Sponsored

Truxedo Sentry CT Hard Rollup Tonneau - Now with Pictures!

OP
OP
FlyingScot

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have my Maverick yet. You took so many pictures of the cover that I thought you would be happy to take more. My mistake. I've never had a tonneau cover. I wanted to know what it looks like when it's removed so I would have an idea if it's possible to break anything if I get a load of mulch dumped in the truck and would that break any tonneau parts.
It is the full bed yeah no pics will add one at some point. Same as any pic of a maverick you may see. The only difference of note may be the comparison between a bak Revolver. The back latch means no bed extender without interference on that. you can see the clearance in my pics.
Sponsored

Icanhazmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is the full bed yeah no pics will add one at some point. Same as any pic of a maverick you may see. The only difference of note may be the comparison between a bak Revolver. The back latch means no bed extender without interference on that. you can see the clearance in my pics.
To be clear, the X4S just isn't compatible with the flipping functionality of the bed extender. You can simply slide it out, flip it over, and pin it in when you need to use it.

I was sold on the Sentry CT because of the matte top that stays mostly clean, and because you can flip the bed extender easily into position. However, I found this video where the dude just lifts up on the edge of the Sentry CT and is able to gain access, both visually and he could probably reach a hand in there too, from the side. I understand none of these covers will be 100% secure, but I want it to at least keep prying eyes out.

The Bak X4S rails lock in each of the crossbars so you can't lift up on them from the edge.

Anyway, not trying to turn this into an X4S, I'm sort of working through the options myself and wanted to point out the bed extender still works on the X4S, just requires a little more effort.

The Sentry CT definitely is the best looking cover in my option. Its beautiful!

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very good review ! Your article and follow ups will make the purchase decision of my tonneau cover / bed cover much easier. Thank you !

RAMS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Sorento SX & 2007 Infiniti M35x
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great review, ordered from Real Truck in July. Maverick just arrived it was a quick 40 min install by myself and love the look of it. Seems pretty secure.

Ford Maverick Truxedo Sentry CT Hard Rollup Tonneau - Now with Pictures! 49CCD41B-2F43-4E3A-9457-280B2B50EC7C

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For those of you who still haven't made up your mind, let me share some rambling thoughts.

The look is great, no seams and no rubber flaps running down the sides, no tools required to remove/reinstall the cover, and no nuts, bolts or washers to lose.

I find the rear-view mirror useless with the cover rolled up the even though entire window I isn't blocked.

The side rails extended into the bed just far enough to make taking a bed divider in and out difficult. I ended up cutting an inch off the bottom of my divider.

I used a low-pressure high-volume hose to wash my Maverick and a blower to dry it. The tailgate had some water on it. However, the bed was dry. At the bulkhead there was a very small water track at each corner. When I installed my Sentry CT I made sure the bulkhead seal ran the full width, no paint showing at either ends and I squeezed RTV silicon sealant into the gap in the bed caps. I show a picture but there is nothing to see.

With just two weeks in, I would buy it again.

Sponsored

CaptainDDL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the recommendation! After doing a lot of research and seeing everyone else's thoughts about this cover, I ordered the Sentry CT last week before our planned road trip.

I ordered the cover on Monday afternoon - it arrived on Thursday, and I installed it the same day. I like the photo you included of the bulkhead seal's positioning. I initially installed it facing the wrong direction but was able to easily flip it around once I realized.

The install process was pretty quick, I finished in under 2 hours even with stopping to read and re-read the instructions, and consulting an install video on the proper rail positioning.

I've put it through 30 hours on the road so far at highway speeds, through heavy rain and gusty winds, and it's been wonderful - there's not much movement at all, and it kept everything dry and secure. I'm very pleased with my purchase, and would recommend it to others as well.

nhiggins

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To be clear, the X4S just isn't compatible with the flipping functionality of the bed extender. You can simply slide it out, flip it over, and pin it in when you need to use it.

I was sold on the Sentry CT because of the matte top that stays mostly clean, and because you can flip the bed extender easily into position. However, I found this video where the dude just lifts up on the edge of the Sentry CT and is able to gain access, both visually and he could probably reach a hand in there too, from the side. I understand none of these covers will be 100% secure, but I want it to at least keep prying eyes out.

The Bak X4S rails lock in each of the crossbars so you can't lift up on them from the edge.

Anyway, not trying to turn this into an X4S, I'm sort of working through the options myself and wanted to point out the bed extender still works on the X4S, just requires a little more effort.

The Sentry CT definitely is the best looking cover in my option. Its beautiful!
Trying to picture the function you describe with the x4s and a bed extender. To remove the bed extender requires it to be at a 45deg angle without flipping to that position how would you remove it?