Sponsored

Truxedo Sentry CT Hard Rollup Tonneau - Now with Pictures!

ob1ob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
FlyingScot

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which 303 protectant is best to use? The description on Amazon for the automotive protectant says “do not use on fabrics (canvas)” and I didn’t see any mention of use on fabric for the aerospace or marine protectants. Thanks.
303 Convertible Fabric Top Cleaning and Care Kit - Cleans And Protects Fabric Tops - Includes 303 Tonneau Cover And Convertible Top Cleaner 16 fl. oz. + 303 Fabric Guard 16 fl. oz., (30520) https://a.co/d/9LL5o7L

This is what I use on my S2000 top, and the fabric is the same. It is not canvas but note it is for all fabrics. Main thing is to protect from UV to keep color and add longevity. Lots of similar solutions. Check with Sentry don’t take my word - but the top is not old school canvas. Also good to protect stitching.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty secure, you need a pry bar to get in and work it - basically destroy it to get in. Maybe a coat hanger to grab the pull and pull it might work. About as good as it gets for anything but the diamond hard tonneau.
Love my Sentry CT as well - had it on since November and still looks brand new. I don't know what they treated that canvas with, but I wish the whole truck had some of it!

On the security side you're absolutely right. I figure that anyone that would even think of trying to get into this would probably just smash the truck window anyway - in other words someone that determined won't care one bit and take the easiest path, smash a window and unlock the bed with the door locks.

You'd look pretty dumb smashing aluminum over and over with a hammer or pry bar vs taking a quick swipe at a window.

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got mine yesterday. Maverick at dealership for the fire recall. Can't wait for installation.

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got mine installed with additional tailgate seal. Looks and works the waybI want it. Just hope the price was worth it.

Sponsored

Icanhazmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saw a post somewhere that said after awhile the Sentry CT didn’t have to be opened to close the tailgate. Something about the seals “learning” the fitment. Is this the case? The only hold up for me on this cover is the cover having to be open first to close the tailgate. That and the Velcro….Velcro seems like a PITA to have to tack down on both sides after you open the cover, and adds a dash of cheapness to a $1000 luxury product, imo - Velcro doesn’t scream quality to me.

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw a post somewhere that said after awhile the Sentry CT didn’t have to be opened to close the tailgate. Something about the seals “learning” the fitment. Is this the case? ... That and the Velcro…. seems like a PITA to have to tack down on both sides after you open the cover, ....
I was on the same page as you regarding both items. Despite these, I did end up ordering a Sentry CT and have no regrets. The cover is better suited to the "close tailgate first" method but as you (and the manual) say, the seal can be re-formed/trained to allow for closing the gate without opening the cover. However I don't think it is possible to pick and choose each time - you sort of need to pick a style and stick with it.

Velcro has not been an issue. I just run my hand over it and it's done. The bed is small enough that it has not been an ordeal for me. Once closed it's out of sight, out of mind.

OP
OP
FlyingScot

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw a post somewhere that said after awhile the Sentry CT didn’t have to be opened to close the tailgate. Something about the seals “learning” the fitment. Is this the case? The only hold up for me on this cover is the cover having to be open first to close the tailgate. That and the Velcro….Velcro seems like a PITA to have to tack down on both sides after you open the cover, and adds a dash of cheapness to a $1000 luxury product, imo - Velcro doesn’t scream quality to me.
As far as closing - maybe, but one of the strengths of this design is closing tailgate first then letting last roll with seal come down and lock. Makes it nicely water resistant. Just a compromise as to what you value.

Regarding the Velcro, I wondered too but after having I’m glad they did this. Only other option would be magnetic or nothing. I prefer the nice seal from the velcro - and because it is not exposed to the sun it does not “age” like Velcro on my boat Fabrics. As far As pressing down, it appears to seal itself pretty well when rolling back but yeah I run my hand to make sure. Very secure, keeps dust and water out and no movement. Overall a solid design decision IMHO.

SpaceyMac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick Lariat 360 2.5L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks FlyingScot for the write up. Do you have a pic of cover rolled up from the side? would like to see how close it sits to the cab and how much of the bed is covered.

Sponsored

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Where does one go to get this or any tonneau cover professionally installed?

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OP
OP
FlyingScot

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What does it look like in the truck bed with the cover disconnected?
Go outside. Look at your truck from behind. Focus on truck bed. Not trying to be an A** but pretty much exactly like that.

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Go outside. Look at your truck from behind. Focus on truck bed. Not trying to be an A** but pretty much exactly like that.
I don't have my Maverick yet. You took so many pictures of the cover that I thought you would be happy to take more. My mistake. I've never had a tonneau cover. I wanted to know what it looks like when it's removed so I would have an idea if it's possible to break anything if I get a load of mulch dumped in the truck and would that break any tonneau parts.
Sponsored