Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am wondering how the textured finish will be able to stay clean looking?

I live on a dirt road and I can get pretty dusty in the summer when it is dry.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bry@n

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It’s very much similar up to a convertible. Same process to wash.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I purchased the Truxedo Sentry CT from forum sponsor Real Truck. Called on the phone, spoke with a nice gentleman. Gave me a member discount from MTC and in three days it was at my door. I hadn’t even had the Maverick yet. That’s great service. Fast forward to me now having the Maverick for a few days and the pile of mods are getting done.

The install was a breeze. Installed weather stripping. Unpacked rails and placed each one on the correct side and only lightly tightened the rear clamp. That allowed me to make sure the rail was placed correctly on each side. I then got into the bed and clamped the front and middle on both sides, followed by tightening down the rear clamp. I was able to grab the cover, place it in the bed while I removed the wrapping. I placed the cover on the bed rails and lined up the bolt head that goes into the holes in the rail. I then made sure the hook loops were by each side (they were more to the middle) and finalized the install by sliding the lock on the bottom. Now the easiest way I found was to push up on the rail a little to be able to slide the lock over.

I then rolled out the cover for complete test fit and it was all good. The tailgate closed hit the rubber bump stop and the rubber flap covers the top of the tailgate. All in all, the install was 45 minutes by myself using a 1/4” ratchet and a 13mm (1/2”)!socket. I wiped down some dust from the cover top and snapped some pics. Would definitely do this again and deal with Real Truck again.
DCD8F155-709F-4C5A-9AA7-68D0891CB3CF.jpeg
E4B59DDC-804B-4C74-896F-4519BF00EC3A.jpeg
EAA000FD-5790-4E0A-AA18-79E920A420AF.jpeg
A005B36F-31CA-4015-B8E3-B54A5AC96A9F.jpeg
It looks great!

Two questions:

1. With the tailgate closed can the tonneau cover be opened by someone pulling on it?

2. It looks thick and you might be able to cut it with a good knife, but how do you feel about it for durability?

Thank you.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I purchased the Truxedo Sentry CT from forum sponsor Real Truck. Called on the phone, spoke with a nice gentleman. Gave me a member discount from MTC and in three days it was at my door. I hadn’t even had the Maverick yet. That’s great service. Fast forward to me now having the Maverick for a few days and the pile of mods are getting done.

The install was a breeze. Installed weather stripping. Unpacked rails and placed each one on the correct side and only lightly tightened the rear clamp. That allowed me to make sure the rail was placed correctly on each side. I then got into the bed and clamped the front and middle on both sides, followed by tightening down the rear clamp. I was able to grab the cover, place it in the bed while I removed the wrapping. I placed the cover on the bed rails and lined up the bolt head that goes into the holes in the rail. I then made sure the hook loops were by each side (they were more to the middle) and finalized the install by sliding the lock on the bottom. Now the easiest way I found was to push up on the rail a little to be able to slide the lock over.

I then rolled out the cover for complete test fit and it was all good. The tailgate closed hit the rubber bump stop and the rubber flap covers the top of the tailgate. All in all, the install was 45 minutes by myself using a 1/4” ratchet and a 13mm (1/2”)!socket. I wiped down some dust from the cover top and snapped some pics. Would definitely do this again and deal with Real Truck again.
DCD8F155-709F-4C5A-9AA7-68D0891CB3CF.jpeg
E4B59DDC-804B-4C74-896F-4519BF00EC3A.jpeg
EAA000FD-5790-4E0A-AA18-79E920A420AF.jpeg
A005B36F-31CA-4015-B8E3-B54A5AC96A9F.jpeg
Great write up!

OP
OP
Bry@n

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It looks great!

Two questions:

1. With the tailgate closed can the tonneau cover be opened by someone pulling on it?

2. It looks thick and you might be able to cut it with a good knife, but how do you feel about it for durability?

Thank you.
1) anything is possibly with enough force. I did try pulling up on it and it didn’t budge.
2) it’s a hard cover underneath, so cutting will just get them to the hard surface.
This is really just taking away the crime of opportunity option. If somebody really wants in, they’ll get in.

Sponsored

Cru_Jones

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat 2.0 EcoBoast AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What’s everyone’s opinion on the BAK X4s vs TruXedo Sentry CT?

dragon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2019 GMC Acadia
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks nice. I am reading about different options for tonneau covers while I wait for my order.

Have you taken this through a car wash? Or are there other options that people have tried? I know they may not be water tight, but as long as that is allowed with a tonneau cover.

Rnmedic45

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 65 Galaxy ,2020 Spyder
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Am I the only 1 who can't get their site to work on my computer???

Sponsored

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

EngineeredDetails

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2016 Fusion, 2017 Explorer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have watched so many YouTube videos on each one trying to make a decision. The Sentry CT has velcro and isn't as low profile as the X4S. The X4S has interlocking tabs instead of velcro so it has a truer low profile look. For that reason I'm going X4S.

OP
OP
Bry@n

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have watched so many YouTube videos on each one trying to make a decision. The Sentry CT has velcro and isn't as low profile as the X4S. The X4S has interlocking tabs instead of velcro so it has a truer low profile look. For that reason I'm going X4S.
true but the water will freeze because backflips seal doesn’t seal well. Causing an issue for opening and closing
I found it to be garbage frankly. Hot as a mother in the summer when rolling up. Water gets into the track and causes issues in winter month opening and closing. Great looking product but QC wasn’t great and I sold it.
Can’t say the sentry ct is any better yet. Only been a few days.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It looks great!

Two questions:

Thank you.
Yes, unfortunately the Sentry only has one "locking" tab in the middle of the cover to go along with the secured attachment points on the end. It's the only reason I chose to go with the BAK X4S instead since the entire side on both sides locks in when the cover is secured. Otherwise I liked the Sentry better for a number of reasons but living in the DC area there are too many crackheads.

As for OPs comments on the X4S, I live in VIrginia and had zero issues with it being too hot in the summer. They upgraded it with a really nice rubber track system to use to roll it up and it's so much better than the old cloth system the still use on maybe the X4? As for winter, I wash mine once every couple of weeks and it's water tight and no issues at all with anything freezing as I keep stuff in my bed and I'm in there almost every time I drive it. I think OP has experience with the X4 from the sounds of things, not the X4S
Sponsored