIrginia and had zero issues with it being too hot in the summer. They upgraded it with a really nice rubber track system to use to roll it up and it's so much better than the old cloth system the still use on maybe the X4? As for winter, I wash mine once every couple of weeks and it's water tight and no issues at all with anything freezing as I keep stuff in my bed and I'm in there almost every time I drive it. I think OP has experience with the X4 from the sounds of things, not the X4S
You're correct that I don't have experience with the x4s but I have experience with the mx4 and the x4. Several of both in fact. They all had QC issues. So that alone made me look at the Truxedo. I also used my cover yea round but Rain in the winter and cold overnight temps will cause water to get to the track because the seals weren't good. Maybe the x4s is better, idk. Track recors tells me I'm doing okay with fit and finish of the truxedo though.
Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I purchased the Truxedo Sentry CT from forum sponsor Real Truck. Called on the phone, spoke with a nice gentleman. Gave me a member discount from MTC and in three days it was at my door. I hadnā€™t even had the Maverick yet. Thatā€™s great service. Fast forward to me now having the Maverick for a few days and the pile of mods are getting done.

The install was a breeze. Installed weather stripping. Unpacked rails and placed each one on the correct side and only lightly tightened the rear clamp. That allowed me to make sure the rail was placed correctly on each side. I then got into the bed and clamped the front and middle on both sides, followed by tightening down the rear clamp. I was able to grab the cover, place it in the bed while I removed the wrapping. I placed the cover on the bed rails and lined up the bolt head that goes into the holes in the rail. I then made sure the hook loops were by each side (they were more to the middle) and finalized the install by sliding the lock on the bottom. Now the easiest way I found was to push up on the rail a little to be able to slide the lock over.

I then rolled out the cover for complete test fit and it was all good. The tailgate closed hit the rubber bump stop and the rubber flap covers the top of the tailgate. All in all, the install was 45 minutes by myself using a 1/4ā€ ratchet and a 13mm (1/2ā€)!socket. I wiped down some dust from the cover top and snapped some pics. Would definitely do this again and deal with Real Truck again.
DCD8F155-709F-4C5A-9AA7-68D0891CB3CF.jpeg
Love how flat it is and doesn't stick up in the air like my Ford Branded soft cover.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're correct that I don't have experience with the x4s but I have experience with the mx4 and the x4. Several of both in fact. They all had QC issues. So that alone made me look at the Truxedo. I also used my cover yea round but Rain in the winter and cold overnight temps will cause water to get to the track because the seals weren't good. Maybe the x4s is better, idk. Track recors tells me I'm doing okay with fit and finish of the truxedo though.
They corrected a lot of things with the x4s. I like the truxedo brand overall better but between the two the x4s wins in quite a few categories in my opinion. I went back and forth a lot between these two but every review I've seen for the x4s remarked how significant of an improvement it is over the x4. Just wanted to provide this info for anyone else also considering both because from what I researched, basing a purchase on the x4 vs the x4s is a mistake.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think the CT and X4S are very comparable, with some small differences. In the end I went with the CT bc there was more feedback on fitment issues with the X4S from forum members.

OP
OP
Bry@n

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s opinion on the BAK X4s vs TruXedo Sentry CT?
I just ordered the X4s but donā€™t have it yet. I wasnā€™t crazy about the Velcro down the side of the sentry. I have a friend that has the X4s on his full size Chevy and he really likes it

OP
OP
Bry@n

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just ordered the X4s but donā€™t have it yet. I wasnā€™t crazy about the Velcro down the side of the sentry. I have a friend that has the X4s on his full size Chevy and he really likes it
Please share pics here if you can. I wasn't aware of the x4s, but due to past experience stayed away from BakFlip. However, it could help somebody else and I still have another Maverick on order that I am waiting for.

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please share pics here if you can. I wasn't aware of the x4s, but due to past experience stayed away from BakFlip. However, it could help somebody else and I still have another Maverick on order that I am waiting for.
I will once everything gets here. This is also for my truck on order due in April. My current maverick has the ford soft folding cover, and Iā€™m not super impressed with it

OP
OP
Bry@n

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I will once everything gets here. This is also for my truck on order due in April. My current maverick has the ford soft folding cover, and Iā€™m not super impressed with it
I'm sure you could get some decent $$ out of the soft cover. I've learned that accessories bought through Ford when purchasing don't translate to $$ when trading. Only selling outright. So I remove most stuff unless the dealer specifically is givng me extra $$ for the part.

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had this cover on for 15 months now.

It works and looks new at this point - couldn't be happier with my choice. That is through 1.5 Minnesota winters as well. My pics are in my post history!

Cru_Jones

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat 2.0 EcoBoast AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went ahead and ordered the X4S. It arrived a few days ago, but itā€™s still boxed up.

The Velcro on the Sentry was a red flag for me, and a reputable online store recommended the X4S due to the locking system. Always mention youā€™re a member of the forum to see if you can get a discount. Mine was over $200 off.

My truck is being picked up today so I should have the Tonneau installed soon. Iā€™ll report back how it goes.

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went ahead and ordered the X4S. It arrived a few days ago, but itā€™s still boxed up.

The Velcro on the Sentry was a red flag for me, and a reputable online store recommended the X4S due to the locking system. Always mention youā€™re a member of the forum to see if you can get a discount. Mine was over $200 off.

My truck is being picked up today so I should have the Tonneau installed soon. Iā€™ll report back how it goes.
Rad movie fan? My cover is delivering Friday. Unfortunately the truck itā€™s going on wonā€™t be built till march

OP
OP
Bry@n

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm happy with the Sentry. Hope you like the x4s.

BiggieSmalls

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They said there was a price increase coming. You may want to reach out and get the cover first to save some $$. Just FYI. I believe the rep from Real Truck posted this info on MTC.
Looks awesome and exactly what Iā€™m going to get. Was there a code for the discount you used? Can you share that code plz? Iā€™m new at this forum but couldnā€™t seem to find it in search unless Iā€™m clueless. šŸ˜‘
Sponsored