Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thought those of you still waiting for your EcoBoost with FX4/Tow packages would enjoy this video. The OPs are from rural Canada, so they deal with more inclement weather than many of us in US. They show loading an ATV, hauling 500lbs, and tow a 4k trailer. And I found their MPGs while towing table informative.

They don't have the huge viewership numbers like TFL, but do seem to do comprehensive "real work" reviews. I viewed another video by them where they tow a travel trailer (which made the Mav look small)...they definitely work the Mav to its capabilities..

PS I entering retirement (YIKES!) and not planning on doing off-roading, etc, My northern Wisconsin retreat is on a paved road with paved driveway so I 'll depend on my driving skills (and some winter tires) to get my Hybrid there in the winter. But by the looks of this video, you young wiper-snappers go have mucho fun with your FX4/Tow Packages...I'll hold your beer! (y)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thought those of you still waiting for your EcoBoost with FX4/Tow packages would enjoy this video. The OPs are from rural Canada, so they deal with more inclement weather than many of us in US. They show loading an ATV, hauling 500lbs, and tow a 4k trailer. And I found their MPGs while towing table informative.

They don't have the huge viewership numbers like TFL, but do seem to do comprehensive "real work" reviews. I viewed another video by them where they tow a travel trailer (which made the Mav look small)...they definitely work the Mav to its capabilities..

PS I entering retirement (YIKES!) and not planning on doing off-roading, etc, My northern Wisconsin retreat is on a paved road with paved driveway so I 'll depend on my driving skills (and some winter tires) to get my Hybrid there in the winter. But by the looks of this video, you young wiper-snappers go have mucho fun with your FX4/Tow Packages...I'll hold your beer! (y)
Gee, thanks for calling me young for buying an EB/AWD/FX4/4K. I'm closing in on 61 (also YIKES!).

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How many new truck were on the list?
Just Santa Cruz?

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I see..

Sponsored

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been driving mine for almost 3 months now in Maine. I can honestly say I am more than happy I got this over a low end Tacoma or Colorado which is what I had previously looked at. I got mine for $30,450 which was the Msrp on the window sticker no mark up at all. It has handled maine roads and winter (we also haven't had a 2-3ft storm up here yet) with 0 issues. The all wheel drive combined with the Faulken Wildpeak AT3W tires that came on mine from the factory are amazing. While I know how to handle snow and ice covered roads up here anyways the maverick has laughed off everything it has seen so far including a few roads the other day that had other people limping along at 25-30mph on 55mpg road. I ended up passing them and driving at around 60mph in slippery mode with no issues. I stopped on that road and had a hard time walking on it due to the ice but the FX4 didnt

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Great video. Maverick does everything I want it to do & more. Not only towed 4,000 lbs. but over by at least 500 lbs. passengers right? 😅

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been driving mine for almost 3 months now in Maine. I can honestly say I am more than happy I got this over a low end Tacoma or Colorado which is what I had previously looked at. I got mine for $30,450 which was the Msrp on the window sticker no mark up at all. It has handled maine roads and winter (we also haven't had a 2-3ft storm up here yet) with 0 issues. The all wheel drive combined with the Faulken Wildpeak AT3W tires that came on mine from the factory are amazing. While I know how to handle snow and ice covered roads up here anyways the maverick has laughed off everything it has seen so far including a few roads the other day that had other people limping along at 25-30mph on 55mpg road. I ended up passing them and driving at around 60mph in slippery mode with no issues. I stopped on that road and had a hard time walking on it due to the ice but the FX4 didnt
I have the pirellis and I have to say they have exceeded my expectations so far. I am surprised how well the awd system handles things. It's nice getting almost 2x the mpg my f150 gets and being able to park at the store and still get stuff in and out of it.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks for sharing. So glad I ordered the FX4/Tow on my XLT. The Maverick is a great little truck.

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You went 60mph on an ice covered road with a 55mph limit blowing by the other reasonable drivers who had slowed for the conditions? That’s not safe no matter how capable you think your Maverick is.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You went 60mph on an ice covered road with a 55mph limit blowing by the other reasonable drivers who had slowed for the conditions? That’s not safe no matter how capable you think your Maverick is.
It's a regular occurrence that people drive too slow in the snow up here. If the road had been bad enough to warrant going that slow I would have. If I had been in something with bad tires and 2wd maybe but I wasn't and the condition of that road plus how capable the truck was made it easy I followed them for 15 mins till I got to a long enough straight away to pass safely then did so.

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a regular occurrence that people drive too slow in the snow up here. If the road had been bad enough to warrant going that slow I would have. If I had been in something with bad tires and 2wd maybe but I wasn't and the condition of that road plus how capable the truck was made it easy I followed them for 15 mins till I got to a long enough straight away to pass safely then did so.
It’s also a regular occurrence that people drive too fast in the snow up here. You said the road was so ice covered that you had trouble walking on it… going above the speed limit on that road is reckless (again no matter how good a driver you think you are or how capable you think your truck is). I saw your other thread where you boasted going 75 when the DOT lowered the speed limit to 45 due to ice buildup. Normally I’d say you do you, but my family and friends share the roads with you, so I feel obligated to share my opinion.

SHBGuerrilla

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, Cyber Orange 2.0
I've made a 1500 mile trailer haul from texas to montana moving through 45-50+mph winds, and now I've gotten to take it through some decent snow. Sand mode is quite the beast in loose snow if you should find yourself shoved off the road by an 18 wheeler.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gee, thanks for calling me young for buying an EB/AWD/FX4/4K. I'm closing in on 61 (also YIKES!).
I liked that too :) going on 64 and just filed for SS last night. Still healthy enough for outdoor activities including camping, hiking, MTB and dirt bike riding, working on my own stuff, etc. I ordered ECO, AWD, 4k tow package and didn't see benefit of FX-4 as I won't be doing more off roading than dirt roads to campgrounds, event parking lots and gravel roads around town. Didn't need the skid plates, bigger wheels or stickers to handle my needs.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s also a regular occurrence that people drive too fast in the snow up here. You said the road was so ice covered that you had trouble walking on it… going above the speed limit on that road is reckless (again no matter how good a driver you think you are or how capable you think your truck is). I saw your other thread where you boasted going 75 when the DOT lowered the speed limit to 45 due to ice buildup. Normally I’d say you do you, but my family and friends share the roads with you, so I feel obligated to share my opinion.
I'm only in the Portland area maybe once every few months so you won't need to worry about it. But like I also said IF the roads were bad enough to warrant me driving slow I will. But I'm getting ready to drive on this what do you think I should be driving at in MPH?

Ford Maverick Truck King names Maverick "Best New Truck of 2022" -- Towing, Hauling and Off-Roading 16417506383383815909527670902641

Ford Maverick Truck King names Maverick "Best New Truck of 2022" -- Towing, Hauling and Off-Roading 16417506600131503376663256580322
Sponsored