First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Things that can happen and are never spoken of. EPA can request a retest on any already certified vehicles. Once upon a time EPA asked for a retest on a 50K vehicle. Now these vehicle are in a secure lot. Hoods are locked and sealed, all this is documented, witness and signed off.
So after retrieving vehicle hood still locked and sealed. Was discoverd engine and transmission were missing.
OMG
Local police and company security went nuts.

Bottom line that particular drive train had to be retested for 50K miles. Delayed delivery.
Absolutely true. After I read this I went out and popped the hood on my 2013 Jeep. Same thing -- engine and transmission are missing. No idea when it happened because the Jeep still runs ok. Although, now that I think about it, it's a little quieter.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There have been some dealers telling their customers that hybrid vehicles are delayed and won't be available for 6-8 months. Some saying there are thermal issues.

I want everyone to know they are NOT correct.

Hybrid scheduling and production continues each week.

OKTB (okay to buy) is pending EPA testing.

Information straight from the Maverick team.
Hi Tim,
I like your youtube videos :) , very informative.
I am planning on ordering a Hybrid XLT tomorrow.
Are spray in bed liners and hard bed covers still delaying orders?
I am not ordering the luxury package. I spoke to another dealer salesman yesterday and he claimed no delays, about 15 week delivery.
After your EPA cert notice this seems unlikely. I'm in no rush, just would like to get my order in.
thanks
Rich

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, what is Ford doing selling vehicles that have not been EPA approved? Knowing that it is a requirement that EPA approves a vehicle, that should have been done long ago.

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, what is Ford doing selling vehicles that have not been EPA approved? Knowing that it is a requirement that EPA approves a vehicle, that should have been done long ago.
Ford hasn't sold any vehicles that aren't OKTB. That's literally why we're talking about this.

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Things that can happen and are never spoken of. EPA can request a retest on any already certified vehicles. Once upon a time EPA asked for a retest on a 50K vehicle. Now these vehicle are in a secure lot. Hoods are locked and sealed, all this is documented, witness and signed off.
So after retrieving vehicle hood still locked and sealed. Was discoverd engine and transmission were missing.
OMG
Local police and company security went nuts.

Bottom line that particular drive train had to be retested for 50K miles. Delayed delivery.
If it was a Citation, the explanation is simple and (from painful experience) very plausible -- the motor and transmission just fell out! 😭😂👍

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
What Maverick that doesn’t have EPA approval has been sold?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That would make sense, I would still like official word from Ford on it

So, if this is true, the only way Ford will say that there has been a delay is if no hybrid trucks get delivered before December 21? If one gets delivered on December 20 then the hybrid was available at launch?

Even if the launch is "slower or later than expected" for a majority of people, as long as at least one hybrid order is fulfilled by December 21 there has not been a delay. That's what we're saying?
As I understand the way of the Force, certain truths depend on your point of view. From one point of view, yes hybrids are delayed because they have not received the OKTB from Ford. Another point of view, no hybrids are not delayed because they are still being scheduled and built. Light side/Dark side, chose your path wisely. If Emperor Ford doesn't deliver a hybrid after Dec 20th then he is and his minion EPA are truly dark side, yet if they deliver before Dec 21st well they made it by "Fall" and the universe will be whole again and balance attained! 🙃🥳🤣

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What Maverick that doesn’t have EPA approval has been sold?
Sure are taking orders. Also seems like there are more than a few fan boys around here, making excuses for very poor conduct and communication by Ford. Work for Ford, maybe?

Last edited:
Sponsored

M.A.C.

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation
So let me get this straight. Ford has been making cars and trucks for over a hundred years and they haven’t been able to figure out how to to get the smallest truck they are building with already proven technologies certified by the EPA.

Sounds like some bull 💩 to me.

Please don’t lecture me on how it’s new tech, it’s not rocket science. Ford makes vehicles that are much more complicated to build.

Remember this was supposed to be an entry level small truck for the masses, cheap to build, cheap to buy, a NO BRAINER.

What about if Ford had actually been ready to sell the hybrid and they would have to build 60 to 70 percent of the orders, that would have been great for everyone wanting to get that $22,000.00 truck, but it wasn’t going to be great for Ford.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a theory…I hope is wrong..
But…..Ford sees Tesla get a million orders for a Cybertruck at $100 a pop. That is $100,000,000 without producing anything. Ford says cool idea. Announces a great idea for a truck, and make reservations for zero down. Ford gets 100,000 orders almost immediately. Investors say, hey Ford is on a roll, let’s invest. Stock prices should increase, and Ford execs, who get paid in large part in stock options, make a killing. While producing next to nothing, and stone wall customers who made reservations. Hope I am wrong, but after teaching marketing for years…seen it happen.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely true. After I read this I went out and popped the hood on my 2013 Jeep. Same thing -- engine and transmission are missing. No idea when it happened because the Jeep still runs ok. Although, now that I think about it, it's a little quieter.
Great news. Maybe with your vast knowledge of emission - F/E testing be it at Dearborn, Warren, Milford, Chelsa, (Denver, where all auto companies go foreign and domestic) or Ann Arbor where all EPA certification testing takes place. There are some stories you can share.

MaverickJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
There have been some dealers telling their customers that hybrid vehicles are delayed and won't be available for 6-8 months. Some saying there are thermal issues.

Hey Tim - will the Ford team give you any indication/estimate of when they'll have the EPA MPG numbers nailed down so the Hybrid can get "OK TO BUY" status???? Seems strange how long it's taking. ?? Makes you wonder if there's an issue? Thanks for all of your good info!

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no issues with 'negative comments' about the situation and the way you are writing this here is just fine...very adult like. What I take exception to is the spiraling that takes place centered around the conspiracy that Ford is doing a bait and switch for the purpose to sell more profitable 2.0L models. This somehow becomes 'truth' and the real reason.

The same folks that do this spiraling then yell 'fan boy' or even worse names at anyone that disagrees.

Discussions of all opinions should be welcomed and handled in a calm manner. It is, after all, an opinion that is being put forward and the response is also an opinion. One opinion is not 'right' and another 'wrong.' However, when knowledge is interjected in the conversation centered around 'feelings' it gets nasty.

For heavens sake we now have people making YouTube videos on the 'delay' and how Ford denies it but the 'forums' are filled with the truth of a conspiracy.

Sitting as an industry insider and watching the speculation on how things are launched is frustrating. Companies that supply vehicles are not in the business of NOT supplying vehicles yet the assumption immediately descends into how this was 'planned' by a greedy company. Any comments on how things actually happen and what may be going on from someone with experience is met with insults.

As a result I have curtailed my input and stay out of some threads entirely. The tech threads are mainly my only area of interest now. The mud slinging can go on in the rooms I don't watch anymore.
@dceggert don't give up on the Forums. I for one appreciate your input. A few members placed on your "ignore list" makes life a lot less stressful here. If you don't know how, just select their profile and click ignore. Then breathe easy.
Sponsored