Truck in but salesman now "On Vacation"

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
I saw last night on the Ford tracker that my truck is now at the dealership "In final preparation". So this morning I emailed the salesman "assigned" to me who emailed me back saying he's on vacation until Monday. Now I don't want this truck to be sold out from under me like the other horror stories I've read on here. So I guess what i'm asking is has anyone else just said the heck with it and used another sales person? I'm guessing of course you can but they keep acting like this sales guy is who I have to go through. So far they've been honest with me but I don't want to chance it.
Sponsored

wardamntexas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AWD, 4K, Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd go in and ask them to see your truck, or call the dealership if it's not local. At least find out when they'll be done with it and inform them that you know it's there.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Suggestion (had a buddy do this years ago), find the manager and get him to locate the keys and lock them up in HIS office, so no one can test drive it , "accidentally" sell it, etc. Comes up missing or sold, it's on him.

OP
OP

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
I'd go in and ask them to see your truck, or call the dealership if it's not local. At least find out when they'll be done with it and inform them that you know it's there.
It's very local, about 5 minutes from my work. So I guess i'll be stopping after then.

OP
OP

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
Suggestion (had a buddy do this years ago), find the manager and get him to locate the keys and lock them up in HIS office, so no one can test drive it , "accidentally" sell it, etc. Comes up missing or sold, it's on him.
Okay, thanks. I definitely don't want people driving it. I almost backed out of a car deal years ago because as I was signing the papers some guy got in my car and was messing around with the seat and stuff. I said something and the sales person told him to get out the car was sold. It irritated me though...

Sponsored

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just talk to the sales manager. I am sure he will take care of you.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I go in and ask to speak to sales manager. Let them know that you want to buy it but that you willing to go through the sales person since they get the commission. Ask for the manager's email and send both the salesperson and the manager an email to that effect as well

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay, thanks. I definitely don't want people driving it. I almost backed out of a car deal years ago because as I was signing the papers some guy got in my car and was messing around with the seat and stuff. I said something and the sales person told him to get out the car was sold. It irritated me though...
Back in July I had a dealer call me saying the had a Mav. Made an appointment but the sales guy did not show. By that time the truck had been sold. I did not know how hot they were then
However the customer was kind enough to show me his truck. I ended up ordering the exact same truck. I appreciated the guy doing that.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
I saw last night on the Ford tracker that my truck is now at the dealership "In final preparation". So this morning I emailed the salesman "assigned" to me who emailed me back saying he's on vacation until Monday. Now I don't want this truck to be sold out from under me like the other horror stories I've read on here. So I guess what i'm asking is has anyone else just said the heck with it and used another sales person? I'm guessing of course you can but they keep acting like this sales guy is who I have to go through. So far they've been honest with me but I don't want to chance it.
My salesman was not there the day I picked up the Maverick. Another salesman did the purchase though he didn't believe that it was to be sold at MSRP and was very suspect saying "we never do that. Who said this?" Ultimately worked out, but fuck waiting for someone to come back. It's your schedule if it's ready for pickup.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agree with most of the sentiment here. Swing by the dealership and talk to the sales manager.

OP
OP

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
My salesman was not there the day I picked up the Maverick. Another salesman did the purchase though he didn't believe that it was to be sold at MSRP and was very suspect saying "we never do that. Who said this?" Ultimately worked out, but fuck waiting for someone to come back. It's your schedule if it's ready for pickup.
Yeah, the sales person I was working with for over a year would lose out then. I know what you're saying, why should I have to wait. I decided to call them and am waiting on the manager to call me back. The receptionist told me because I have a deposit they can't sell it to anyone else. I'm going to hear it from the manager though.

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Grown men asking for permission to pickup their own truck. If it was mine and it was ready today, I'd take off work to go get this shit done. Not wait for some bum to come back from his hunting trip over the weekend.:ROFLMAO:

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, the sales person I was working with for over a year would lose out then. I know what you're saying, why should I have to wait. I decided to call them and am waiting on the manager to call me back. The receptionist told me because I have a deposit they can't sell it to anyone else. I'm going to hear it from the manager though.
I guess that's the benefit of me working with a dealership with salaried salesman. It doesn't really matter who closes the deal.

OP
OP

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
I guess that's the benefit of me working with a dealership with salaried salesman. It doesn't really matter who closes the deal.
Yeah, I guess I could say the heck with it and that sales guy is out of his commission like the poster above you would do. Once this manager calls me back I may end up doing that.
Sponsored